You can download the chat application (including source code) and view a demo (integrated with my phpBB forum) here:
List of Chat Features:
- * Multiple Channels
* Private Messaging
* Private Channels
* Kick/Ban offending Users
* Ignoring offending Users
* Online users list
* Splitting of long words to preserve chat layout
* IRC style commands
* Multiple languages (auto-detection of ACCEPT_LANGUAGE browser setting)
* Standards compliance (XHTML 1.0 strict)
* Accepts any text input (using UTF-8), including code and special characters
* Bandwidth saving update calls (only updated data is sent)
* Survives connection timeouts
* Small filesizes (see Download below)
* Logging of chat messages in XML format
* Included Log File Viewer using XSLT
* Easy integration into existing authentification systems
* sample phpBB 3 integration included
* sample phpBB 2 integration included
* Easy customization through stylesheets (CSS) and templates
* Separation of layout and code
* Well commented Source Code
Forum modifications are minimal: Only a link to the chat containing userID & userName for logged in Users is needed.
As the time and effort spent to support the AJAX Chat project has increased my support here on this topic will discontinue.
I will continue to answer support requests on the Official SourceForge project site.
Feel free to use this topic for user-to-user support.