[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
DonCristo

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by DonCristo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Ive just installed the ajax chat to my forum but when logging in with my forum username and password the chat screen displays for 1 second and then i am returned to the ajax login page ? Ive tried logging in as guest with no password and it works so whats wrong ?

Smavy

Post by Smavy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:35 pm

Hi,

after update my Server to MySQL 5 and php5 i can´t login in the chat. :(

jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

DonCristo and Smavy,

both of you might try this:
In your folder lib/config.php find:

Code: Select all

$config['contentType'] = null;
and replace with:

$config['contentType'] = 'text/html';
If either of you has null
then text/html may fix the log in problem and the problem with php 5.

DonCristo, also
find this comment line in config.php:

// Session name used to identify the session cookie:
make sure the line after contains you forums session cookie:

$config['sessionName'] = 'yourcookiename';
hope it helps, if it doesn't, change it back to null. Just make sure to refresh the cache to give it a valid chance to work.
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve

pranab

Post by pranab » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:29 am

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2466: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_cad84cc174c095a2e5d1ec2c15a15007, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2466: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2983)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2466: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /includes/functions.php:2983)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 36: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2983)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 37: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2983)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 41: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2983)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 45: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2983)

i HAVE THE FOLLOWING ERRORS !! CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE . I CHECKED FUNCTIONS.PHP TO SEE IF THERE ARE BLANK LINES. THERE ARE NONE. WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?? :roll:

http://neppies.com/chat/

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:00 am

Just leave the CAPSLOCK off and start reading error messages from the beginning.
pranab wrote:[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2466: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_cad84cc174c095a2e5d1ec2c15a15007, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)
That's your problem right now! No more, no less.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

pranab

Post by pranab » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:30 pm

i still dont get it ! i dont mean to be rude by turning the capslock on. just wanted to separate my message from the rest of my code. can you please help me further. i am still stuck. i cant figure out what file i am missing.

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:50 pm

pranab wrote:i still dont get it ! i dont mean to be rude by turning the capslock on. just wanted to separate my message from the rest of my code. can you please help me further. i am still stuck. i cant figure out what file i am missing.
Guess you should contact your server admin or webhost provider in order to solve that problem.

For me, it looks like a script was trying to get access on your session data
in /var/php_sessions/ but there was nothing found on your server.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

satandream

Post by satandream » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:17 pm

I have a strange error for some of my users, some of them get logged out and in rapidly and cant log in as they get logged out after a second. I guess this is a common error to some others and the fix will come in the new version in the end of the month

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:45 pm

satandream wrote:I have a strange error for some of my users, some of them get logged out and in rapidly and cant log in as they get logged out after a second. I guess this is a common error to some others and the fix will come in the new version in the end of the month
Eh? Since the AJAX technology is highly dependent on a stable connection between server
and clients, I wonder how your "rapidly in/out" problems could be fixed then.

Gothik

Post by Gothik » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:36 am

Query: CREATE TABLE ajax_chat_online ( userID INT(11) NOT NULL, userName VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, userRole INT(1) NOT NULL, channel INT(11) NOT NULL, dateTime DATETIME NOT NULL, ip VARBINARY(16) NOT NULL ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin; Error-Report: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 8 Error-Code: 1064
Seems like a neat mod but i just cant get the install.php to run any help would be great.
Apache Version 2.0.55
Mysql Version 5.0.67
PHP Version 5.1.2
PHPBB Version 3.0.2
---
Ill always have juggalo family.MMFCL

easygo

Post by easygo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:54 am

Gothik wrote:

Query: CREATE TABLE ajax_chat_online ( userID INT(11) NOT NULL, userName VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, userRole INT(1) NOT NULL, channel INT(11) NOT NULL, dateTime DATETIME NOT NULL, ip VARBINARY(16) NOT NULL ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin; Error-Report: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 8 Error-Code: 1064
Seems like a neat mod but i just cant get the install.php to run any help would be great.
The cause has to do with differing versions of mysql. It might be necessary
for you to make sure the compatibility mode is changed to MYSQL40 (phpMyAdmin)
or similar before you start to import sql command files like this.

Didn't do the trick? Replace all instances of

) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin;
with

) TYPE=MyISAM;
and try again.

Gothik

Post by Gothik » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:22 am

compatibility mode ?

and change those in which file?the installer.php it is not found in
Apache Version 2.0.55
Mysql Version 5.0.67
PHP Version 5.1.2
PHPBB Version 3.0.2
---

Gothik

Post by Gothik » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:44 am

hmm ok got it installed but now when i try to do anything once in the chat i get

ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 404
Apache Version 2.0.55
Mysql Version 5.0.67
PHP Version 5.1.2
PHPBB Version 3.0.2
---

easygo

Post by easygo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:31 am

Gothik wrote:compatibility mode ?
yep
Gothik wrote:and change those in which file?the installer.php it is not found in
although within the enclosed sql command file called chat.sql

Shantibuba

Post by Shantibuba » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:36 pm

I like this MOD but am wondering if there is anyway to allow a user or guest access to view the chat while restricting their ability to enter messages?

I have tried altering the permissions to 'read only' for a group. This still allows them to enter and participate in the chat.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Yes, yet another nooby

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”