[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
abyssal one

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by abyssal one »

Is there a way to clear out the chat room manually? I edited the chats config.php file so that it does so automatically after a day, but it would be nice to have a way to do it manually after a covnersation.

madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

fistsbs wrote:My friend try to use the chat is logout with invalid IP address message aftter 5 sec. , is this becasue she use AOL or another reason.
You can disable the IP security check in lib/config.php.

madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

abyssal one wrote:Is there a way to clear out the chat room manually? I edited the chats config.php file so that it does so automatically after a day, but it would be nice to have a way to do it manually after a covnersation.
You could do so by adding a custom command.
As soon as I got time I will write a guide on how to implement custom commands.

Alighieri

Post by Alighieri »

I'm using the phpBB3 shoutbox, and on a message send in everything except IE, I get:

Code: Select all

ChatBot: Error: Connection timeout. Please try again.

flobby22

Post by flobby22 »

Heeeelloooo? Have you forgotten me?

Wauziweb

AJAX Chat

Post by Wauziweb »

Hello group,

just have problems with the configuration of the chat! :roll:
Situation:

phpBB3 running on: http://forum.mini-aussies.com
chat will became URL: http://chat3.mini-aussies.com

...whats the right way for config informations?
a bit confused because a error with the config of the phpPATH: see above
Warning: Failed opening 'http://forum.mini-aussies.com/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /.../chat3/lib/custom.php on line 18
THX in advance...
live-board: http://forum.mini-aussies.com/
mods: ajax shoutbox / visitors today / upcoming birthdays / recent topics / tracker / user map / imageshack / welcome pm

ringo

Post by ringo »

I want to change the channels name.

Is it possible to change the only channel name from the phpBB forums in version 5.2~ ? :)

Quassimodem

Post by Quassimodem »

I am trying to install the chat, but it just doesnt work. i get this message:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'phpbb_chat' already exists [1050]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb_chat ( message_id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, chat_id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', user_id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', username varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', user_colour varchar(6) NOT NULL default '', message text NOT NULL, bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', bbcode_uid varchar(5) NOT NULL default '', bbcode_options tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '7', time int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (message_id) )CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 133
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: chat_install.php
LINE: 88
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

I have tried installing it before, but it never showed up, so I assumed it was not correctly installed.
Please help

Thanks

Quassimodem

Post by Quassimodem »

I can get it to work in it's own window now as per:

http://www.motorstormleague.com/board/chat.php

But not in the actuall forum?? And there are no links at the top to open this chat.

How and what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

garethbraid

Post by garethbraid »

Hi

I thought i'd have a bash at integrating this chat into a site i'm setting up, I have download the php33 integration version and followed the readme, however when try to run it i get the following error:
General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'disable_dabchat.phpbb_forums' doesn't exist [1146]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Does anybody know why this is, I have altered the config to
// Database connection values:
$config['dbConnection'] = array();
// Database hostname:
$config['dbConnection']['host'] = localhost;
// Database username:
$config['dbConnection']['user'] = user_id;
// Database password:
$config['dbConnection']['pass'] = *****;
// Database name:
$config['dbConnection']['name'] = dabchat;
// Database type:
$config['dbConnection']['type'] = mysql;
// Database link:
$config['dbConnection']['link'] = null;
Any help gratefully received, are there are fuller instructions or documents for the chat or is it only the readme file.

Thanks
Last edited by garethbraid on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quassimodem

Post by Quassimodem »

Quassimodem wrote:I can get it to work in it's own window now as per:

But not in the actuall forum?? And there are no links at the top to open this chat.

Thanks for any help.
Can anyone help me with this problem? As it's making me crazy... :(

Tweetygirl

Post by Tweetygirl »

Hi .. So far I am loving the shoutbox, but I am having a lil problem with it now that I have it sized and functioning.

I can no longer access my ACP, so I am thinking I either typed something wrong (I've read the instructions about 5 million times now) or I'm missing an entry.

Help!..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3058: page_header(../forum/chat/lib/classes.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3058: page_header(../forum/chat/lib/classes.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Fatal error: page_header(): Failed opening required '../forum/chat/lib/classes.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/t/w/e/tweetygirl/html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3058
So I am at a loss for what to do now since I have (from what I can see) done what the directions said and other than a total removal of the shoutbox (would=bad) I don't know any other way to access my ACP again :-(

This is the line I am most unsure about what I need to do. Going through the directories, forum/chat/lib/classes.php is an existing file, with information.
Fatal error: page_header(): Failed opening required '../forum/chat/lib/classes.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in
and for the functions.php I edited it as stated for use as a Shoutbox
/**
* Generate page header
*/
function page_header($page_title = '', $display_online_list = true)
{
global $db, $config, $template, $SID, $_SID, $user, $auth, $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path;

// URL to the chat directory (relative or absolute URL including the trailing slash):
define('AJAX_CHAT_URL', 'http://www.fahq.us/forum/chat/');

// Path to the chat directory (absolute path including the trailing slash):
define('AJAX_CHAT_PATH', '../forum/chat/');

// Include Class libraries:
require(AJAX_CHAT_PATH.'lib/classes.php');

// Initialize the chat:
$ajaxChat = new CustomAJAXChatShoutBox();

if (defined('HEADER_INC'))
{
return;
}
Thank you in advance to whomever can help. I love the shoutbox other than this.. its fluid and doesn't have a delay.

Quassimodem

Post by Quassimodem »

I still have no idea why I am getting this stupid problem, and am hoping for some help, please... :( :( :( :cry: :cry:

Frug

Post by Frug »

Quassimodem wrote:I can get it to work in it's own window now as per:

Thanks for any help.
To get a link to the chat to display on your forums you need to add a link somewhere in the overall_header template file. For example, open board/styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
Find

<ul class="linklist rightside">
after add

<li><a href="http://www.motorstormleague.com/board/chat.php" title="Chat">Chat</a></li>
or just use the relative path, whatever works.

Tweetygirl wrote: I can no longer access my ACP, so I am thinking I either typed something wrong (I've read the instructions about 5 million times now) or I'm missing an entry.

Help!...
I can't see anything wrong with your code. Try re-uploading functions.php and see if you can then access your ACP (obviously your shoutbox will be down when you do that). If that doesn't renable your ACP then something else is wrong elsewhere. If it does, try re-editing the file.
- - - - - - - - - - - Do not use dotted lines - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - or automatic signatures - - - - - - - - - -
Thar Shaddin - online freeform roleplaying for writers

Tweetygirl

Post by Tweetygirl »

i tried that.. i will attempt a clean install. and see if that does anything :) ty for the response... if anyone else sees anything i did wrong in the code or a suggestion to what else it could be? I have no other mods installed except the add user via acp one

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”