[ABD] alphaPORTAL - Pending Admission to MODDB

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Xearoveg

Re: [RC] alphaPORTAL - Pending Admission to MODDB

Post by Xearoveg »

Edit2: Nvm read through forum like I should have in the first place. Thanks guys.

Xearoveg

Post by Xearoveg »

The mod has shrunk my forum tables to about half the size, how would I correct this?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3525/wtfhj8.png

Is there a way I can enlarge the max width?

Edit: fixed this issue by enlarging the width of my style.

Now I have another problem. When I add index module to the index category under the ACP_AP, The index doesn't appear normally. The only problem is that it is taking off the part of my style where the title of the categories normally lies on top of.

Changing it from: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5375/wtf2da0.png

to: http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/386/wtfzp9.png

My guess is that the subsilver2 doesn't have an equivalent to that image that the title lays on. So it doesn't get transfered over when following subsilver2 instructions for the mod.

Also in IE the index module is displayed down and to the right, actually under the right sidebar for some reason.... But firefox shows it just fine.

Actually it seems anything using the content_center is incorrectly placed like I described above in IE 6.0.

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

At Xearoveg, the reason it's shrunk is because it is making room for the sidebar. You need to put stuff in the Combined category to appear in that sidebar.

About the index, I'm not quite sure. alphaPORTAL includes forumlist_body.html, so it should be using that same thing. I admit, subSilver alphaPORTAL hasn't been tested as much, perhaps I ended a tag too soon, or forgot to end one. Perhaps look at the code (I'll look too)

About the 'down and to the right' problem, this has been asked a few times. It is a flaw in this version. Here is some updated code though. Just find the code you added to styles/YOUR_STYLE/theme/common.php, and replace it with this...

Code: Select all

#sidebar_left {
	float: left;
	width: 17%;
	margin-bottom: 10px;
	margin-right: 1%;
}

#sidebar_right {
	float: right;
	width: 17%;
	margin-left: 1%;
}

#content_center {
	width: 63.9%;
}

#content_combined {
	width: 81.9%;
}

.portalheader {
	margin-bottom: 5px;
	margin-top: 5px
}

.menu_items {
	border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
	margin-bottom: 7px;
	padding-bottom: 5px;
}

.indent {
	margin-left: 10px;
}

.link_break {
	margin-right: 30px;
}

Xearoveg

Post by Xearoveg »

Somehow fixed the problem with ie 6.0 by myself on accident while dinking around with stylesheet.css trying to fix something i messed up lol, and I think you mean stylesheet.css, common.css is the file you edit for prosilver.

I have fixed everything except the problem with the forum index headers.

It's interesting, it displays them correctly once I go into a category (viewtopic_body.html ?). but while viewing it from the index (viewforum_body.html ?) it cuts the tops off, the difference is just like how I showed you in my previous post.

I'll see what I can do to find out the problem.

If I fix it I will post it in case anyone else is using this style. I think it's pretty popular.

bouncybeatz

Post by bouncybeatz »

Last time i installed this there was an SQL query we had to run but there aint one now plus I just tried installin this 3 times and i get the same SQL error is there a way to fix it some how?

Done all the edits, file copys correct for sure, here's the error i keep gettin.

SQL ERROR [ sqlite ]

SQL logic error or missing database [1]

SQL

SELECT module_id, module_enabled, module_basename, parent_id, module_langname, left_id, right_id, module_auth FROM phpbb_alpha_modules WHERE module_class = 'ap' ORDER BY left_id ASC

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/sqlite.php
LINE: 110
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_alpha_modules.php
LINE: 776
CALL: dbal_sqlite->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_alpha_modules.php
LINE: 578
CALL: acp_alpha_modules->make_module_select()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_alpha_modules->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

umm, you still have to run the install...

Mr_HaZaRd

Post by Mr_HaZaRd »

Hi, could you chekc the demo version?, its not working...

mikedean2

Post by mikedean2 »

Ho hum...

I'm afraid I'm knee deep in the smelly stuff - I've attempted to install this mod and.... well, it hasn't exactly gone what I'd call well. In fact, its gone so badly that now my board says "This board has no forums". Now, I'm not an expert on phpbb, but I'm guessing thats not good, is it?

Above that, at the top of the page, I've got some MySql errors too, which say:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 352: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 395: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 395: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3546: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
So I thought I'd try backstepping and put everything right again before having another go, but it seems I got that wrong too - I backed up all my files that would be affected by this mod, but not the database itself. And when I restored my older files, I still get the same MySql errors at the top of the page and the dreaded "No forums" message. Tried to think of what I could have done wrong, but to be honest, there were a huge list of instructions that I had to take a best guess at since they weren't right (well, not for my installation anyway). An example is: In the mod instructions I'm told to copy files from the 'ap' folder into the 'ap' folder on the server, but I didn't have an 'ap' folder, so I just copied the contents and the folder itself too. I've obviously put a file in the wrong place, or not uploaded one correctly, so can anyone spot the obvious error and tell me how to put it right please? I dunno, all the funs suddenly gone out of it :oops:

Mkadt

Post by Mkadt »

Keep getting this error any ideas?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/auth.php on line 407: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/auth.php on line 450: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/auth.php on line 450: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/auth.php on line 450: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()[code]

tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this mod, or any other mod that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”