[ABD] alphaPORTAL - Pending Admission to MODDB

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
SpongeFreak52

Re: [BETA] alphaPORTAL

Post by SpongeFreak52 »

Hey, um, I'm having a bit of trouble with the avatar on the LOGIN_LOGOUT Module. It shows on the topics and profiles, but it doesn't show in the UCP or on the module.

Any suggestions?

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

matgallis wrote:Okay, I figured it out but now I have another question.

I'm using wp-integration mod and I want both the sidebars, or just one of the side bars to show up on my blog.html page. i simply copied the coding from page_body.html into the blog.html page

BUT since i'm really new to coding, it seems I need to 'include" some variables on my blog.php page to get the links and what not to display correctly?

Here's a link to my problem http://www.beta.stock-tech.com/forum/blog.php

EDIT: Also I noticed search.php has similar problems... what to do :(

http://www.beta.stock-tech.com/forum/blog.php
Add this code somewhere near the top of blog.php...

Code: Select all

include($phpbb_root_path . 'portal/sidebars.' . $phpEx); 
And you also need to include the overall header instead of another one you made...
There are loads of problems with that page...none of them are my fault...but I can probably help you if you give me the code for the blog.php page...

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

SpongeFreak52 wrote:Hey, um, I'm having a bit of trouble with the avatar on the LOGIN_LOGOUT Module. It shows on the topics and profiles, but it doesn't show in the UCP or on the module.

Any suggestions?
UCP??? I haven't touched the UCP, and the portal files aren't included in the ucp.php anywhere...I'm not quite sure about that...

The avatar on the LOGIN_LOGOUT module is a known bug and I am going to try and fix it as soon as I get time.

matgallis

Post by matgallis »

<?php
/**
* WP-United Main Entry Page
* @package WP-United
* @version $Id: wp-united.php,v0.9.5[phpBB2]/v0.5.0[phpBB3] 2007/07/15 John Wells (Jhong) Exp $
* @copyright (c) 2006, 2007 wp-united.com
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

$PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL =
/*******************************************************************************
	W  P  --   U N I T E D
	ENTRY POINT TO YOUR INTEGRATED WORDPRESS INSTALL
	-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******* R  E  A  D      M  E  **********
	Simply move / rename this file wherever you want. For example, you might want to rename it to index.php, and put it in your site root.

If you want to put this in your WordPress folder, you will have to rename your existing index.php to index-old.php. This is OK, it won't affect normal operation.

Once moved, you MUST set the path to your phpBB root folder where indicated just below.

Then run the WP-United Setup Wizard

********************************************************************************/

//the path can be absolute or relative... i.e. '/home/www/phpBB2'   './phpBB2'   or  'phpBB2'   could all be correct.
//Set the path to phpBB  below, between the quotes:
''	// <--- set the path to your phpBB root here,  between the quotes

//If you change this, you MUST run the Setup Wizard again!

//STOP EDITING NOW -
;

include($phpbb_root_path . 'portal/sidebars.' . $phpEx);

//Do not edit any of the lines below:
// standard hack prevent
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
if (strlen($PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL)) {
	$PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL = ($PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL[strlen($PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL)-1] == "/" ) ? $PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL : $PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL . "/";
	@chdir ($PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL);
}

$phpbb_root_path = './';

$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);

if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx)) {
	include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

require_once($phpbb_root_path . 'wp-united/abstractify.' . $phpEx);

// Start session management
	if ( 'PHPBB2' == $wpuAbs->ver ) {
		$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_BLOG);
		init_userprefs($userdata);
	} else {
		$user->session_begin();
		$auth->acl($user->data);
		$user->setup('mods/wp-united');
	}

define('WPU_BLOG_PAGE', 1);

require_once($phpbb_root_path . 'wp-united/mod-settings.' . $phpEx);
	$wpSettings = get_integration_settings();

include ($phpbb_root_path . 'wp-united/wordpress-entry-point.php');
} else {
	//When this warning appears, we cannot find phpBB - hence we do not use the template engine or $lang array. 'Cos we can't, alright?
	echo "<html><head>
		<style type=\"text/css\">BODY {background-color: #cccccc; text-align: center; margin: 150px; font-weight: bold; color: navy; font-size: 16px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; border: 1px solid #000000;}
		</style></head><body>
		<p style=\"color: #ffffff; font-size: 22px; background-color: navy; padding: 5px; margin: 0px;\">Error!</p>
		<p style=\"background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px; padding: 20px;\">The path is incorrect.
		Please check the path to phpBB you provided and then run the WP-United Setup Wizard again.</p>
		</body></html>";
}

?>
this is the full code to the blog.php page.

