[ABD] alphaPORTAL - Pending Admission to MODDB

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
harmlessgoat22

[ABD] alphaPORTAL - Pending Admission to MODDB

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:32 pm

Last edited by harmlessgoat22 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Adders13

Re: [BETA] alphaPORTAL

Post by Adders13 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Do you have a demo or preview armless?
--//ADEN//--

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:03 pm

we wait :)

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:31 pm

Adders13 wrote:Do you have a demo or preview armless?
Not quite yet, but I'm trying to get one up as fast as I can :D

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:23 pm

http://phpalpha.net/demo020/index.php

That's the demo...enjoy!

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:46 pm

Looks good - BUT - two small glitches I have found with my view with IE7 (both full page and reduced size windows.)

If resizing the window it has a tendance in IE7 of moving the center blocks below the blocks on the right.
(IE the announcemnets/news is move below the statistics box.) It is even doing the same with a full screen window - with 1024 x 768 display.

Also the text such as "Recent Announcements" overflows the block if the window is resized such that the left block is too narrow to display the words - are you able to make that section a minimum size to cope with that issue.

One 'funny' with this system I am using, it has dual monitors - so that might be part of the issue.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:42 pm

ChrisRLG wrote:Looks good - BUT - two small glitches I have found with my view with IE7 (both full page and reduced size windows.)

If resizing the window it has a tendance in IE7 of moving the center blocks below the blocks on the right.
(IE the announcemnets/news is move below the statistics box.) It is even doing the same with a full screen window - with 1024 x 768 display.

Also the text such as "Recent Announcements" overflows the block if the window is resized such that the left block is too narrow to display the words - are you able to make that section a minimum size to cope with that issue.

One 'funny' with this system I am using, it has dual monitors - so that might be part of the issue.
Thanks
I tried it in IE and I had to make the box about 3 inches wide to reproduce the same effect you are talking about. The reason for this is, the words are too long to fit on the line. I'll see what I can do about the Recent Announcements thing...maybe I'll just change it to Announcements.

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:40 pm

"Recent" & "Announcements" move to seperate lines - its the length of the word "announcements" that is the problem.

It is also from the length of other things like usenames etc - anything that will not split in two by using a space.

Although the change to the left box would be nice - its the center panel getting put to the bottom that is the most off putting.

I have a 15" LCD screen with that resolution - which I do not think will be too much unusual for visitors. (although I do have two of them)
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:33 pm

ChrisRLG wrote:"Recent" & "Announcements" move to seperate lines - its the length of the word "announcements" that is the problem.
That's what I was thinking...
ChrisRLG wrote:It is also from the length of other things like usenames etc - anything that will not split in two by using a space.
OK...
ChrisRLG wrote:Although the change to the left box would be nice - its the center panel getting put to the bottom that is the most off putting.
I'll try to get that fixed...
ChrisRLG wrote:I have a 15" LCD screen with that resolution - which I do not think will be too much unusual for visitors. (although I do have two of them)
I'll try to get it all fixed :D

daza

Post by daza » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:42 am

Wow, looks great, just what I'm after.

The feature I'm most interested in is the hot topics / recent topics module, how many recent topics can you have? Is there a limit or is it up to me?

brenblade

Post by brenblade » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:25 am

demo shows : Internal Server Error

looking forward to seeing your demo!

RATT

Post by RATT » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:49 am

Looking forward to using this in the future. Looks promising.

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:07 pm

daza wrote:Wow, looks great, just what I'm after.

The feature I'm most interested in is the hot topics / recent topics module, how many recent topics can you have? Is there a limit or is it up to me?
Thanks!!!

The recent topics module is not yet quite up...the hot topics and recent announcements are though...you set how many you want to display in the portal/recent_box.php page.
brenblade wrote:demo shows : Internal Server Error

looking forward to seeing your demo!
The site appears to be up at the moment...
RATT wrote:Looking forward to using this in the future. Looks promising.
THANKS!!!

Jwazoo15

Post by Jwazoo15 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:40 pm

i so badly need this , aint it subsilver compatible , theres only edits for prosilver :(

MikeShinoda

Post by MikeShinoda » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:46 pm

Ok, but the integration with the acp?
Noi:due corpi,due cuori,una sola anima,un unico grande sentimento ke può essere espresso da 2 sole grandi parole:Ti amo!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”