[ABD] Paid Subscriptions.

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Geisthund

Re: [DEV] Paid Subscriptions.

Post by Geisthund »

Xocitus wrote:There is already a Subscription MOD on: http://bbs.loewen.com.sg/viewtopic.php?t=1014 (In Beta)

Hi

That version only works with phpBB2 not phpBB3.

Cheers
Gareth
clight77

Post by clight77 »

Xocitus wrote:There is already a Subscription MOD on: http://bbs.loewen.com.sg/viewtopic.php?t=1014 (In Beta)
Yes but it is for phpbb2 ?????
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...
kab012345

Post by kab012345 »

Thanks for posting that! :D I will check it out right away! :)
ewelin

Post by ewelin »

Guys... did you not read what he wrote...
poyntesm wrote:Not stopped no .. slowed a little due to work commitments. To stay up to date just check the topic. No need to PM or email me. I will always keep the thread updated. No post means no news to pass on.

I have stated before I need it so I will be writing it, maybe someone beats me to it, maybe not.

As for charges from payments gateways that is 100% up to the gateway. Google checkout have a good offer at the moment although that may change. That is why I am writing it to support multiple gateways. ;)

Also some people still posting about pay to do X or pay to do Y. Please please please read what I am saying. You are paying for subscription to a group. After that what permissions that group has or what meaning on your board a group has is 100% up to you.
poyntesm has created some great mods in the past and I'm sure this one will be no different. As he stated other work commitments took presedience. Trust me I know first hand how this goes. It's been over a month since I've been on the site. Give the guy a break... I'm sure he's still working on it and as he stated a dozen times before... no posts means no news...
kab012345

Post by kab012345 »

ewelin wrote:Guys... did you not read what he wrote...
poyntesm wrote:Not stopped no .. slowed a little due to work commitments. To stay up to date just check the topic. No need to PM or email me. I will always keep the thread updated. No post means no news to pass on.

I have stated before I need it so I will be writing it, maybe someone beats me to it, maybe not.

As for charges from payments gateways that is 100% up to the gateway. Google checkout have a good offer at the moment although that may change. That is why I am writing it to support multiple gateways. ;)

Also some people still posting about pay to do X or pay to do Y. Please please please read what I am saying. You are paying for subscription to a group. After that what permissions that group has or what meaning on your board a group has is 100% up to you.
poyntesm has created some great mods in the past and I'm sure this one will be no different. As he stated other work commitments took presedience. Trust me I know first hand how this goes. It's been over a month since I've been on the site. Give the guy a break... I'm sure he's still working on it and as he stated a dozen times before... no posts means no news...
OOoh. :?
I didn't see that. Thanks for posting :)
Sultani

Post by Sultani »

thelinx wrote:You should really implement SMS payments, use this: http://www.pay2access.net/ ;)
I think its a bad idea, why?

Well, currently paypal already charges you 0.50usd for every payment receive, if you charge 3 usd to your members through that pay2access site, you will only earn 1 usd, so they charge you 2 usd...

Make sense for you? For me dont make any sense, that system is only good for content, and not for membership access..

Just my point of view :)
Scraablee - Free Flash Games!

Sorry for my bad english ( Im american ) :D
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

have not been on in some time so just want to ask hows this one coming?
LxPower*

Post by LxPower* »

Awsome mod, Goood Work Hard Worker,
I hope its relased soon.
Cant wait this good one !

Thanks for Good Work Mate and Keep up Good Working !
phpBB Just The Best !
UnitedWeFall

Post by UnitedWeFall »

Looking forward to a release! Sounds like an awesome idea.
PCGUY112887

Post by PCGUY112887 »

Looks good, I'll like it!
sitesbycal

Post by sitesbycal »

This mod looks brilliant........can't wait to test it out.

Thank You mod authors for building us awesome software for free!!!!

You all rock! :mrgreen:
Nielz

Post by Nielz »

Great idea! i can't wait to try out...
wynnefraser

Post by wynnefraser »

Can this option be chosen at time of signup? So that users can choose to signup as a "Free" member or a "Paid" member? Or does it get chosen once signed up? Having this as an option at time of signup would be the best option, then "Paid" users could have full access while "Free" members have limited access.
kab012345

Post by kab012345 »

wynnefraser wrote:Can this option be chosen at time of signup? So that users can choose to signup as a "Free" member or a "Paid" member? Or does it get chosen once signed up? Having this as an option at time of signup would be the best option, then "Paid" users could have full access while "Free" members have limited access.
I don't think the MOD authors have discussed features like that yet.. :?
It would be cool though, like on some IP.Board's where you can choose an optional package on registration screen. ;)
Acreo Aeneas

Post by Acreo Aeneas »

Just here to express my own interest in this mod. It's been done for vB and IPB, and now will be for phpBB3. Good news indeed. :geek:

Since Poyn is already developing it, I'm not going to bother to get off my lazy butt and try to beat him to the finish line. :D
Acreo Aeneas

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”