The problem with the double headers is simply a style issue. Someone on here is working on a style fix for the wp-integration mod

SpongeFreak52

Post by SpongeFreak52 »

harmlessgoat22 wrote:UCP??? I haven't touched the UCP, and the portal files aren't included in the ucp.php anywhere...I'm not quite sure about that...

The avatar on the LOGIN_LOGOUT module is a known bug and I am going to try and fix it as soon as I get time.
Alright, thanks. Maybe it's just something about the uploading in the UCP. Thanks a bunch!

matgallis

Post by matgallis »

I have a quick question, if I wanted to include another forum section onto the portal page how would I go about doing this? I just want to include one extra forum section onto the portal page, with recent posts set to like 4 or something.

Could i do this by copying some of the code below the configuration area and changing the copied code to be defined in the configuration area? Meh i'll give it a shot and see what happens

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk »

Well i just installed on a test board and it installed ok apart from one bit...

I couldn't find the below code in root/styles/prosilver/template/search_body.html

<!-- IF S_HAS_POLL -->
So i Added It BEFORE

<div id="content_combined">
I think this worked but hopefully someone can correct this :?: I am using PhpBB3.0 RC3

There are a few things that need cleared up.
  1. When you are at the board index, you have the modules down each side, which is fine.
  2. Although when you click on section, you loose the modules on the right hand side.
    For example www.forum-uk.co.uk/testboard/
  3. Then when you click on a topic, you then loose both sides,
  4. Again, it's the same when you search for something on the board, both sides are lost.
  5. Also, when using advanced search, it's not right. Although this could be due to me entering the above code in the wrong place.
    For example www.forum-uk.co.uk/testboard
Can some please help me fix the above? As far as i know, everything else works correctly.

Thank you for this mod.

EDIT: Anyone tried it with RC4 yet?

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

Forum-UK.co.uk wrote:Well i just installed on a test board and it installed ok apart from one bit...

I couldn't find the below code in root/styles/prosilver/template/search_body.html

<!-- IF S_HAS_POLL -->
So i Added It BEFORE

<div id="content_combined">
I think this worked but hopefully someone can correct this :?: I am using PhpBB3.0 RC3

There are a few things that need cleared up.
  1. When you are at the board index, you have the modules down each side, which is fine.
  2. Although when you click on section, you loose the modules on the right hand side.
  3. Then when you click on a topic, you then loose both sides,
  4. Again, it's the same when you search for something on the board, both sides are lost.
  5. Also, when using advanced search, it's not right. Although this could be due to me entering the above code in the wrong place.
    For example www.forum-uk.co.uk/testboard
Can some please help me fix the above? As far as i know, everything else works correctly.

Thank you for this mod.

EDIT: Anyone tried it with RC4 yet?
Should work fine with RC4...I haven't changed much core code...and with the new version coming out, it'll be even less...

It is indended that it should lose it on the right side. It has a special sidebar for it (styles/prosilver/template/sidebar_combined.html). The reason for this is, the pages get too cluttered with multiple sidebars on all the pages.

If you really wish to add the double sidebars on those pages tho, all you have to do is this.
Instead of adding this code...

<div id="sidebar_left">
    <!-- INCLUDE sidebar_combined.html -->
</div>

<div id="content_combined"> 
add this code...

<div id="sidebar_left">
    <!-- INCLUDE sidebar_left.html -->
</div>

<div id="sidebar_right">
    <!-- INCLUDE sidebar_right.html -->
</div>

<div id="content_center"> 
ARGH!!! COULD PEOPLE PLEASE READ THE TOPIC BEFORE POSTING! I have been through the whole S_HAS_POLL thing before. However, instead of answering all the questions, how bout you just download the newest version...I forgot to put a link to it in this topic...

http://alphaportal.net/download.php?id=6

Guests have the ability to download files, so you should be able to get that...
If you can't, let me know...
Last edited by harmlessgoat22 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

matgallis wrote:

<?php
/**
* WP-United Main Entry Page
* @package WP-United
* @version $Id: wp-united.php,v0.9.5[phpBB2]/v0.5.0[phpBB3] 2007/07/15 John Wells (Jhong) Exp $
* @copyright (c) 2006, 2007 wp-united.com
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

$PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL =
/*******************************************************************************
	W  P  --   U N I T E D
	ENTRY POINT TO YOUR INTEGRATED WORDPRESS INSTALL
	-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******* R  E  A  D      M  E  **********
	Simply move / rename this file wherever you want. For example, you might want to rename it to index.php, and put it in your site root.

