[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Bogey
Registered User
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:31 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by Bogey »

gr00vytunes wrote:
gr00vytunes wrote:Does anyone know where Ajax gets its time from? I am posted messages and they are 8 or 9 mins behind time??

Thanks in Advance

Anyone?

Code: Select all

	function getChatViewMessageXML(
		$messageID,
		$timeStamp,
		$userID,
		$userName,
		$userRole,
		$channelID,
		$text
		) {
		$message = '<message';
		$message .= ' id="'.$messageID.'"';
		$message .= ' dateTime="'.date('r', $timeStamp).'"';
		$message .= ' userID="'.$userID.'"';
		$message .= ' userRole="'.$userRole.'"';
		$message .= ' channelID="'.$channelID.'"';
		$message .= '>';
		$message .= '<username><![CDATA['.$this->encodeSpecialChars($userName).']]></username>';
		$message .= '<text><![CDATA['.$this->encodeSpecialChars($text).']]></text>';
		$message .= '</message>';
		return $message;
	}
Line 1980-2000 in file AJAX_CHAT_PATH/lib/class/AJAXChat.php

cheers
User avatar
ameisez
Registered User
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:04 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by ameisez »

Is there a plan ti integrate phpbb bbcode within the chat in the near future? or ability to change font like yahoo messenger.

there are times that we need to increase the font size and face during our chat meeting in order to make the chat board readable in secondary display such as projectors.

thanks
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player
killerz11
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 3:19 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by killerz11 »

I've searched through pages but could not find anything to help me.

I am having troubles with the shoutbox displaying on my forum. I want my chatlist to look like this with colored names, a delete button for people with the permissions, and alternating row colors http://www.net4seven.de/phpbb3/ so basically how it looks in the normal /chat/

My shoutbox appears like this in the normal text font of my forum
(23:06:02) ChatBot: Fireman rolls 1d6 and gets 6.
(11:49:25) ChatBot: T6 rolls 1d6 and gets 2.

I can't find the chat messages in the page source either, otherwise I might have been able to find where these are generated.

thanks
User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo »

killerz11 wrote:I've searched through pages but could not find anything to help me.

I am having troubles with the shoutbox displaying on my forum. I want my chatlist to look like this with colored names, a delete button for people with the permissions, and alternating row colors http://www.net4seven.de/phpbb3/ so basically how it looks in the normal /chat/

My shoutbox appears like this in the normal text font of my forum
(23:06:02) ChatBot: Fireman rolls 1d6 and gets 6.
(11:49:25) ChatBot: T6 rolls 1d6 and gets 2.

I can't find the chat messages in the page source either, otherwise I might have been able to find where these are generated.

thanks
Um well, if you followed this wiki step by step

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/p ... ntegration

you still may have to refresh your theme in order to see any style sheet around. :)

Regards
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)
User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo »

ameisez wrote:Is there a plan ti integrate phpbb bbcode within the chat in the near future? or ability to change font like yahoo messenger.

there are times that we need to increase the font size and face during our chat meeting in order to make the chat board readable in secondary display such as projectors.

thanks
Currently, there's no plan to integrate the phpbb bbcode functionality.
Regarding font size and face, I'll try to find a way before long.

Hope this sounds not bad. :)
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)
User avatar
muggins
Registered User
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Texas
Name: Donovan
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by muggins »

Sounds tasty, actually. Thumbs up, and happy new year!

You have been a huge help to me, and not just in this thread. Thanks again! :D
Muggins
necer_cheniki
Registered User
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:45 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by necer_cheniki »

Please can you give me the right link to download this mod ?
User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo »

necer_cheniki wrote:Please can you give me the right link to download this mod ?
Here you are: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=258987
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)
milplus
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:03 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION

Post by milplus »

Hi can you give me hte link of the installation notes I can follow fro installing the chat on my phpbb3?
it seem sot be very cool at first glance.
thanks
viktor
User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION

Post by easygo »

milplus wrote:Hi can you give me hte link of the installation notes I can follow fro installing the chat on my phpbb3?
it seem sot be very cool at first glance.
thanks
viktor
Hi,

just follow the step-by-step instructions as described in the readme.txt file. :)
It's not a big deal! You should find it in your download package.

Regards
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)
ValorSolo
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:54 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by ValorSolo »

If anyone is interested.
Instead of putting the shoutbox in my index page, I put a link to chat/index.php that pops up in a new window.
That way members can keep track of shouts, while they browse the forums.

So basically all I did was install the chat by uploading it to my phpbb directory, run the install file, and place this link in overall_header.html.

Code: Select all

<a href="chat/index.php" onclick="window.open('chat/index.php','','toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, width=800, height=500, left=20, top=20'); return false;">Chat</a>
It doesn't get any easier than that.
User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo »

Um well, but the 'how to get it in a popup window' thing is already present in the wiki

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/C ... pup+window

and was several times posted here. ;) Anyway, it's hardly to be confused with a shoutbox, isn't it?
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)
ValorSolo
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:54 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by ValorSolo »

easygo wrote:Um well, but the 'how to get it in a popup window' thing is already present in the wiki

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/C ... pup+window

and was several times posted here. ;) Anyway, it's hardly to be confused with a shoutbox, isn't it?
Whatever.
User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo »

ValorSolo wrote:
easygo wrote:Um well, but the 'how to get it in a popup window' thing is already present in the wiki

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/C ... pup+window

and was several times posted here. ;) Anyway, it's hardly to be confused with a shoutbox, isn't it?
Whatever.
Try another translator to get it straight.

Regards
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)
gr00vytunes
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by gr00vytunes »

Users keep complaining of Error Connection Status: 500 and Error Status: 0

Any Ideas!

Thanks
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”