[DISC] Karma Mod

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
super-dave

Re: [BETA] Karma Mod

Post by super-dave »

iGuru wrote:Thanks heaps for the ideas, I've been busy but I'll work on it in my spare time :shock:
you're welcome ... i'll definitely be installing this mod soon (other things to fix first!!! LOL) :D

lazzycat

Post by lazzycat »

Hi . when The option that only Mods and Admins can Karma people. added ?
And so , i dont want user get meseger about he/she get karma. i will happy with the comment under the post ... like image i show in 1st page.

Because i want the other member see this comment then he/she try to do a same work ( do a value post )... tehee .. my member just spam from day to day... i want to stop them with this mod !

iGuru

Post by iGuru »

lazzycat wrote:Hi . when The option that only Mods and Admins can Karma people. added ?
And so , i dont want user get meseger about he/she get karma. i will happy with the comment under the post ... like image i show in 1st page.

Because i want the other member see this comment then he/she try to do a same work ( do a value post )... tehee .. my member just spam from day to day... i want to stop them with this mod !
I haven't had much time lately, probably in the next month or so this mod will have most of the features added to it.

If you know phpBB3 code or mySQL code you should be able to edit the script a fair amount, I have added in a lot of PHP comments.

I think this mod is best installed on a forum without any mods or custom profile fields, otherwise it will probable stuff up, sorry!

Omarvelous

Re: [DISCONTINUED] Karma Mod

Post by Omarvelous »

13 years old..... Wow...

Kids these days!! lol! Very nice idea... I'll look into this...

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

So ... iGuru ... is this discontinued permanently, or only until you get more free time? I'd consider continuing the MOD if you intend to stop work entirely :ugeek:
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

super-dave

Post by super-dave »

it's a shame you're discontinuing your work on the mod mate!

it's pretty impressive what you'd done already ...

spartanandjohn117

Post by spartanandjohn117 »

super-dave wrote:it's a shame you're discontinuing your work on the mod mate!

I agree. Wow... now even 13 year olds are contributing to phpBB (no offense to you, btw). Man this forum script is getting popular by the year.

iGuru

Post by iGuru »

spartanandjohn117 wrote:
super-dave wrote:it's a shame you're discontinuing your work on the mod mate!

I agree. Wow... now even 13 year olds are contributing to phpBB (no offense to you, btw). Man this forum script is getting popular by the year.
Sorry, I might continue with this but only if no-one else takes it over.

I'm not that skilled at coding, I taught myself and I knew nothing about the phpBB's special coding before I started this and since so many people are getting errors -- I'm not sure why -- I'm not sure if I should continue.

If anyone wants to use this mod, it works fine though you can't have any custom profile fields or any other mods currently.

I used some cheap coding such as removing the display for custom profile fields so the profile field wouldn't show up twice and it would show up where I wanted it to.

If someone wants to carry on with this mod, I recommend only using my php files and starting the rest from scratch.

Thanks and sorry,

David :geek:

m157y

Post by m157y »

hm, i can overtake this mod, because my main work from phpbb2.0 was bbHide, but for olympus Highway of life already developing hide hack and it's analog of my mod :)
so karma mod will be a good work for olympus :) because i love karma too :)
if iGuru take me a permission next version will be in public soon :)
m157y aka Misty
NO SUPPORT VIA PM
KarmaMOD for phpBB 3.0.x | bbAJAX
Follow me on twitter

Xabi

Post by Xabi »

I'm very interested in a mod like this!

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Locked since the MOD is discontinued. If someone gets iGuru's permission to continue development of this MOD, they are free to open up a new thread and link to this thread for reference. Please feel free to PM me if there are any questions about the MOD transferring process.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”