[ABD] Country Flags 1.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Benely

Re: [RC] Country Flags 1.0.0

Post by Benely »

Have you added all the modules/
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

you mean the instructions that say go to acp -> user and groups etc? Yes, I did all of that. The modules were added successfully and enabled. I also went to the admin permissions and set it to "yes" (that step was left out of the install manual I think).

If the Country Flag is supposed to be in the drop down menu, what file should I be taking a closer look at? Or maybe an SQL line? I did run the install.php too. thanks in advance for your help.
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!
chocopi

Post by chocopi »

Im using 3.0.1 and when loading memberlist.php im getting this error:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\xampp\htdocs\game\forum\includes\template.php(175) : eval()'d code on line 118
so when i refresh it i then get this error as the above one is pretty useless :)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\xampp\htdocs\game\forum\cache\tpl_prosilver_memberlist_body.html.php on line 118
but the only bit in memberlist_body.html that i could think this error is coming from is

<td class="info"><!-- IF memberrow.U_WWW or memberrow.LOCATION or memberrow.FLAG_IMG --><!-- IF memberrow.U_WWW --><div><a href="{memberrow.U_WWW}" title="{L_VISIT_WEBSITE}: {memberrow.U_WWW}">{memberrow.U_WWW}</a></div><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF memberrow.LOCATION --><div>{memberrow.LOCATION}</div><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF memberrow.FLAG_IMG --><div>{memberrow.FLAG_IMG}</div><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ELSE -->&nbsp;<!-- ENDIF --></td></div><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ELSE -->&nbsp;<!-- ENDIF --></td>
but i cant see the error :cry: but any help would be appreciated :mrgreen:
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

When i go to administrate user, and try to change their flag, i dont see the option to do that. "Country Flag" is in the drop down menu, but when I go to it, its just a blank page. Was there a fix for that that i missed in this thread?

Is it supposed to be in the drop down menu in the first place, or am i supposed to see the dropdown menu in their profile settings page?

I have added all 2 visible and 1 hidden in the ACP. Dunno what else I should check. running 3.0.1. thank u
TMorph

Post by TMorph »

This mod does not work well in phpbb3 version 3.0.1 gives errors in the administration
The developer would have to be updated mod.
I uninstalled the mod to see if new version comes out. Greetings and thanks :idea:
I feel my English, Translation with translator
CiberMorph
CiberMorph-phpbb3
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Note for nedka... :)

FYI, according to the ISO country list, 2 are missing, 1 is not a country and 1 code is wrong.
http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/is ... ements.htm
Last edited by -=ET=- on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal newbie
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

TMorph wrote:This mod does not work well in phpbb3 version 3.0.1 gives errors in the administration
The developer would have to be updated mod.
I uninstalled the mod to see if new version comes out. Greetings and thanks :idea:

yeah, it took so long for me to install, i can't bare the idea of uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again in the future. *sigh* I mean, users can set their own flags, and it works, its just that admins cant administrate anyone's flags. I can bare with that for now. I hope nedka comes back soon, or if someone can ID the problem.

Anyone running 3.0.1 with this mod and NOT have any of these problems?
Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

I have not yet updated to 3.0.1, and am unlikely to do so, given the heavily modded condition of my boards...

However, I do have a question:

The sort option doesn't seem to work in my memberlist. Is this an error on my part, or is this a larger problem?
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

-=ET=- wrote:Note for nedka... :)

FYI, according to the ISO country list, 2 are missing, 1 is not a country and 1 code is wrong.
http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/is ... ements.htm
Ofcourse the code for United Kingdom is GB. Despite though the links you posted, I'm afraid to say that IPs are not yet listed for those new Countries (perhaps they don't have an internet ISP over there?) :)

I use for my IP related MODs the http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info/ IP Database, updated - this one - to the latest of 01-May-2008 .. downloadable here: http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info/do ... ry.csv.zip .. as you can see there is not a lonely IP related to those Countries.

Regards.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Tourex

Post by Tourex »

Hi

This is a great mod and just what I am looking for. However, I need to force the user to pick a flag at time of registration - not just through the UCP. Any thoughts on that please?
oddfish

Post by oddfish »

Tourex wrote:Hi

This is a great mod and just what I am looking for. However, I need to force the user to pick a flag at time of registration - not just through the UCP. Any thoughts on that please?
That is already the case Tourex. Users must select a flag to complete the registration process.

check Gremlinn's post to resolve an issue to make it work correctly : http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4317795

hope that helps.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net
geeklife

Post by geeklife »

Could this be modified to show United States flags instead of countries? We have a forum that spans the states in the USA and this would fit, although the code would need to be modified to accomodate for state flags/states instead of country flags/countries.
oddfish

Post by oddfish »

geeklife wrote:Could this be modified to show United States flags instead of countries? We have a forum that spans the states in the USA and this would fit, although the code would need to be modified to accomodate for state flags/states instead of country flags/countries.
Simply remove what is currently listed in the ACP Manage country flags module and then add your states in place of country codes. i.e. tx for Texas with the appropriate flag image etc.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net
Tourex

Post by Tourex »

Referring to chocopi's report above, is it confirmed that this mod doesn't work, or elements of it don't work, in phpBB 3.0.1? I don't want to waste time installing a mod that doesn't work, or causes problems, with current versions of the forum.
geeklife

Post by geeklife »

oddfish wrote:
geeklife wrote:Could this be modified to show United States flags instead of countries? We have a forum that spans the states in the USA and this would fit, although the code would need to be modified to accomodate for state flags/states instead of country flags/countries.
Simply remove what is currently listed in the ACP Manage country flags module and then add your states in place of country codes. i.e. tx for Texas with the appropriate flag image etc.
Oh man..that simple? *smacks myself. Why didn't I think of that. Appreciate the heads up.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”