[ABD] alphaPORTAL - Pending Admission to MODDB

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
harmlessgoat22

Re: [BETA] alphaPORTAL

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

playerfr wrote:Ok will just try it now :) Thanks ,

When is a RC release for ?
Not sure, really...(read below)
SpongeFreak52 wrote:How would I upgrade a previous version of this to 0.2.4? Did I miss certain instructions of something?
No...I'm afraid, seeing as Beta 1 hasn't even been released, I'm not giving an update path just yet...
I will probably put out Beta 1 EXTREMELY soon (I have made several huge changes, tested, all fine) , and once Beta 1 is released, I will start logging all the changes in the Changelog forum at alphaPORTAL.net, and then compile them all for users to upgrade with.

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

BETA 1 RELEASED!!!

Beta 1 has finally been released! In this new package, there are many changes. Firstly, each Module gets it's own language file, if required. Next, the portal/sidebars.php has been included in functions.php, with the errors fixed. The combination of these two major changes has reduced the number of files to edit from 19 to 11, and the number of edits from 34 to 23.

Now that alphaPORTAL is Beta, I plan to keep a complete log of all changes made to the code, for easy updating. I will also compile them all into one MODX upgrade file once a new version is released.

playerfr

Post by playerfr »

harmlessgoat22 wrote:BETA 1 RELEASED!!!

Beta 1 has finally been released! In this new package, there are many changes. Firstly, each Module gets it's own language file, if required. Next, the portal/sidebars.php has been included in functions.php, with the errors fixed. The combination of these two major changes has reduced the number of files to edit from 19 to 11, and the number of edits from 34 to 23.

Now that alphaPORTAL is Beta, I plan to keep a complete log of all changes made to the code, for easy updating. I will also compile them all into one MODX upgrade file once a new version is released.
Thanks :) now that you decide to provide for next release update file I will definatly choose this portal :)
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

playerfr wrote:Thanks :) now that you decide to provide for next release update file I will definatly choose this portal :)

Remember to report any bugs you find to the Bugs forum at alphaPORTAL.net, or reply to this topic!

SpongeFreak52

Post by SpongeFreak52 »

Alright! Thanks a bunch, harmlessgoat!

Can't wait for the update step-by-step!

I assume overwriting the included files over the old ones would result in an error? Heh.

playerfr

Post by playerfr »

thanks harmlessgoat22 for this great portal :D
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

Well, sponge...you could do that, but there are some changes in the core phpBB (and un-changes) that you would have to deal with. However, I believe that you could do that between Beta's because I have almost all of the code in external files now.

I recommend just installing a fresh phpBB3 RC4, installing alphaPORTAL, copying the phpBB config file to the one, and uploading it. I would say you could just upload the files you editted, but many pages were editted in previous versions, but now are not.

SpongeFreak52

Post by SpongeFreak52 »

Hmm...alright, I may do that. But I've got many other modifications installed, so I may actually have to go back and "un-code" all of the files for the time being. =D

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

It was all nice but is it possible making the forum on a different page then the portal?
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

playerfr

Post by playerfr »

harmlessgoat22 i ll be home in an hour hope you had some time to look at my problem :mrgreen: ttyl :geek:

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

SpongeFreak52 wrote:Hmm...alright, I may do that. But I've got many other modifications installed, so I may actually have to go back and "un-code" all of the files for the time being. =D
Ahh...good plan...
EY wrote:It was all nice but is it possible making the forum on a different page then the portal?
What are you talking about? They are on seperate pages...the Portal is on portal.php, the Forum is on Index.php...
playerfr wrote:harmlessgoat22 i ll be home in an hour hope you had some time to look at my problem :mrgreen: ttyl :geek:
Haven't had any time...sorry...
I'm really busy, so I might not be able to...maybe ask about making it not fixed width in the forums here. I get many support requests, and I think I'm just going to have to turn down the ones that don't specifically relate to alphaPORTAL.

Like most people here, phpBB3 is not the focus of my life. It is meerly a side job I do in my spare time, therefore, I don't always have time for free support.

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Hi Harmless goat :D

I have installed your portal to our new phpbb3 forum and its working great, however we are having one small teething issue with it.

http://www.theparentingsanctuary.net/phpbb3/index.php

I don't know if you are able to see it depending on what resolution you have, but with 1280x800 in Internet Explorer we are having a display problem - the actual forums are appearing BELOW the right side menu instead of in between them :shock: I have stuffed around with forum width etc. but it doesnt seem to help, and when I remove the side menu code from index_body.tpl then it goes back to normal again.

It is not doing this for 1280x800 in Firefox, and not in either browser for 1024x768 (or lower i would assume) - only in IE for higher resolutions.

Please let me know if you would like a screenshot, if you are not able to see it yourself!

Would really appreciate your support as we will be launching our new forum live in the next 48 hours.

Cheers,

Nikki :)

tupeu

Post by tupeu »

This portal looks great, great job !
My vision - can it be made so that the left portal sidebar appears in all the forum pages?
I see it as a forum inside a site (portal)
10x

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

RedTrinity wrote:Hi Harmless goat :D

I have installed your portal to our new phpbb3 forum and its working great, however we are having one small teething issue with it.

http://www.theparentingsanctuary.net/phpbb3/index.php

I don't know if you are able to see it depending on what resolution you have, but with 1280x800 in Internet Explorer we are having a display problem - the actual forums are appearing BELOW the right side menu instead of in between them :shock: I have stuffed around with forum width etc. but it doesnt seem to help, and when I remove the side menu code from index_body.tpl then it goes back to normal again.

It is not doing this for 1280x800 in Firefox, and not in either browser for 1024x768 (or lower i would assume) - only in IE for higher resolutions.

Please let me know if you would like a screenshot, if you are not able to see it yourself!

Would really appreciate your support as we will be launching our new forum live in the next 48 hours.

Cheers,

Nikki :)
I have looked into this multiple times. The code is all correct...but unfortunately, IE sucks (sorry for being oppinionated) and I don't know how to fix this problem. I have tried before, but the solutions I've found make it look terrible in better browsers.

I will look into it again after 1.0.0
tupeu wrote:This portal looks great, great job !
My vision - can it be made so that the left portal sidebar appears in all the forum pages?
I see it as a forum inside a site (portal)
10x
Why do people insist on suggesting features already in alphaPORTAL? If you followed all the instructions, you would be aware that it already has it on those pages.

rcrboss

Post by rcrboss »

Hi,

On a fresh installed phpbb3 RC4 i get the following:

When clicking on MCP in left side bar i get this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_forum_select() (previously declared in /home/bestatho/public_html/bronze3/includes/functions_admin.php:105) in /home/bestatho/public_html/bronze3/includes/functions_admin.php on line 182

Any ideas?

Also this happen

Also Open/Close Forum List does not do anything with Javascript?

RCRBoss

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”