[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:49 am

AmateurCichlids wrote:What important thing are you referring to?
AmateurCichlids, you are late...and honestly, I don't understand the question.

In my view, there's only one important thing for months.
Last edited by easygo on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

User avatar
AmateurCichlids
Registered User
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:31 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by AmateurCichlids » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:31 am

I know I'm late.
When I first read your reply, it didn't contain the answers I was looking for.
Instead of making more work for myself I decided it'd be easier to tell the forum users to use what they had in the chat room and just wait for a chat that used the board smilies. Now that issues have arisen where I need to disable whispers/pm's and opening private channels, I've returned to this thread. Reading your reply, you said I missed the most important thing in the first thread. So the question was, what important thing did I miss?
If I seem to be coming across as irritated and annoyed I apologize. There's drama on my site and since I do it all for free as a hobby, I tend to find the drama irritating. I apologize if I've brought that with me here.

What I would like from anyone who may have an answer:
Have you tried to use the config.php settings to disable pm's aka whispering in chat? Has it been successful.
Has anyone found a way to use the board smilies in chat rather than re-adding them to config.js?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

LonestarSkizm
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by LonestarSkizm » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:23 am

Ok, so I successfully got AJAX chat to work and have tried, in vain, to get it integrated into the board. When anyone goes to http://skizm.homelinux.org/phpbb3/chat/ everything loads up fine and functions as normal however when anyone goes to http://skizm.homelinux.org/phpbb3/chat_test.php it does not load the chatroom. I'm not sure at this point what exactly is happening but thought someone on here might be able to shed a bit of light on the situation. I've got a basic grasp of PHP, Java, and HTML so I don't believe the problem is there but maybe my webserver?

If anyone needs to see any files please let me know and I'll post them on here. The only MODS I've added to the forums are a portal and photo album so far and this is stumping me since everything else is functioning just fine.

Here is my chat_test.php

Code: Select all

    <?php
    define('IN_PHPBB', true);
    $phpbb_root_path = '';
    $phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

    // Start session management
    $user->session_begin();
    $auth->acl($user->data);
    $user->setup();

    page_header();

    $template->set_filenames(array(
        'body' => 'chat_body.html',
    ));

       page_footer();
    ?>
Here is my chat_body.html file

Code: Select all

    <!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->
    <div class="panel">
       <div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

       <div class="content">
          <iframe src="http://skizm.homelinux.org/phpbb3/chat/index.php" frameborder="0" width="960" height="540" ></iframe>
       </div>
       <span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
    </div>
      <!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->

fimo
Registered User
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:01 am
Location: Sweden

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by fimo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 am

easygo wrote:
fimo wrote:Hello again Easygo,
fimo wrote:2)
How to make a right pane, at the moment when ever a user type something it will push down the
chat box instead of a windows scrol on the right side (as on your site
On that score am I not sure what you mean...sorry! The scroll bar on the right
hand side should occur (by default) once the display limit is reached :/
Hi again,

if you try to look at my test site here:

http://www.calnord.web.surftown.dk/arcade.php

then i cant see where i did something, so that there is no scroll bar once the display limit is reached ?
Or where do i have to look for that "display limit" ?
thank you once again !
Last edited by fimo on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:24 pm

// public goes private
Last edited by easygo on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:56 pm

LonestarSkizm wrote:Here is my chat_test.php

Code: Select all

    <?php
    define('IN_PHPBB', true);
    $phpbb_root_path = '';
    $phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

    // Start session management
    $user->session_begin();
    $auth->acl($user->data);
    $user->setup();

    page_header();

    $template->set_filenames(array(
        'body' => 'chat_body.html',
    ));

       page_footer();
    ?>
Here is my chat_body.html file

Code: Select all

    <!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->
    <div class="panel">
       <div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

       <div class="content">
          <iframe src="http://skizm.homelinux.org/phpbb3/chat/index.php" frameborder="0" width="960" height="540" ></iframe>
       </div>
       <span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
    </div>
      <!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
Try

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
* @ignore
*/
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup();

// Lets build a page ...
$template->assign_vars(array(
	'U_CHAT'	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}chat/index.$phpEx"),
));

// Output page
page_header('AJAX Chat');

// Output page
page_header('AJAX Chat');

$template->set_filenames(array(
	'body' => 'chatloader_body.html',
));

page_footer();

?>
as well as

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->
<div class="panel">
	<div class="inner">
		<span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
		<div class="content">
    	<iframe src="{U_CHAT}" frameborder="0" width="960" height="540"></iframe>
 		</div>
		<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span>
	</div>
</div>
<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
instead of yours and then let's hope it does the trick.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

fimo
Registered User
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:01 am
Location: Sweden