If you want to put this in your WordPress folder, you will have to rename your existing index.php to index-old.php. This is OK, it won't affect normal operation.

Once moved, you MUST set the path to your phpBB root folder where indicated just below.

Then run the WP-United Setup Wizard

********************************************************************************/

//the path can be absolute or relative... i.e. '/home/www/phpBB2'   './phpBB2'   or  'phpBB2'   could all be correct.
//Set the path to phpBB  below, between the quotes:
''	// <--- set the path to your phpBB root here,  between the quotes

//If you change this, you MUST run the Setup Wizard again!

//STOP EDITING NOW -
;

include($phpbb_root_path . 'portal/sidebars.' . $phpEx);

//Do not edit any of the lines below:
// standard hack prevent
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
if (strlen($PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL)) {
	$PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL = ($PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL[strlen($PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL)-1] == "/" ) ? $PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL : $PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL . "/";
	@chdir ($PATH_TO_PHPBB_INSTALL);
}

$phpbb_root_path = './';

$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);

if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx)) {
	include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

require_once($phpbb_root_path . 'wp-united/abstractify.' . $phpEx);

// Start session management
	if ( 'PHPBB2' == $wpuAbs->ver ) {
		$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_BLOG);
		init_userprefs($userdata);
	} else {
		$user->session_begin();
		$auth->acl($user->data);
		$user->setup('mods/wp-united');
	}

define('WPU_BLOG_PAGE', 1);

require_once($phpbb_root_path . 'wp-united/mod-settings.' . $phpEx);
	$wpSettings = get_integration_settings();

include ($phpbb_root_path . 'wp-united/wordpress-entry-point.php');
} else {
	//When this warning appears, we cannot find phpBB - hence we do not use the template engine or $lang array. 'Cos we can't, alright?
	echo "<html><head>
		<style type=\"text/css\">BODY {background-color: #cccccc; text-align: center; margin: 150px; font-weight: bold; color: navy; font-size: 16px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; border: 1px solid #000000;}
		</style></head><body>
		<p style=\"color: #ffffff; font-size: 22px; background-color: navy; padding: 5px; margin: 0px;\">Error!</p>
		<p style=\"background-color: #ffffff; margin: 0px; padding: 20px;\">The path is incorrect.
		Please check the path to phpBB you provided and then run the WP-United Setup Wizard again.</p>
		</body></html>";
}

?>
this is the full code to the blog.php page.

The problem with the double headers is simply a style issue. Someone on here is working on a style fix for the wp-integration mod
Send me a PM with that stuff in it so I don't forget about it...I might not remember it if there begins another page of replies...I'm very busy, you see, with other secret stuff, but I will try to help you as soon as I make time for it, which might be a little while, but I'll try and help you as soon as possible!!!

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

SpongeFreak52 wrote:
harmlessgoat22 wrote:UCP??? I haven't touched the UCP, and the portal files aren't included in the ucp.php anywhere...I'm not quite sure about that...

Alright, thanks. Maybe it's just something about the uploading in the UCP. Thanks a bunch!
Yeah, no problem!!!
matgallis wrote:I have a quick question, if I wanted to include another forum section onto the portal page how would I go about doing this? I just want to include one extra forum section onto the portal page, with recent posts set to like 4 or something.

Could i do this by copying some of the code below the configuration area and changing the copied code to be defined in the configuration area? Meh i'll give it a shot and see what happens
I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...could you clarify?

matgallis

Post by matgallis »

I copied the "news" configuration and changed it into "videos" and rearranged the coding to work like i would want

/ Videos --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//show Videos?
$CFG['videos'] = true;

// Number of videos on Portal
$CFG['number_of_videos'] = '2';

// Max length(0 means infinite) of news article.
//  Note:  If the post exceeds the length limit the BBCodes and Smileys will be removed.  Also, the length limit does not seem to accuratly count the chars, so you might need to set this higher
//                    than you think if you want it on.
$CFG['videos_length'] = '0';

// Show all the articles in this forum including stickies, announcements and global announcements?
$CFG['show_all_videos'] = true;

// video forum
$CFG['videos_forum'] ='6';

I also copied the fetch news configuration area and changed it to work with the video configuration (above)

