[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
primetime33

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by primetime33 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:24 am

I get the follwing error whrn trying to install..

Code: Select all

Warning: main(/home/users/web/b2716/sl.primetime33/public_html/phpBB3/chat//../extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2716/sl.primetime33/public_html/phpBB3/chat/lib/custom.php on line 16

Warning: main(/home/users/web/b2716/sl.primetime33/public_html/phpBB3/chat//../extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2716/sl.primetime33/public_html/phpBB3/chat/lib/custom.php on line 16

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/users/web/b2716/sl.primetime33/public_html/phpBB3/chat//../extension.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2716/sl.primetime33/public_html/phpBB3/chat/lib/custom.php on line 16

easygo

Post by easygo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:44 am

primetime33 wrote:I get the follwing error whrn trying to install..

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/users/web/b2716/sl.primetime33/public_html/phpBB3/chat//../extension.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2716/sl.primetime33/public_html/phpBB3/chat/lib/custom.php on line 16
Might be caused by the fact that a file called extension.inc does NOT exist in phpBB3.
That means you tried to install another board version of AJAX Chat for any reason.

So just download the phpBB3 related one and try again. :idea:
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

primetime33

Post by primetime33 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:46 pm

What a bonehead mistake that was. I downloaded both versions but installed the incorrect one. Thanks for pointing that out.

Now if you could point me to where I need to the add the link in the forum, I should be set. :D

railroadfan2

Post by railroadfan2 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:26 am

Two questions... I'm using the AJAX chat on my website, with the function to add it to my overall_footer.
1st: Is there any way to show, lets say the last 200 messages when you are in the actual chat room, but to only show the last 20 on the message board itself?

2nd: any way to turn off the sound by default, but allow people to turn it on when they enter the chat room if they'd like? Lots of my users watch videos and listen to music while browsing, and this new shoutbox is bothering a number of them.

Searched through lots of this thread, and the wiki on the Ajax site, no help that I could find.

primetime33

Post by primetime33 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:11 am

Please point me in the right direction... the installation states this... Ready! Just place a link to the chat directory on your forum. :)

How/where do I do this?

easygo

Post by easygo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Means you have just to place a chat link like

<a href="{YOUR_CHAT_PATH}">Chat</a>
e.g. in the overall_header.html of your phpBB3 style(s)
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

accphotography

Post by accphotography » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:44 am

Hi there,

I'm having one tiny problem with my chat/forum integration (sorta). Could someone please help? I have read this ENTIRE thread several times and have not been able to solve the problem. I'm at a loss. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Everything works fine except for the online users number and name by the chat link. It always says [0] ("online: ", on mouseover) regardless of how many are in the room.

Here is the site:
http://67.212.179.114/~accpycom/forum/

Any ideas?

Thanks a million!!!

ACC

easygo

Post by easygo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Maybe a wrong path somewhere, I don't know and as such...
please enable both, debug and debug_extra in your config.php just by
removing // in front of these lines and then let me know if there
any errors occur, regarding the AJAX chat functionality.

accphotography

Post by accphotography » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:16 am

Nope. I had no problems doing anything I tried in the chat or the forum with the debug modes enabled. Does the debug mode create an error file or was it just supposed to show me an error when I tried to do something? Sorry I'm a little clueless here. :?

Would it help you to see some of my code? If so, which part would you need to see?

Thanks so much for trying. I know it's difficult to troubleshoot other people's issues.

ACC

easygo

Post by easygo » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Too bad! Then, let's talks about your changes in

includes/functions.php

BTW, I'm wondering why you didn't try the safest way
to integrate the AJAX Chat into your phpBB3 site.

i.e. forum/chat/

accphotography

Post by accphotography » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:01 am

What about the includes/functions.php?

I didn't want the forum/chat because I wanted people to be able to go to the www.accphotography.com/chat (that will be active as soon as my pending domain transfer happens). I go to alot of chats by going straight to the chat and it's just easier for my to remember site/chat as opposed to site/forum/chat. However if *that( is *the* problem, I may consider changing it.

Thanks a bunch!

ACC

indocobraone

Post by indocobraone » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:30 am

Hi folks, I'm a newbie as far as Ajax Chat is concerned.
I have more or less the same prob as accphotography . This is what happened:
I run phpBB 3.0.3 running ok. I installed Ajax Chat 0.8.1.2 for phpBB3. I copied Chat in the root of my forum.
I edited all required items for Chat and Shout according to the Readme and the Wiki.
Everything seems to run, the chat appears next to Help, some form of shoutbox is in the Boardindex page.
Problems:

The shoutbox only shows one little inputfield, but no sign of the shoutbox (as defined in the css specs)
When I enter something and hit enter, nothing happens (only the input disappears)

The chat seems to work, when I click on Chat [0] it takes me to a new page with the chat, but no one is in the list. Same thing there, I enter something and hit enter, input text disappears and nothing happens. There is no way that I see any one, even if I ask someone to go to the chat also.
I also don't understand the function "Channel" in the chat. What does it do? I can see all my forums but don't know what it means.
I don't get any errormessages anywhere.
The forum runs on a commercial domainserver at Bravenet.

Anyone please give me some help and answers? I would like to use the chat for my members. I am a newbie in setting up chat....

Thanks much,
Roderick

PS. The forum site: http://ico.wahrweb.org . It is a closed forum, but I can give you a testuser name and pw if you need it.

accphotography

Post by accphotography » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:11 am

Hmmm. Glad to know I'm not the only one, however your problem goes even deeper than mine. I can see and talk to other people when they are in the room, I just can't see the [0] change.

Is your chat installed at forum/chat or site/chat?

Hmmmm. I sure hope we find the answers to these frustrations.

ACC

indocobraone

Post by indocobraone » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:08 am

accphotography wrote:..... I just can't see the [0] change.
Same here, I don't see it either. Wonder if it has to do with socket?
accphotography wrote:....Is your chat installed at forum/chat or site/chat?
Hmmmm. I sure hope we find the answers to these frustrations.
My install is at: root/forum/chat
I do hope indeed to find a solution....

Cheers mate!

easygo

Post by easygo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:43 am

accphotography wrote:Nope. I had no problems doing anything I tried in the chat or the forum with the debug modes enabled. Does the debug mode create an error file or was it just supposed to show me an error when I tried to do something? Sorry I'm a little clueless here. :?

Would it help you to see some of my code? If so, which part would you need to see?
easygo wrote:Too bad! Then, let's talks about your changes in

includes/functions.php
accphotography wrote:What about the includes/functions.php?
A counter-question is not a hell of a lot at this point :/ do you wanna get help or just rant about it :/

See :: http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/p ... chat+users

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”