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by fimo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi easygo
Sent u a PM
Last edited by fimo on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

LonestarSkizm
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by LonestarSkizm » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:36 pm

easygo wrote: Try

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
* @ignore
*/
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup();

// Lets build a page ...
$template->assign_vars(array(
	'U_CHAT'	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}chat/index.$phpEx"),
));

// Output page
page_header('AJAX Chat');

// Output page
page_header('AJAX Chat');

$template->set_filenames(array(
	'body' => 'chatloader_body.html',
));

page_footer();

?>
as well as

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->
<div class="panel">
	<div class="inner">
		<span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
		<div class="content">
    	<iframe src="{U_CHAT}" frameborder="0" width="960" height="540"></iframe>
 		</div>
		<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span>
	</div>
</div>
<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
instead of yours and then let's hope it does the trick.

Ok, I've tried that code but still get the same output and I've tried FF3, IE6,and IE7 with no luck.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if maybe my web server is configured wrong or some other phpbb file that's been modded is doing this???

<EDIT: For spelling and grammar>

fimo
Registered User
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:01 am
Location: Sweden

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by fimo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:38 am

:?:

azzam
Registered User
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:33 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by azzam » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:07 am

I tested this mod on my old site on same free hosting site BYETHOST.All forum is working great

But now i installed this mod and i am getting this error >>>

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<iframe name="rotater" Width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" src="http://xlphp.net/blog2/" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="auto">
</iframe>

<!--
399 310 772 188 121 747 908 375 658 989 471 891 842 282 539 788 863 399 310 772 188 121 747 908 375 658 989 471 891 842 282 539 788 863 399 310 772 188 121 747 908 375 658 989 471 891 842 282 539 788 863 526 640 917 51 415 140 573 716 965 688 395 829 76 810 801 733 244 95 205 283 488 189 705 173 743 574 947 608 694 973 886 298 223 449 99 309 936 432 209 623 454 ph
-->


Thanks in advance :)
Azzam Malik
I love mods :)

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:09 pm

LonestarSkizm wrote:
easygo wrote: Try

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
* @ignore
*/
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup();

// Lets build a page ...
$template->assign_vars(array(
	'U_CHAT'	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}chat/index.$phpEx"),
));

// Output page
page_header('AJAX Chat');

// Output page
page_header('AJAX Chat');

$template->set_filenames(array(
	'body' => 'chatloader_body.html',
));

page_footer();

?>
as well as

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->
<div class="panel">
	<div class="inner">
		<span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
		<div class="content">
    	<iframe src="{U_CHAT}" frameborder="0" width="960" height="540"></iframe>
 		</div>
		<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span>
	</div>
</div>
<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
instead of yours and then let's hope it does the trick.

Ok, I've tried that code but still get the same output and I've tried FF3, IE6,and IE7 with no luck.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if maybe my web server is configured wrong or some other phpbb file that's been modded is doing this???

<EDIT: For spelling and grammar>
It seemed to work on my test board, as far as I've seen. So what about your chat_test.php?
There's just some javascript and style sheet behind the test link you provided here.

Means no header, no footer...no valid xhtml. How could it be run this way :?:

Also note that iframe is deprecated in xhtml 1.0 strict as well as no longer supported in xhtml 1.1
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

LonestarSkizm
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by LonestarSkizm » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:57 pm

easygo wrote:
It seemed to work on my test board, as far as I've seen. So what about your chat_test.php?
There's just some javascript and style sheet behind the test link you provided here.

Means no header, no footer...no valid xhtml. How could it be run this way :?:

Also note that iframe is deprecated in xhtml 1.0 strict as well as no longer supported in xhtml 1.1

Ok, I want to first say thank you to easygo for the code example and help since it got me pointed in the correct direction to fixing this problem.

It would appear that the problem has been resolved and the chat page is working correctly. I had modified your code to point to "chat_body.html" and I guess I still have a piece of left over code from the Handyman chat program I was using somewhere in one of my templates. I changed the code back to chatloader_body.html and then renamed the file to match and that worked. Now I get to go through all my templates looking for code I no longer need. :(

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:35 pm

Good to know that it works now, you're welcome.
LonestarSkizm wrote:Now I get to go through all my templates looking for code I no longer need. :(
Yeah, tidying up is always a good idea. ;)
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

DABenji
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:58 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by DABenji » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:04 pm

finally managed to get it working

newbie error edited the /common.php file instead of the language/en/common.php file

just one question how do i change the layout and size??

danswano
Registered User
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by danswano » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:01 pm

Good news for all, the sound notification is now working on firefox 3.0.4! :D

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”