[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
indocobraone

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by indocobraone » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:08 am

I checked, it's all there, so is the info for the Shoutbox. And the chat window displays ok!

So does the shoutbox, but I think something's missing I get this:

Whenever/whatever I type in the input box, nothing gets displayed anywhere!
I want to emphasize: The chatbox displays ok! Only no users, no display of input-text.
I installed everything in different domains at paid Bravenet hosting.
The capture is from: http://ico.wahrweb.org
Chat is installed: root (=forum)/chat

Pugwash69

Post by Pugwash69 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:43 pm

I've got the chat working sort-of, but keep getting "Error: Connection status: 0" after every message I submit.

Other than that, it appears to work ok. Help please?

Server runs IIS6.0, MySQL 5.0.41, phpBB 3.0.3

easygo

Post by easygo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:42 pm

Pugwash69 wrote:I've got the chat working sort-of, but keep getting "Error: Connection status: 0" after every message I submit.
Occurs whenever a request by the client's browser has failed (http status 200 is required)

So the question is, what's your web browser and OS?
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

Pugwash69

Post by Pugwash69 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:54 pm

easygo wrote:
Pugwash69 wrote:I've got the chat working sort-of, but keep getting "Error: Connection status: 0" after every message I submit.
Occurs whenever a request by the client's browser has failed (http status 200 is required)

Firefox 3.0.4 on Vista Business 64

Hadn't thought this was relevant but on testing with IE7 on the same machine the error doesn't occur. Hmm...

additional info: I left the IE7 window open in the chat session and that's now giving Connection status: 500 messages

Would it be *safe* to disable the connection messages or just hide symptoms of a proper problem?
Last edited by Pugwash69 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

easygo

Post by easygo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:03 pm

indocobraone wrote:
I checked, it's all there, so is the info for the Shoutbox. And the chat window displays ok!
OK but we should not jumble up the pieces. ;) What you have quoted was intended for someone
else in order to fix something else. Anyway! I guess this is worth reading for you ::

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/p ... ntegration
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

easygo

Post by easygo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:12 pm

Pugwash69 wrote:
easygo wrote:

Firefox 3.0.4 on Vista Business 64

Hadn't thought this was relevant but on testing with IE7 on the same machine the error doesn't occur. Hmm...
Well then it could make sense to specify some config settings.

Open chat/lib/config.php in your text editor and try

Code: Select all

$config['contentType'] = 'text/html';
instead of

Code: Select all

$config['contentType'] = null;

Pugwash69

Post by Pugwash69 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:27 pm

I thought that had done it then, but same error even after closing the browser and opening a new one.

Is it worth mentioning that the first message sent is fine, it's only the second one onwards that gives this error?

easygo

Post by easygo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Never heard of it. Were you disconnected or logged out at this point?

Pugwash69

Post by Pugwash69 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Hard to say. It doesn't say I was logged out in the other window I had on the same chat room (talk to myself).

I have disabled guest logins and forced registered user login, so don't know if this masks any issues.

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:40 am

Pugwash69 wrote:I have disabled guest logins and forced registered user login, so don't know if this masks any issues.
At least prevent it that I'm gonna test it right now. ;)

indocobraone

Post by indocobraone » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:22 am

easygo wrote:....OK but we should not jumble up the pieces. ;) What you have quoted was intended for someone else in order to fix something else.
I had more or less the same problem... only, I can't chat at all besides having no one in the chat list. Everything else looks seemingly good.
easygo wrote:Anyway! I guess this is worth reading for you ::
http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/p ... ntegration
I had done this too! All of it.

Could it be an error in sockets?

Thanks for trying to be of help!

accphotography

Post by accphotography » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:38 am

[quote="easygo"
A counter-question is not a hell of a lot at this point :/ do you wanna get help or just rant about it :/

See :: http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/p ... chat+users[/quote]

Last I checked I asked for help and was NOT ranting. It was not a counter-question... I simply didn't understand what you were asking for. Your statement about the file was not very clear.

I have read all of the documentation available and still can not solve this problem.

Would you like to see the code from the file you mentioned? Is that what you were getting at?

ACC

jimmygjim

Post by jimmygjim » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:47 am

Hello Everyone, noob here -

I'm having a problem with the install of this mod. I have successfully installed it on my localhost running apache on a phpbb3 board. When I tried to install it on my server, I went through a litany of errors. I searched all the forums and went to SourceForge to get answers. First the install script gave me problems so I imported chat.sql to create tables. This worked. The I got the xml error "junk after..." and changed to 'text/html". Now the chat loads, but the online users is blank and It doesn't accept any messages. I figured that the DB was not connecting and the only thing I could find was to change the connection type to mysql from null, but still no luck. I compared the tables in phpmyadmin for both my local server and the remote one and the only difference I can see is the type. On the one that works, the type says InnoDB and the one that doesn't says MyISAM. Can someone help with what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks.

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:50 am

It's even hard to reproduce w/o having a chat link + guest access + +
So what's the MySQL server version? I guess it should be v4.1.3 or higher
in order to work correctly with the AJAX Chat database installer.

See also :: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p7548625

easygo

Post by easygo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:58 am

accphotography wrote:Would you like to see the code from the file you mentioned? Is that what you were getting at?
Yes, of course.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”