[ABD] Paid Subscriptions.

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ewelin

Re: [DEV] Paid Subscriptions.

Post by ewelin »

Looking good! Are you going to provider a converter from the paypal mod you're using on BB2? I won't mention it by name but I believe this is the same MOD that I'm using on a site and it would be great if one could easily upgrade to BB3 keep all current memberships and logs!

Also Free Trials... an easy way of doing this is to be able to create a group with no subscription and have it have a x day/month trial period... after that period expires the user is removed from that group.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

TRICHES.FR -> If you wanted it to be pay to be a member than setup it to be forced, then they will need to have a subscription.

Also will probably do a grace period for manualy method so they have 'x' days to get it completed. For automatic though I think it will be just that automatic. I do not want to add more load to my workload.

ewelin -> :lol: well since I will probably need a convertor for my board the chances of one are fairly high. But no promises. I have the free trial already in the schema, users get one free trial and after that the option of a trial for the subscription will be removed.
ewelin

Post by ewelin »

Excelent! Glad to hear you're going to be working on this! I really look forward to it and if you need help testing a converter I'll definitely be willing to use my forum as a testie.
Geisthund

Post by Geisthund »

Unfortunately I cannot use phpBB3 until someone develops a Paypal Subscription mod.
On my phpBB2 board I use Loewen Exchange Paypal IPN Subscription with Group Mod http://bbs.loewen.com.sg/viewforum.php?f=32
Sandodo the mod developer is planning to port the mod to phpBB3 but is giving priority to his donations mod.

Might be an idea to discuss your proposed mod with him.

HTH

Gareth
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

fiorefrank wrote:It's nice but i don't know how many people will want to pay for a forum :?
How I would possibly use it is to have special support for those with a subscription on my software site.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Geisthund -> Yes that is the one we were referring to. However for me I do not want to use it any more. Its a non GPL MOD, so I would not be willing to work with him on it. I am not a license zealot, but I have made a personal choice to use only GPL MODs on my board from now on. So his is out the window. So now I need one and since I need it soon I will write it.

Also note (just visited his site) he has a BETA version with payment gateways ... so seems like users will have a choice once he converts his to phpBB3.
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

YES i can not wait for this one this is some thing i need well by looking at your image thing on how it will work its looks very good can not wait.

and hope all gos well.
nystagmu

Post by nystagmu »

I'm guessing the answer to this is going to be no, but I thought I might aswell ask anyway:
  • Would it be possible for an Admin with suitable permissions to manually input a subscription? I work for a charity and we would like to have all members regisered on the forum through our own registration process, however, some members register (and pay) by post. Would you consider incorporating this?
  • Would you consider incorporating a direct debit option? The appropriate details could be entered and exported as a csv file?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

nystagmu -> Yes the ability to manually create a transaction will be there. I would say a direct debit payment method would be possible. It would be of the none-automatic type i.e the bank does not contact the site and tell us the payment was made, so when the user pays by a manual method they get instructions on how to do it, they then go into pending status until you confirm they payment. So direct debit is a bit like a cheque method.
nystagmu

Post by nystagmu »

Sounds just what we will need then! I look forward to seeing the completed MOD.
Thanks for your quick response too!
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Teaser :twisted: :twisted:
Currency Management
Package Management
UCP Purchase Screen
So there is some of the rough pages. Making good progress on it ... hope to over the next few days get all the bits bar the payment side done. So thats the stuff like forced/optional selection on registration if setup. Notification on expiration of subscrition etc..

EDIT: Wish this forum had attachments allowed.. upload to the web, resizing etc.. would be so much easier if we have attachments.
Gollem99

Post by Gollem99 »

Thats looking awesome mate. I hope its easy for you to make it as configurable as possible so as much of a wide audience can utilise the MOD.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

What configuration options do you think are missing? You can see all current options for a package in one of the screenshots. Then there are some generic settings like forcing users to have a package. Or displaying packages on the registration screen ... but currently thats about it for config options.

All ideas considered.
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

okay to get this right will this make the group as well as the Subscription for it or ? and looking nice :)
msi_333

Post by msi_333 »

Well , thanks for that DEV :mrgreen:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”