[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
blackwatch_uk

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by blackwatch_uk » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 am

I installed about a year ago now, and things are great. But wondered if there's a new version of this since 2007?

easygo

Post by easygo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:54 am

blackwatch_uk wrote:I installed about a year ago now, and things are great. But wondered if there's a new version of this since 2007?
Yes, the latest AJAX Chat release 0.8.1.2 is dated on March 22, 2008. Here you go ::

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=214758

Regards
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

ameisez

Post by ameisez » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:05 am

easygo wrote:
20 wrote:Screenshots or demo :?:
Sure, why not :: a live demo is currently available at http://www.net4seven.de/phpbb3/
Does it have its own set of smilies, bbcode, or the same as the installed smilies in the forum?

Is there no option to change font style?

Lastly, Can this be installed even if I have other ajax chat installed. Just want to test it over my test site that already has Handyman's Version of AjaxChat.

Thanks
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player

BryceHockey

Post by BryceHockey » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:31 pm

easygo wrote:BryceHockey, could you please clarify what piece of them you didn't understand?
Installation
============

1. Upload to the server
--------------------

Upload the chat folder to your server into your phpBB3 forum directory:
e.g. http://example.org/phpBB3/chat/

2. Creation of database tables
---------------------------

Execute the provided installation script by visiting the following URL with your browser:
http://example.org/phpBB3/chat/install.php

Replace "http://example.org/phpBB3/chat/" with the real URL to your chat directory.

3. Delete the installation script
------------------------------

Delete the file install.php from the chat directory on your server.
Thanks.
Hey easy, I am sure that I did all of that, but if there was anything I might not have read properly it could've been step 2.

I did step 1 exactly as told, I find the chat by visiting www.mysite.com/forums/chat.
Now for step 2, the way I read it is that visiting the installation link automatically creates the database tables. Thus I visited www.mysite.com/forums/chat/install.php. Was there more to do there?

Then deleted the installation script.

I'm asking a very nice friend of mine to install this mod and another since he has experience in the field, so don't worry about it too much.

RiTz21

Post by RiTz21 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:48 pm

gr00vytunes wrote:I upgraded from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 then installed this ok :)
Are you saying we need to re-install this mod once we upgrade PHPBB versions?
Or did you have this Mod on your Phpbb v3.0.2 version, then just upgraded to 3.0.4 without any changes to this Mod?

RiTz21

gr00vytunes

Post by gr00vytunes » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:44 pm

RiTz21 wrote:
gr00vytunes wrote:I upgraded from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 then installed this ok :)
Are you saying we need to re-install this mod once we upgrade PHPBB versions?
Or did you have this Mod on your Phpbb v3.0.2 version, then just upgraded to 3.0.4 without any changes to this Mod?

RiTz21
Nope I am just saying I am on 3.0.4 and I installed it fresh and it works fine...

gr00vytunes

Post by gr00vytunes » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:49 pm

easygo wrote:
gr00vytunes wrote:
BryceHockey wrote:
easygo wrote:Um, I was talking about access to the php.ini file, not to the database.
Regarding this, the session.save_path is either wrong or missing.

P.S. That's a server config issue and as such it has nothing to do with the AJAX Chat installation itself.
No idea what or where the php.ini file is, I have FTP access but that's it. Maybe I just need to get someone else to install this, because I have no idea why it wouldn't work when I followed the 3 specific steps that were listed in the installation guide. If it is a site problem then I'm lost. Thanks for the reply anyways.

If your on a hosted server and i'm right in thinking easygo is refering to the php.ini associated to phpmyadmin then I would have thought it is a server wide file so would affect all users hosting their websites on it.

I'm not sure what your issue is... Have you back tracked the changes to ensure things work normally without the MOD again....

Try installing again from scratch... Did you do the SQL update ok?

There is something in your error about session cookies, do you run secure cookies on your board... Is your domain entered correctly within phpbb3 ACP aswell as the session ID into that and your config.php file?

