[ABD] Visitors Today (1.0.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
notaloafer

Re: [RC1] Visitors Today

Post by notaloafer » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:32 pm

paul999 wrote:To fix the mysql that happens with mysql5 (For error see above) replace in includes/functions_visitors.php

Code: Select all

FROM 
                ' . USERS_TABLE . ' u,
                ' . VISITORS_TABLE . ' v 
with

FROM (
                ' . USERS_TABLE . ' u,
                ' . VISITORS_TABLE . ' v )
around line 76.
Thanks a bunch paul! For those of you who had the same problem I had (see previous post) this fixes it!

-Eric.

RATT

Post by RATT » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:21 pm

Great mod, works flawlessly. Keep up the good work.

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:24 am

I am having another problem besides the mod not counting the bots. The counter and list isn't refreshing at Midnight. Does this mod use server time? Is there a way to have the mod use the board time?

Again.,thanks for a wonderful mod. Everything else seems to be working great. Just these 2 things,

bikesandscooters

Post by bikesandscooters » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:13 am

Stitch625 wrote:
bikesandscooters wrote:Works fine for me, I would be checking to see if you installed the mod correctly.
my site looks like this wrote:In total there were 53 users online :: 19 registered users, 0 hidden users, 3 bots and 31 guests.
(This data based on users active during Saturday Jun 23rd 2007)
The most ever members to visit in one day was 53 on Saturday June 23rd, 2007
I know the mod is installed correctly. Everything else works just fine.
Are you 100% sure, just seems strange that others including me don't have a problem, I would do a fresh install of phpbb and then install this mod, maybe some other mods have removed some elements.
Just trying to help you, I have been in your position before and a fresh install fixed every thing, but you need to delete the tables in the database that relate to this mod first.
Cheers Steve
http://www.bikesandscooters.com.au Discussion for bikes and scooters in OZ!

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:30 am

I am 100% absolutely positive I have the mod installed correctly. It doesn't interfere with any other mod code either. There is no way I am going to do a fresh install after all the work I have put into this board. I have almost 700 members. I have installed over 50 mods on my bb2 board and never once have I ever had to do a fresh install to make a mod work.

I am confused. :cry:

[EDIT] I just realized that if I enable bots, then the counter will count the bots, but if the bots are disabled, the counter will always read 0. Why can't the counter still count the bots even if they are disabled. If the counter can't count the bots then the bot counter should be removed from the list.

I would like the counter to still count the bots even if I have the bots disabled. Is this very hard to do?

GulRanek

Post by GulRanek » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:51 am

If the bots are disabled, they don't visit your page and thus, they aren't counted...
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fit your plan, take me as I am

GulRanek

Post by GulRanek » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:01 am

Can this mod somehow list only the registered and hidden users that have visited the forum in a day, without counting bots and unregistered visitors?

Edit: Ooops, sorry for the double post.
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fit your plan, take me as I am

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:42 pm

I will compile a list of ideas, make the changes that seem logical, and then update the first post regarding this mod, the downloads/mirrors and all that great stuff.

And, as for the idea of having to re-install fresh because some other mod could potentially be "interfering" somewhere, This mod is so small & self contained, that I really doubt that could be the case, unless a mod was installed that changed the definition of user types, or something else critical to determining the type of user being processed at that point in the loop.

Chris El Dolfino

Post by Chris El Dolfino » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:43 pm

Got your mod installed works excellently but, where can I change the date format?
I installd it on a dutch-speaking forum so english dates are quiete stupid in a dutch design :)

Thanx for the work!

Chris El Dolfino

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:38 pm

Chris El Dolfino wrote:Got your mod installed works excellently but, where can I change the date format?
I installd it on a dutch-speaking forum so english dates are quiete stupid in a dutch design :)

Thanx for the work!

Chris El Dolfino

I will see about adding this to the config for the next update, but for now, try this

FIND

($user->lang['VISITORS_LASTVISIT_TITLE'], $user->format_date($row['last_visit'], "g:i:s a"))
REPLACE

"g:i:s a"
with desired date formatting from php manual under date function.

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:57 pm

GulRanek wrote:If the bots are disabled, they don't visit your page and thus, they aren't counted...
I was referring to the disableing the bots in the list for the mod. NOT the board. The bots do visit. I see them all day long but still, the counter in the last vist list still does not increment. Even though I do not want the bots to show in the list, I would think that the mod should still count them. If not, remove the "Bots Visited" if bots are disabled.

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:32 pm

Alright, I have an update and will post it tomorrow morning about 9am PST. I need to finish updating the install instructions and run it through a clean install test and then I will upload the new version to the main download and 2 mirrors.

spollin

Post by spollin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:49 pm

paul999 wrote:To fix the mysql that happens with mysql5 (For error see above) replace in includes/functions_visitors.php

FROM 
                ' . USERS_TABLE . ' u,
                ' . VISITORS_TABLE . ' v 
with

FROM (
                ' . USERS_TABLE . ' u,
                ' . VISITORS_TABLE . ' v )
around line 76.
that seems to have fixed my issues, thanks :)

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:26 pm

Alright, I have stomped out another update, give it a spin, let me know how it goes for you guys ;)

Check the changelog for the updates in this version. You can get it via the first post in this thread.

chadtm80

Post by chadtm80 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:52 pm

Do you physicaly have to go into the DB tables and manualy make changes?
http://www.bigmoeknow.com/forum/index.php

YOUR HOME FOR SPORTS INFOMATION & THE BEST COLLECTION OF 'CAPPERS ON THE NET

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”