[ABD] Visitors Today (1.0.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
yexusbeliever

Re: [RC1] Visitors Today

Post by yexusbeliever » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:37 am

Seems like your mod is very much similar to Who was here mod. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=545983

What makes yours different?

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:05 pm

Well, some of the features that were in the initial release of my mod, and the second release of my mod, wern't added to that mod until just recently. As well as at the time of the release of my mod which only ran at most 6 sql queries, the other mod was reported to run well above 30 sql queries, and after examining the code for it, I found it to be rather in-efficient and coded my own. Also, the next release of my mod will have more features then are currently listed on the the other mod.

That about sum it up for you? if not, and you understand php, I suggest you take a look at the function files included in both current release packages. I no doubt think that you will find a definate difference in coding style as well as method. And I also know you will find some inheirant similarities between the two because of their alike in nature.

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:27 pm

Thank you for differentiating. I dont know much about php. Yet at first I looked at the other mod and did wanted to use it. But as I kept on looking throughout, I begin to think that yours is more structured. So I was thinking, maybe I should use yours. Now I will probably use yours. :)

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:58 pm

Alright, I have a new version ready... a few new features... some for looks, others for ease of use.

I know 98% of it is working perfectly, but the one thing I dont have the opportunity to test very much is the handling of "hidden" users, as there aren't alot of them on my main website... while other sites could potentially have a rather substantial amount of hidden users. So, if you encounter any errors in hidden user processing/display then please give me as much information about it as you can!

That being said, I need to update the install instructions, ready the pre-modded files, and repackage the mod. Shortly there after it will be listed on the first post in this thread.

Thank you all for your patience, and praise about this mod, and your input/thoughts as well. I hope you all enjoy the upcomming version and find as little bugs as possible :mrgreen:

bikesandscooters

Post by bikesandscooters » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:24 pm

Will the new version run on board time instead of server time, mine causes me all sorts of problems, I have a site ready to go in the US which always shows 24 hours prior, but don't want to loose this function.
The problem is it only affects this line :(This data based on users active during Friday Jun 29th 2007):
Australian Board http://www.bikesandscooters.com.au/index.php
US Board (Test Site) http://www.bikesandscooter.com/forum/index.php

Great Mod. :D
Cheers Steve
http://www.bikesandscooters.com.au Discussion for bikes and scooters in OZ!

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:30 pm

Other things came up, and I didn't have time to package this mod today, so it will be ready Monday, but that leaves me the weekend to let it run @ my site to see how it performs.

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:21 am

Thanks for the heads up Anti. I am so excited for the new version. This mod kicks butt :mrgreen:

I really like it a lot. This mods works like The phpbb2 version of Last Visit by Niels.
I am curious though. Currently I am running your 1st version RC1. Will there be an update from RC1 to new version?

TIM3PORT

Post by TIM3PORT » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:28 am

Anti.Social wrote:
TIM3PORT wrote:I set it to one second more like you showed earlier but at midnight it flushed the table.

Code: Select all

(($config['visit_use_boardtimezone'] == true)) ? $today->time = time() + ($config['board_timezone'] * 3600) : $today->time = time();
if($config['visit_delete_threshold'] == 86400)
{
	// This will start fresh every night @ midnight according to $config['board_timezone']
	$today->stale_date = (convert_timestamp(date('d')) + ($config['board_timezone'] * 3600));
} else {
	// This will be current time minus the delete threshold relative to $config['board_timezone']
	$today->stale_date = $today->time - $config['visit_delete_threshold'];
	$extra_period_date = sprintf($user->lang['VISITORS_EXTRA_EXPLAIN'], $user->format_date($today->stale_date - ($config['board_timezone'] *3600), $config['visit_time_format_hma']), $user->format_date(time(), $config['visit_time_format_hma']));
}
says otherwise. note this is code from the newest version, but the same basic function is performed in ALL versions.
this is the code on the version I have using on my server currently

Code: Select all

if($config['visit_delete_threshold'] == 86400)
{
	// This will start fresh every night @ midnight
	$config['stale_date'] = convert_timestamp(date('d'));
} else {
	// This will be current time minus the delete threshold
	$config['stale_date'] = (time() - $config['visit_delete_threshold']);
}
maybe I'll just have to wait for the new version.

just in case you are wondering how I know it deletes at midnight.... right before midnight I have a list of 20+ people and right past midnight it has a list of just me

TIM3PORT

Post by TIM3PORT » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:54 am

I give up I switch back to what I had before LoL

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=545053

does exactly what it needs to do for me.

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:39 pm

TIM3PORT wrote:just in case you are wondering how I know it deletes at midnight.... right before midnight I have a list of 20+ people and right past midnight it has a list of just me

That is most likely because the people on the list have visited more then 24 hours ago, and when you load it @ midnight anybody who was there before midnight the night before will get dumped from the list... if you load it @ 3am, the list will contain people that visited since 3am the night before... it's simple math, and I can see no fault in the calculation or it's intended purpose. I suggest that you re-confirm your delete_threshold value is infact 86401 and not 86400.

For those still awaiting next release: I will be updating the install instructions, install_db file, update instructions, and packaging up said files, along with updated pre-modded files (for use by those who have not otherwise modified the files that need to be edited.) and posting them to the main download, & 2 mirrors as listed in the first topic.
I hope to have this complete around 12:00pm PST today. Thank you for your patience & I hope you enjoy the new features.

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:28 pm

I will be looking forward to it!

Will there be update from RC1 instructions?

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Hi,

Just wondering when the next release of this mod is going to be?

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:29 pm

I have it installed on my forums here. Works fine in RC2, had to do the MySQL 5 fix though, would be nice if it were included in the mod. Thanks for the work! :D

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:39 pm

DanoruX wrote:I have it installed on my forums here. Works fine in RC2, had to do the MySQL 5 fix though, would be nice if it were included in the mod. Thanks for the work! :D
There is supposed to be a new relase coming out that is supposed to succeed RC1 with new options and some enhancements and few minor bug fixes.. See Anti's post above. It was supposed to be released July 2nd. Hope everything is ok.

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Everything is ok, I had a minor head cold, and just couldn't bring myself to sit here to update the install instructions & script, as well as test deploy to ensure instructions were correct, and then there was the 4th of July, a big holiday in the USA, and I spent that with the family rather then in front of the computer.

I will do the afformentioned things and get it uploaded a.s.a.p. today. Sorry for the wait people.

And, the mysql5 fix was a standard part of the second version/1.0.1RC1, and is in the next version 1.0.3RC2 which will be uploaded today.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”