Otherwise fingers crossed someone else can come up with something else to try!!
Associated to phpMyAdmin? No way! The central config file php.ini is read when PHP starts up on your
server. And as I already said in my first post to you, otherwise (i.e. with no access) contact your web host
provider to solve that issue. Where is the problem? Just a matter of 1 mail or 2 in my view.
Its still a server wide file which would affect all website owners... By all means contact the main host and ask them, but I think you'll find that they will be reluctant to change anything that could affect anyone else. You may just find that it is ok and they don't need to make a change.

PHP.ini i got confused with phpmyadmin being the overall php server software... my apologise :ugeek:

easygo

Post by easygo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:39 pm

gr00vytunes wrote:PHP.ini i got confused with phpmyadmin being the overall php server software... my apologise :ugeek:
No problem! Things happen. ;)
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

easygo

Post by easygo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:44 pm

BryceHockey wrote:I did step 1 exactly as told, I find the chat by visiting http://www.mysite.com/forums/chat.
Now for step 2, the way I read it is that visiting the installation link automatically creates the database tables. Thus I visited http://www.mysite.com/forums/chat/install.php. Was there more to do there?
No, that's all! If you got no error message, all should be fine with your database. :)

blackwatch_uk

Post by blackwatch_uk » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:57 pm

easygo wrote:
blackwatch_uk wrote:I installed about a year ago now, and things are great. But wondered if there's a new version of this since 2007?
Yes, the latest AJAX Chat release 0.8.1.2 is dated on March 22, 2008. Here you go ::

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=214758

Regards
Do I just need to overwrite the files. Or are there database changes aswell?

easygo

Post by easygo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Just take a look into the changelog.txt file to see a summary of changes by version. :idea:

In my view, chat.sql was changed in 2008, i.e. you have to run at least ::

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE ajax_chat_invitations (
		userID INT(11) NOT NULL,
		channel INT(11) NOT NULL,
		dateTime DATETIME NOT NULL
	) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin;
using phpMyAdmin or similar! Hope this helps.

ameisez

Post by ameisez » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:40 pm

ameisez wrote:
easygo wrote:
20 wrote:Screenshots or demo :?:
Sure, why not :: a live demo is currently available at http://www.net4seven.de/phpbb3/
Does it have its own set of smilies, bbcode, or the same as the installed smilies in the forum?

Is there no option to change font style?

Lastly, Can this be installed even if I have other ajax chat installed. Just want to test it over my test site that already has Handyman's Version of AjaxChat.

Thanks
sorry to bump.. but i think easygo missed this question :D

easygo

Post by easygo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:43 pm

LOL you're dead right, sorry. :oops:
ameisez wrote:Does it have its own set of smilies, bbcode, or the same as the installed smilies in the forum?
That's all been built to stay code-independent from any board software.
ameisez wrote:Is there no option to change font style?
No, it's not implemented yet! But if you wish to have more style options, let's see...
ameisez wrote:Lastly, Can this be installed even if I have other ajax chat installed. Just want to test it over my test site that already has Handyman's Version of AjaxChat.
Never tested besides another ajax chat mod, so I don't know.

ameisez

Post by ameisez » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:08 pm

easygo wrote:LOL you're dead right, sorry. :oops:
ameisez wrote:Does it have its own set of smilies, bbcode, or the same as the installed smilies in the forum?
Can we add?
easygo wrote:
ameisez wrote:Is there no option to change font style?
No, it's not implemented yet! But if you wish to have more style options, let's see...
Not that I wish, but my current users of handyman's ajax chat loves being independent on the color, face, and size of font they will use. having my bbcode enable on the chat gives them what they enjoy most. including lots and lots of smilies. I don't want to spoil it. Now they want the whispher features badly because they need to login to ym or msn to pm someone on the room. when i ask them to choose one over the other... they hesitate :D
easygo wrote:
ameisez wrote:Lastly, Can this be installed even if I have other ajax chat installed. Just want to test it over my test site that already has Handyman's Version of AjaxChat.
Never tested besides another ajax chat mod, so I don't know.
That feels like I have to try it and post the result :D

easygo

Post by easygo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:23 pm

ameisez wrote:
easygo wrote:LOL you're dead right, sorry. :oops:
Can we add?
Smilies? Yea, just follow my tutorial :: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p7169885

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”