[ABD] Country Flags 1.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
SkyKnight

Re: [BETA] Country Flags 0.8.0

Post by SkyKnight »

Hi, the MOD is perfect, but I've had one problem. Allways was displayed spacer.gif image, instead of flag image, because

Code: Select all

while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
{
  $selected = ($data['flag'] && $row['flag_id'] == $data['flag']) ? ' selected="selected"' : '';
  $s_flag_options .= '<option id="' . $row['flag_image'] . '" value="' . $row['flag_id'] . '"' . $selected . '>' . $row['flag_country'] . ' (' . $row['flag_code'] . ')' . '</option>';
  $flag_image = ($selected) ? $phpbb_root_path . $config['flags_path'] . '/' . $row['flag_image'] : $phpbb_root_path . 'images/spacer.gif');
}
$db->sql_freeresult($result);

Here will be flag displayed only if you've selected the last flag in the list. At least should be like this:

$flag_image	= '';
while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
{
 $selected = ($data['flag'] && $row['flag_id'] == $data['flag']) ? ' selected="selected"' : '';
 $s_flag_options .= '<option id="' . $row['flag_image'] . '" value="' . $row['flag_id'] . '"' . $selected . '>' . $row['flag_country'] . ' (' . $row['flag_code'] . ')' . '</option>';
 if ( $selected )
    $flag_image = $phpbb_root_path . $config['flags_path'] . '/' . $row['flag_image'];
}
$db->sql_freeresult($result);

if ( empty($flag_image) )
  $flag_image = $phpbb_root_path . 'images/spacer.gif';
But may be I'm wrong :D
Last edited by SkyKnight on Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkyKnight

Post by SkyKnight »

BTW: do you need russian translation?
vigge_swe

Post by vigge_swe »

Hi! I can't manage the flags :( I managed to install it correctly (puh, hard work) bt when I want to acces the module it says "module not accesible" and I have dubblechecked everything. What should I do? ( I can set the path and things, It is the acp_flag and acp_user thing that isn't working for me). And it has rezised the text on every topic. See here: http://jagf.phpnet.us/phpBB3rc4/ I'm not advertising! I don't want a warning for this, it is a support related thing so he better understands the problem!. How do I fix the font size and over the banner some 1 lined strange code poped up? It wasn't so before.
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

Hello.

I tried to install this MOD on a RC5 version, but I have this problem when I want to go to UCP:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in E:\Program Files\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\rc5-does-not-work\includes\ucp\ucp_profile.php on line 266
During inscription, I can't select my country flag, beacause the list is empty, I have just: Select your contry flag.
U have the same problem when I want to edit the country flag of a user in ACP.
There is no flag in my flag list.
I already enter the paht of flags images, taht's why I don't understand why I can't choose any flag.

Sorry for my English, I'm French & thanks for your help.
Theory, it is when nothing works, and when we know why.
Practice, it is when everything works, and when we do not know why.

Here, both are combined: nothing works, and nobody knows why.
Albert Einstein
talkbasket

Post by talkbasket »

How could I unistall this mod completely? I get errors and I want to uninstall it and try installing again.
TalkBasket - Home of basketball

Create Blog | Forums | Ask the Coach
nedka
Name: Khoa Nguyen

Re: [BETA] Country Flags 0.9.0

Post by nedka »

Updated this MOD to version 0.9.0 for RC5
Added 3 new translation: Spanish (NetoBochas), German (Michael Zacher) and Finnish (niejon). Thanks all! :)

@SkyKnight: Thanks you, i fixed it with your suggestion :D
@ALL: Try update 0.8.0 to 0.9.0, or re-install it with version 0.9.0, now it's compatible with RC5. I tested it with RC5 and everything seems working good :?
VinaBB - Republic of phpBB
talkbasket

Post by talkbasket »

@ALL: Try update 0.8.0 to 0.9.0, or re-install it with version 0.9.0, now it's compatible with RC5.
Should I just re-edit files and leave database as it is? What about modules for acp?

nedka

Post by nedka »

Yes, you should use "0.8.0_to_0.9.0" text file in "Updates/" folder, and this MOD have 3 modules (2 active and 1 hidden)
talkbasket

Post by talkbasket »

I get this error :|

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4181: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

nedka

Post by nedka »

Please enable DEBUG mode of phpBB3, we will know the reason:
Open config.php
Find:

// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
Replace with:

@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
PS: You can use pre-modded files included with this MOD, for testing quickly... :)
talkbasket

Post by talkbasket »

Cheers niedka, got it working finally 8-)

Zinan

Post by Zinan »

I tried setting this version 0.8.0 for RC1 but I had RC5 at the time and added the modules and when I click on Users and Groups in ACP, it doesnt show manage flags or anything. So I decided to get 0.9.0 and followed the steps for updating from 0.8.0 to 0.9.0 and everything seems fine, the templates and all load perfectly, but for ACP modules, when I click on General-->Country flag settings it says..

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_board.php on line 510: Undefined index: ACP_FLAG_SETTINGS

Also, I noticed that when adding the modules its not the same as the screenshots, it says

ACP_FLAG_SETTINGS
ACP_MANAGE_FLAGS
ACP_USER_FLAGS

is something wrong with these modules? did I edit something wrong? what should I do to fix this problem.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just redo everyone using 0.9.0, maybe its because I installed 0.8.0 when it was meant for RC1.
Zinan

Post by Zinan »

Alright I just got done updating to 0.9.0 and it seems like everything works now except, I dont know how to add new country flags and such. Where do I go to manage my flags? Right now, there is no country flags listed when I try to select a country from register or UCP.

EDIT: Nevermind all works now, sorry. My flags database was empty for some reason. So I re-ran cf_install and it works perfectly now.
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I just installed version 0.9 and I have the same problem as version 0.8, I manage to install the countryflag settings for the board but when I install the 2 other modules (acp_flags + acp_users), they just won't to show up in the ACP. I cleared the cache and activated the modules but still nothing shows up. Th emod is working but I'm unable to add or remove flags or countries from the database.

Is there something wrong with my DB as the problem already showed up in the previous 0.8 version?

Grtz,

Nic
nedka

Post by nedka »

In includes/acp/info/acp_flags.php:

'flags'		=> array('title' => 'ACP_MANAGE_FLAGS', 'auth' => 'acl_a_flags', 'cat' => array('ACP_BOARD_CONFIGURATION')),
You need "acl_a_flags" permission to see this module - acp_flags. It is inserted automatically when you run cf_install.php file:

// Add the new permissions: a_flags
// Used for acp_flags module mode
$sql_ary = array(
	'auth_option'		=> 'a_flags',
	'is_global'			=> 1,
	'is_local'			=> 0,
	'founder_only'		=> 0,
);
$db->sql_query('INSERT INTO ' . ACL_OPTIONS_TABLE . ' ' . $db->sql_build_array('INSERT', $sql_ary));
You should re-check it in phpbb_acl_options table, or re-insert it manually with this SQL:

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only) VALUES ('a_flags', 1, 0, 0);
And module in [acp_users] of this MOD, this is a hidden module, you only see it in user management screen: ACP -> USERS AND GROUPS, enter a username, and select from dropdown list:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”