[ABD] Visitors Today (1.0.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
endomilik

Re: [RC2] Visitors Today (1.0.4)

Post by endomilik »

I cant find it on my admin ACP?

Where is the setting located in Admin ACP....

I installed it already but i cant find the settings on admin acp -.-
Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social »

the settings for visitors today are under "Board Settings" on the "General" tab.

stitch: are you sure you did the includes/acp/acp_board.php modification correctly? pm me the code from your acp_board.php file and I'll have a look.
Dr.Death

Post by Dr.Death »

Ahem.... the "de" language contains a mix from "dutch" and "english", but nothing in "german" :oops:
Doc.
Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social »

it was a partial conversion, if you have any experience in translation, by all means ;) I will update the main post with a download link & credit to you for translation. I personally, only know english, and a few phrases in latin.. but that doesn't count.
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

How come the usergroup color on Registered Visitors does not show up on the same as the portion the Legend except for the admin only?
WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy »

Congrats on a great mod Anti !! I like it more now that you can use the board tz correctly, except one thing. In the legend part "(This data based on users active during Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:00 am)", that is 3 hours ahead of my board tz. The mouse-over popup on user names are correct, but that part isn't.
Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social »

Could you be a bit more specific? are you talking about a non-standard usergroup, that has it's own group color set, and said user is a member of that group, is not being colored as per the group? currently I do believe that it only goes on user_colour field in the user database, which could be why, but in looking I do believe that user_colour is based on the color for a group that a user resides in (as default group I do believe). So, adding a user to any group with a set color and having that be their default group, SHOULD update the user_colour field in the user table for that specific user, thus making their name be appropriatley colored in the legend.

Wheelguy: what are your delete_threshold, boardtimezone, and user_timezone settings, and, if possible do you know what your servers timezone/time settings are? I'll see if I can figure out why it would be doing that.
WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy »

Anti.Social wrote:Wheelguy: what are your delete_threshold, boardtimezone, and user_timezone settings, and, if possible do you know what your servers timezone/time settings are? I'll see if I can figure out why it would be doing that.
delete_threshold: Since 12:00 AM today [86400]
boardtimezone and usertimezone: EST w/daylight savings [UTC -5]
server timezone: is UTC -8
terminatoronly

Post by terminatoronly »

Great Mod :D

Keep Up The Good Work :)
etonline

Post by etonline »

I love this mod!
It's the first mod I decide to put in to my site :D
Thanks for your great work!
WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy »

Last night is the first time I've had the opportunity to check, but the "reset/delete_threshold" is not working properly with the board timezone. Possibly related to the bug I posted above (few days ago). But I still like this mod!!
Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social »

My test server is in PST timezone (UTC -8) , and I have set my board timezone to EST (UTC -5) w/ daylight savings time, and am unable to re-create the time difference you posted about. Could you check that you have YOUR timezone set in your User Control Panel? It could differ from the board_timezone which might be causing the difference of 3 hours.

Since the $user->format_date() function is used to display the period that the data is from. But it is also used to display the last visit time of each user. So, I am thinking that since the script will compensate for $user->format_date applying the board_timezone difference, but doesn't take into account a user having a different timezone setting (really an undersight on my part as my dev server is in the same timezone as I am, so my user_timezone and board_timezone settings match). Long story short, try ensuring that your user timezone matches the board_timezone that is set and see if this solves the problem. If it does I will make changes in the code to resolve this bug a.s.a.p.

*edit* Alright, upon setting my user timezone to match the board_timezone @ UTC-5 I was able to re-create the bug, I will figure out why, fix it, and post an update. */edit*
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

WheelGuy wrote:Last night is the first time I've had the opportunity to check, but the "reset/delete_threshold" is not working properly with the board timezone. Possibly related to the bug I posted above (few days ago). But I still like this mod!!
I am having the same problem. List is not resetting at midnight board time. Today was the first night I stayed up to watch it and it appears that it is still going by server time.
Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social »

I am writing a whole new funciton to handle time calculation, it will all be UTC based, and give the option for applying board_timezone via the current option in the ACP. I will do my best to have this updated Tuesday the 17th sometime in the morning.
WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy »

Anti.Social wrote:I am writing a whole new funciton to handle time calculation, it will all be UTC based, and give the option for applying board_timezone via the current option in the ACP. I will do my best to have this updated Tuesday the 17th sometime in the morning.
Thanks... Have you figured out the delete/rest part? Or might that be due to the time calculation problem? Either way sounds good. I don't think anyone of my users have noticed ... lol

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”