//
// Fetch Posts for videos
//
// If the videos is on and the user is not trying to view an entire article
if( (!isset($_GET['videos'])) && ($CFG['videos'] == true) )
{
	// Get the wanted videos
	$fetch_videos = phpbb_fetch_posts($CFG['videos_forum'], $CFG['number_of_videos'], $CFG['videos_length'], 0, ($CFG['show_all_videos']) ? 'videos_all' : 'videos');

// Count the number of news articles now so we do not need to keep doing it
	$count = count($fetch_videos);

if ($count == 0)
	{
		$template->assign_block_vars('videos_row', array(
			'S_NO_TOPICS'	=> true,
			'S_NOT_LAST'	=> false
		));
	}
	else
	{
		for ($i = 0; $i < $count; $i++)
		{
	      	if( isset($fetch_videos[$i]['striped']) && $fetch_videos[$i]['striped'] == true )
	      	{
				$url = append_sid($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?article=' . $i);
				$read_full = '[ <a href="' . $url . '">' . $user->lang['READ_FULL'] . '</a> ]';
			}
			else
			{
	      	      $read_full = '';
			}

'ATTACH_ICON_IMG'	=> ($fetch_videos[$i]['attachment']) ? $user->img('icon_attach', $user->lang['TOTAL_ATTACHMENTS']) : '',
				'TITLE'				=> $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_title'],
				'POSTER'			=> $fetch_videos[$i]['username'],
				'TIME'				=> $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_time'],
				'TEXT'				=> $fetch_videos[$i]['post_text'],
				'REPLIES'			=> $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_replies'],
				'U_VIEW_COMMENTS'	=> append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'viewtopic.' . $phpEx . '?t=' . $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_id'] . '&f=' . $fetch_videos[$i]['forum_id']),
				'U_POST_COMMENT'	=> append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'posting.' . $phpEx . '?mode=reply&t=' . $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_id'] . '&f=' . $fetch_videos[$i]['forum_id']),
				'L_READ_FULL'		=> $read_full,
				'S_NOT_LAST'		=> ($i < count($fetch_videos) - 1) ? true : false,
				'S_POLL'			=> $fetch_videos[$i]['poll']
			));
		}
	}

$template->assign_vars(array(
		'S_DISPLAY_VIDEOS_LIST'	=> true
	));

}
else if ($CFG['videos'] == true) // If the user is trying to view an article and videos is on
{
	// Get the wanted videos
	$fetch_videos = phpbb_fetch_posts($CFG['videos_forum'], $CFG['number_of_videos'], 0, 0, ($CFG['show_all_videos']) ? 'videos_all' : 'video');

// The article number they want to view
	$i = intval($_GET['videos']);

if ($i > (count($fetch_videos) - 1)) // if someone is messing with the $_GET and it goes above what it can
	{
			'S_NO_TOPICS'	=> true,
			'S_NOT_LAST'	=> false
		));
	}
	else
	{
			'ATTACH_ICON_IMG'	=> ($fetch_videos[$i]['attachment']) ? $user->img('icon_attach', $user->lang['TOTAL_ATTACHMENTS']) : '',
			'TITLE'				=> $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_title'],
			'POSTER'			=> $fetch_videos[$i]['username'],
			'TIME'				=> $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_time'],
			'TEXT'				=> $fetch_videos[$i]['post_text'],
			'REPLIES'			=> $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_replies'],
			'U_VIEW_COMMENTS'	=> append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'viewtopic.' . $phpEx . '?t=' . $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_id']),
			'U_POST_COMMENT'	=> append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'posting.' . $phpEx . '?mode=reply&t=' . $fetch_videos[$i]['topic_id'] . '&f=' . $fetch_videos[$i]['forum_id']),
			'S_POLL'			=> $fetch_videos[$i]['poll']
		));
	}

$template->assign_vars(array(
		'S_DISPLAY_VIDEOS_LIST'	=> true
	));
}
//
// End fetch Posts for video
//
However, it's not fetching the posts I expected, nor is it creating the row for "videos" on the portal page

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

You need to do the template as well (styles/prosilver/template/portal_body.html)

That should work...

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

0.2.4 released!!!

playerfr

Post by playerfr »

Ok will just try it now :) Thanks ,

When is a RC release for ?
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

SpongeFreak52

Post by SpongeFreak52 »

How would I upgrade a previous version of this to 0.2.4? Did I miss certain instructions of something?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”