[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
RiTz21

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by RiTz21 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Are there any issues with this Mod if I upgrade PHPBB from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4?

RiTz21

BryceHockey

Post by BryceHockey » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:03 pm

easygo wrote:Um, I was talking about access to the php.ini file, not to the database.
Regarding this, the session.save_path is either wrong or missing.

P.S. That's a server config issue and as such it has nothing to do with the AJAX Chat installation itself.
No idea what or where the php.ini file is, I have FTP access but that's it. Maybe I just need to get someone else to install this, because I have no idea why it wouldn't work when I followed the 3 specific steps that were listed in the installation guide. If it is a site problem then I'm lost. Thanks for the reply anyways.

gr00vytunes

Post by gr00vytunes » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:20 pm

RiTz21 wrote:Are there any issues with this Mod if I upgrade PHPBB from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4?

RiTz21
I upgraded from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 then installed this ok :)

gr00vytunes

Post by gr00vytunes » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:28 pm

BryceHockey wrote:
easygo wrote:Um, I was talking about access to the php.ini file, not to the database.

P.S. That's a server config issue and as such it has nothing to do with the AJAX Chat installation itself.
No idea what or where the php.ini file is, I have FTP access but that's it. Maybe I just need to get someone else to install this, because I have no idea why it wouldn't work when I followed the 3 specific steps that were listed in the installation guide. If it is a site problem then I'm lost. Thanks for the reply anyways.

If your on a hosted server and i'm right in thinking easygo is refering to the php.ini associated to phpmyadmin then I would have thought it is a server wide file so would affect all users hosting their websites on it.

I'm not sure what your issue is... Have you back tracked the changes to ensure things work normally without the MOD again....

Try installing again from scratch... Did you do the SQL update ok?

There is something in your error about session cookies, do you run secure cookies on your board... Is your domain entered correctly within phpbb3 ACP aswell as the session ID into that and your config.php file?

Otherwise fingers crossed someone else can come up with something else to try!!

easygo

Post by easygo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:44 pm

gr00vytunes wrote:
BryceHockey wrote:

If your on a hosted server and i'm right in thinking easygo is refering to the php.ini associated to phpmyadmin then I would have thought it is a server wide file so would affect all users hosting their websites on it.

I'm not sure what your issue is... Have you back tracked the changes to ensure things work normally without the MOD again....

Try installing again from scratch... Did you do the SQL update ok?

There is something in your error about session cookies, do you run secure cookies on your board... Is your domain entered correctly within phpbb3 ACP aswell as the session ID into that and your config.php file?

Otherwise fingers crossed someone else can come up with something else to try!!
Associated to phpMyAdmin? No way! The central config file php.ini is read when PHP starts up on your
server. And as I already said in my first post to you, otherwise (i.e. with no access) contact your web host
provider to solve that issue. Where is the problem? Just a matter of 1 mail or 2 in my view.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

BryceHockey

Post by BryceHockey » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Hey GT, thanks for responding. A friend of mine is letting me use a subdomain off of his server, so I don't have access to the database. I had problems with a bad mod installation on an old board and am starting a new one. Last night is when I freshly installed this board of phpbb 3.0.4, if that's any helpful info. The settings and such should all be the defaults.

You asked if I did the SQL update ok, but the instructions don't have anything that I see about that. This is the part I don't understand (I'm just new to the mod scene). What exactly do I need to do to sql?

Thanks for your patience with me, I really want this to work because it looks like a fantastic chatroom, but this is just getting discouraging not having the knowledge to install properly.

Edit: Just saw your post easygo, guess I will ask my web provider then.

OregonGoldHunters

Post by OregonGoldHunters » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:41 am

doesn't seem to work in FF..

easygo

Post by easygo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:08 am

BryceHockey, could you please clarify what piece of them you didn't understand?
Installation
============

1. Upload to the server
--------------------

Upload the chat folder to your server into your phpBB3 forum directory:
e.g. http://example.org/phpBB3/chat/

2. Creation of database tables
---------------------------

Execute the provided installation script by visiting the following URL with your browser:
http://example.org/phpBB3/chat/install.php

Replace "http://example.org/phpBB3/chat/" with the real URL to your chat directory.

3. Delete the installation script
------------------------------

Delete the file install.php from the chat directory on your server.
Thanks.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

ajarnpaul

Post by ajarnpaul » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:44 am

Got the white screen of death after doing the above.
As a complete noob I'm lost.
Any ideas?

InternetMafia

Post by InternetMafia » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:55 am

Does anyone have this working as a SB that would be willing to throw up a demo.

I would like to take a look at it if possible.

I have it set up in SMF as a seperate page but I am interested what it looks like as a SB.
Dangerous But Worth The Risk

WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:34 am

I have it setup intergrated into my phpBB3 forum, only for registered users and working perfectly so far. It looks the same as "stand alone", the biggest difference if used only for logged in registered users, the only login once to the forum.

OregonGoldHunters

Post by OregonGoldHunters » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:48 am

works great, easy install, just doesnt seem to like the flash player in the FF3, but oh well. if anyone wants to check it out, http://www.oregongoldhunters.com you have to be a member to use it.

ajarnpaul

Post by ajarnpaul » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:58 am

A new download and a clean install sorted it. :D

easygo

Post by easygo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:26 am

InternetMafia wrote:Does anyone have this working as a SB that would be willing to throw up a demo.

I would like to take a look at it if possible.

I have it set up in SMF as a seperate page but I am interested what it looks like as a SB.
See: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5978495

easygo

Post by easygo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:33 am

OregonGoldHunters wrote:works great, easy install, just doesnt seem to like the flash player in the FF3, but oh well
Hi,

I don't know what that means. Since FF 3.0.4 all the Flash sound issue should be gone.
Further problems with Adobe Flash are not known or reported either.

Regards

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”