[ABD] Paid Subscriptions.

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
poyntesm

Re: [DEV] Paid Subscriptions.

Post by poyntesm »

bad-dj -> No. You need a group already setup. I thought about adding a new group type as per old MOD but decided I wanted to separate the two. Packages are the link between users who pay and the groups they get access to.
Quezza

Post by Quezza »

Sounds great, I'd love this MOD!

Don't you need to have a config option for the colour of the membership package name? Or did I miss that in the screeny?

:D Thumbs up so far :D
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

If the group has a colour, then so does the package.
Quezza

Post by Quezza »

Oh, nice :)
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

poyntesm wrote:bad-dj -> No. You need a group already setup. I thought about adding a new group type as per old MOD but decided I wanted to separate the two. Packages are the link between users who pay and the groups they get access to.
yes thats good i like it you have to have a group already setup it make it more easy to work with hope the coding gos well :)
MagicMike304

Post by MagicMike304 »

Looks good. All the features you have listed is all I need (I think). The only thing I can think of to suggest is: A option where the Admin would get a email or some sorta of notification when someone joins. I would use this for my club and after a member joins, I would need to send them there membership package. I like the auto join group feature after payment, but the admin seeing something as soon as each member joins would help out alot.
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

MagicMike304 wrote:Looks good. All the features you have listed is all I need (I think). The only thing I can think of to suggest is: A option where the Admin would get a email or some sorta of notification when someone joins. I would use this for my club and after a member joins, I would need to send them there membership package. I like the auto join group feature after payment, but the admin seeing something as soon as each member joins would help out alot.
Yes some thing like that would be good as some people would like to get a email or some sorta of notification when someone joins.
donmega

Post by donmega »

Im laughing at the people that dont think this is necessary. After being a long long long term fan of phpbb Im actually switching all my forums over to either vbulletin or ipb (leaning towards vb) because BOTH packages come standard with catagory heirarchy and a paypal subscription mod.

I actually got both mods working on phpbb2 and it was VERY HARD but I need it for my forums.
If you look on the paypal ipn board and the cat heirarchy board im the one that got them working together and I think the only one using the system.

Its hard to manage mods after the phpbb2 is modded like this and some just wont work like a mass pm mod which I also need. So I have a cloned forum that I enable and disable at will just to do other stuff like mass pm. It sucks and is why Im converting over to a different forum. I dont even mind paying for the things I need just as long as I can get them.

I was hoping phpbb3 had these mods and I see it at least has cat heirarchy built in but it really needs a payment mod built in to compete with some of the other big hitters in php bulletin systems.

Ib be willing to help out if anyone needs it just pm me.

Just my 2 pennies.
chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Hi Esmond,

Looking forward to this mod 8-) If your garage is anything to go by this should be well worth the wait :D

Only one suggestion from me which would be useful in my situation...we have a 'For Sale' section for userss to trade items. We'd like to make a charge for each post in this section, or they could buy x number of posts to be used in sections where a subscription is required. A package based on membership for a certin time for us is of little use as people would just subscribe for a day then place multiple ads.

Thanks for your work developing some great mods! :mrgreen:
dowanor

Post by dowanor »

The forum which I help maintain will need this mod when we upgrade to phpBB3 (when the time comes).
Actually, we will not upgrade at all unless this mod or similar solution is available and working as the life of the forum is dependant on active members who are willing to subscribe.

Best of luck with the programming, and looking eagerly forward to see the endresult.
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

Okay i have some thing you could add okay you know how its in USD set in the admin cp but when a user gos to buy there should be a drop down and it has like USD, AUD and what not and when they click it, it will show ho mutch they have to pay in that for eg : say in the admin cp its set for $1.00 and the user wants to see what he ha to pay in AUD and he put the drop down box to AUD and it will change the shown prisce to 1.18.
If you know what i mean?
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

I forgot to ask you will this support all types of paypal??
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

What types are you talking abuot??
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

poyntesm wrote:What types are you talking abuot??
you know how you got Personal, Premier, Business types ?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Ah.. yeah. They all should be supported as payers. However obviously to do subscriptions you need to be a premium if I remember.

To be honest the actual payment part will be the last chore for me. Its all the stuff that happens around that I am working on at the moment.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”