[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
accphotography

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by accphotography »

I hate to say it as I know only experts should be using software like this, but I have NO IDEA how to do what you are saying. :oops: I manage to make most things happen, but I'm not sure what you mean by this one.

ACC

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Lord, don't mistake me for an expert!

I will find the bits of code that refer to what I was talking about and post them in hopes that your problem is as simple as I think it may be.

Someone else may help you before I return tomorrow, but if not, we'll try to fix it! :D
Muggins

WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit »

Grrrr....This is getting really frustrating! I have gone through all the config files and everything and the messages just won't show. Here's what is going on....The chat will load and show the bot's welcome message. Everything shows, the bbcode, tools, etc. The typed messages don't show and there is no one in the online list. I also checked the database and the messages that I type are shown in the database, but not in the chat window :S. This is totally weird and driving me nutz.

RiTz21

Post by RiTz21 »

I installed this on my Forum, and I must say I'm impressed!
Very well done!

Is there a way to have the /Roll function expended a bit?
For instance, adding a modifier to a dice would go a long way to make this more RPG friendly...
I.e. /roll 1d20+4 would return (12+4)=16

The second ability which would cover much, would be the ability to 'list' multiple rolls in the same line:
i.e. /roll 1d20+4;1d8+2 would return (12+4)=16;(8+2)=10

That would really be awesome!

RiTz21

jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

WascallyWabbit wrote:I am having a problem after a domain/server switch. The chat module loaded fine before, but now it loads all the graphics and displays the welcome message and stops there. The chat link shows which users are connected correctly as well. It just hangs at the welcome message. Any help you be most appreciated :)

tx
A few questions?
How long have you been on the new server?
Does every other part of your board function properly?

The reason I ask, is I changed webhost a few months ago with one of my domains.
It took about 2 weeks before everything settled down and worked right.
about the time every thing leveled out, the next day I started getting various error connected to database queries.
After talking with webhosts, I found out I had to do a database repair. Luckily they had a script in Cpanel that took care of that. Everything was fine after that.
Just for your information, to consider
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve

jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

accphotography wrote:I hate to say it as I know only experts should be using software like this, but I have NO IDEA how to do what you are saying. :oops: I manage to make most things happen, but I'm not sure what you mean by this one.

ACC
Check around page 58 in this forum. There should be information close to that page with config.php info. I had put up all the edits to install the version prior to the latest. Not a whole lot has changed. Maybe muggins will find your info for you.
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve

WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit »

jimcarrel wrote:
WascallyWabbit wrote:I am having a problem after a domain/server switch. The chat module loaded fine before, but now it loads all the graphics and displays the welcome message and stops there. The chat link shows which users are connected correctly as well. It just hangs at the welcome message. Any help you be most appreciated :)

tx
A few questions?
How long have you been on the new server?
Does every other part of your board function properly?

The reason I ask, is I changed webhost a few months ago with one of my domains.
It took about 2 weeks before everything settled down and worked right.
about the time every thing leveled out, the next day I started getting various error connected to database queries.
After talking with webhosts, I found out I had to do a database repair. Luckily they had a script in Cpanel that took care of that. Everything was fine after that.
Just for your information, to consider
I haven't been on the new host very long. but all the other mods, including those with javascript, still work fine. It's just really weird that all the chats are still being logged correctly to the database, they just don't show in the chat itself. Also, the Online list showing no on in the chat, but the link to the chat still shows the correct info for who is in the chat really wierds me out.

I will continue to fiddle with it, but can you tell me what script you had to run if you still remember it?

Tx

accphotography

Post by accphotography »

Darn that didn't work! I changed all the necessary files in the config.php and yet it's still giving me all these errors. I thought for sure adding the phpbb session cookie would do the trick as that wasn't there, but it didn't.

Of course this only happened after the domain change and it worked perfectly before (save for not reading the number of people int he chat on the forum) so to me it just HAS to be be a path problem somewhere either in the forum setup or the chat... probably the chat since the forum seems to work fine. Hmmm.

ACC

accphotography

Post by accphotography »

Okaaaaay!!! After much work and a BAAAD headache I fixed it!!! Don't ask me how as I really don't know. :oops: All I know is the forum and chat work great... with one exception. I'm back to my original problem:

No matter how many users are logged into the chat, they will NOT show on the "chat (#)" link on the forum page. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to fix that problem?

Thanks a million everyone!

ACC

WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit »

accphotography wrote:Okaaaaay!!! After much work and a BAAAD headache I fixed it!!! Don't ask me how as I really don't know. :oops: All I know is the forum and chat work great... with one exception. I'm back to my original problem:

No matter how many users are logged into the chat, they will NOT show on the "chat (#)" link on the forum page. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to fix that problem?

ACC
Well, even though I am still struggling to solve my own problems, hopefully the Ajax Wiki will help you fix the link. Just follow the instructions there and you'll be set.

Now back to my issue :@

accphotography

Post by accphotography »

Sadly, WW, I've followed the Wiki to the letter many times to no avail. :cry:

ACC

easygo

Post by easygo »

accphotography wrote:Okaaaaay!!! After much work and a BAAAD headache I fixed it!!! Don't ask me how as I really don't know. :oops: All I know is the forum and chat work great... with one exception. I'm back to my original problem:

ACC
On the other side, no reply has been given -- not worth it?

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p7798575

Well, no sweat on mine. ;)
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

RiTz21

Post by RiTz21 »

In the modification for the overall_header.html file, we are told to add this:

Code: Select all

<li class="icon-chat"><a href="{CHAT_LINK}" title="{CHAT_TITLE}">{CHAT_LABEL}</a></li>
This seems to imply an Icon should be visible in front of the 'Chat' word. Yet, when I check my site, the Chat word is indeed listed at the top, before the FAQ. But it does NOT have any ICON in front of it...!?

What needs to be done to add an Icon in front of the 'Chat' word?

THANKS!

RiTz21

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

First, catch an icon... :D

Then, in your root/style/(prosilver, or whichever style you use)/theme/colours.css, find:

/* Icon images
---------------------------------------- */ 
Add on a new line, after:

.icon-chat                        { background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_chat.gif"); } 
In root/style/(prosilver, or whichever style you use)/theme/buttons.css, find:

/* Icon images
.sitehome, .icon-faq, .icon-members, .icon-home, .icon-ucp, .icon-register, .icon-logout,
.icon-bookmark, .icon-bump, .icon-subscribe, .icon-unsubscribe, .icon-pages, .icon-search, .icon-gallery, .icon-gallery-notify {

(Note: Your find may not contain the ".icon-gallery," items. I have another mod or two installed...)

Inline find:

{ 
Before, add inline:

, .icon-chat
So it looks like this:

/* Icon images
.sitehome, .icon-faq, .icon-members, .icon-home, .icon-ucp, .icon-register, .icon-logout,
.icon-bookmark, .icon-bump, .icon-subscribe, .icon-unsubscribe, .icon-pages, .icon-search, .icon-gallery, .icon-gallery-notify, .icon-chat {
    background-position: 0 50%;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-image: none;
    padding: 1px 0 0 17px;
} 
Hope this helps! Happy Thanksgiving!
Muggins

accphotography

Post by accphotography »

easygo wrote:
On the other side, no reply has been given -- not worth it?

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p7798575

Well, no sweat on mine. ;)
Sorry I missed this. I got so caught up with the new problem I forgot to go back and look for solutions to the old problem. :oops:

I realize that seems like a very odd path, but the link from the forum to the chat won't work if I change it and that IS the format the tutorial said to use.

ACC

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”