[ABD] alphaPORTAL - Pending Admission to MODDB

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
harmlessgoat22

Re: [DEV] alphaPORTAL

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:31 pm

hmm...sorry...I've been extremely busy lately...I'll get back to you soon.

crackerboy

Post by crackerboy » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:25 am

Is there a demo and some progress on this portal?

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Has this been abandoned?

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:37 pm

Not abandoned at all. I submitted it to the MODDB, didn't pass Instadeny 3 times in a row. But don't worry, I think I've fixed everything now. Hopefully once it gets past the Instadeny stuff, it'll be good enough that it'll make it on it's first try. I really don't want to wait 6 months to get this guy in there.

RATT

Post by RATT » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Download/Demo?

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:35 pm

RATT wrote:Download/Demo?
http://www.livethedream05.co.uk/alpha/

All registered users can view the part of the ACP used for editting alphaPORTAL, so just register.

Ratmaster

Re: [Released] alphaPORTAL - Pending Admission to MODDB

Post by Ratmaster » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:53 pm

I think the reason why it is not being added to the MODDB is because I think it said the styles had to be for both subSilver2 and Prosilver.

RATT

Post by RATT » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:12 am

Nice looking portal but it has the forum cell rather large with who started the thread over the forum icon.

Does it only do that in prosilver or is this supported for subsilver2 styles as well and not look that way? I love the way the portal is configured to show in viewforum and on the index as well. Looks really nice other than who started the thread over the forum icon.

Benely

Post by Benely » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 am

Greate mod, just tring to set everything up properly but after the install and when I go to a topic I get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class custom_profile_admin in /home/benalec/public_html/v3/includes/functions_profile_fields.php on line 1082
I've double checked my edits and it all thems to be there...

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi,

Please change your topic prefix to [RC] since the MOD essentially a stable version and is pending validation in the MODDB. We don't allow any topic titles like "Released" or "Submitted". The topic title could be "[RC] MODNAME (pending validation)".

Thanks.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Ratmaster

Post by Ratmaster » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:48 pm

RATT wrote:Nice looking portal but it has the forum cell rather large with who started the thread over the forum icon.

Does it only do that in prosilver or is this supported for subsilver2 styles as well and not look that way? I love the way the portal is configured to show in viewforum and on the index as well. Looks really nice other than who started the thread over the forum icon.
I had the same problem, but it only happened to me because I had my bookmarks open.

floutchito

Re: [RC] alphaPORTAL - Pending Admission to MODDB

Post by floutchito » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:40 am

Hello all,

I've installed this portal locally, and I got an error while executing portal_install.php :

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 347: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 421: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 421: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in G:\Developpement\Forum\v3\local_test_v3\phpBB3\includes\auth.php on line 347

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in G:\Developpement\Forum\v3\local_test_v3\phpBB3\includes\auth.php on line 421

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in G:\Developpement\Forum\v3\local_test_v3\phpBB3\includes\auth.php on line 421

Line 347 from auth.php :

foreach ($this->acl_options['global'] as $opt => $id)

Line 421 from auth.php :

foreach ($this->acl_options[$ary_key] as $opt => $id)
I also have an error trying to connect to admin page :
Notice: NO_FORUM in G:\Developpement\Forum\v3\local_test_v3\phpBB3\includes\functions_posts_anywhere.php on line 50
I did it with EasyPHP v2.0 (including php v5.2.0, sql 5 , phpmyadmin 2.9).
Does anyone have a tip for this problem?

LolliPOP1

Post by LolliPOP1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi!
I hope you can help me: I already had put a lot of work into an own portal - nothing like yours, just fitting to my needs, with one exception: I would like to put your poll- block onto my portal site.

Could you please help me to find out which sections of code are needed to run the poll block indepently and how to distribute these to my three existing files /start.php, /includes/module_poll.php, /styles/templates/proSilver/start.tpl ?

I really need your help.

Thanks a lot in advance!

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:41 am

Ratmaster wrote:I think the reason why it is not being added to the MODDB is because I think it said the styles had to be for both subSilver2 and Prosilver.
Umm...I never said it wasn't being admitted into the MODDB. I said it is in the queue, meaning it hasn't been looked at yet. And no, subSilver is not the official style of phpBB3 therefore it is not required.
Ratmaster wrote:
RATT wrote:Nice looking portal but it has the forum cell rather large with who started the thread over the forum icon.

I had the same problem, but it only happened to me because I had my bookmarks open.
This happens on lower resolutions, and apparently, when the page view is thinned...how to fix it? Well you could change the percentages in the common.css edit, but other than that, there isn't much you can do. It is because it doesn't have enough room to fit in the page, so it has to go on to the next line. This is a problem with having the sidebars on the index page. It is possible to change it to only use one sidebar on the index by doing this...(in index_body.html)

<div id="sidebar_left">
<!-- BEGIN include_modules -->
{include_modules.S_INCLUDE_COMBINED}
<!-- END include_modules -->
</div>

<div id="content_combined">
    {include_modules.S_INCLUDE_INDEX}
</div> 
instead of this...

<div id="sidebar_left">
    {include_modules.S_INCLUDE_LEFT}
</div>

<div id="sidebar_right">
    {include_modules.S_INCLUDE_RIGHT}
</div>

<div id="content_center">
    {include_modules.S_INCLUDE_INDEX}
</div> 
@floutchito
Try clearing your cache manually (deleting all the files in the /cache/ directory except .htaccess and index.htm).

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. I honestly don't know. So far, I've had one user that that hasn't worked on, but hopefully you won't make two ;)
LolliPOP1 wrote:Hi!
I hope you can help me: I already had put a lot of work into an own portal - nothing like yours, just fitting to my needs, with one exception: I would like to put your poll- block onto my portal site.

Could you please help me to find out which sections of code are needed to run the poll block indepently and how to distribute these to my three existing files /start.php, /includes/module_poll.php, /styles/templates/proSilver/start.tpl ?

I really need your help.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Sorry, I don't have time, but here is the page I would recommend looking through...
includes/ap/ap_portal.php
That's all I can tell you.

LolliPOP1

Post by LolliPOP1 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Thanks a lot!

Thant's want I meant; some little help to give me the first steps and some advice where to look at.
This may not be anough but its very good help.

I'll write later again if I find some specific question...

Bye

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”