[ABD] Visitors Today (1.0.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Stitch625

Re: [RC1] Visitors Today

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:24 pm

No apploagies needed Anti. No need to be in front of the computer while you are sick and wouldn't expect you to update the mod on Independence Day. ;)

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:55 pm

Alright guys, there is a new version up, with an updated install database script. If you encounter any errors in the setup, or the actual mod let me know, give as much information as you can, this will aid in fixing the problem sooner.

I do not guarantee the update from previous db settings will work for some/all setups. If you encounter a problem with it, simply clear your config table of entries beginning with "visit_" and run the clean install option. The install file also attempts to clear your template cache for all installed templates that are set to active, if this doesn't appear to work, then you WILL need to clear cached templates manually via the ACP. (but it has worked every time I have tested it so it should work in all cases).

THIS VERSION OF THE MOD WAS DESIGNED AND TESTED ON RC2 v of phpBB3.0. I do not guarantee it will work correctly on phpBB3.0 RC1 or earlier (I do have it running on beta5 w/o problems, but still make no guarantees as this was designed on RC2).

Enjoy the mod, beat me about the ankles if there are errors, but above all, if you have a problem, make sure it's not already known, and fixed.... RTFM! and then if that doesn't solve your delima, either post in this thread, or PM me here and I will do my best to get it resolved in a timely matter. (public posting is encouraged as others might be having the same issue, and the community could come up w/ a fix before I get to it.)

-- Anti

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:10 am

Works great :D

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:44 am

Fantastic Mod! Anti, the update is awsome! I love all the features. I just a couple problems right now that I can see.

(This data based on users active during Wednesday July 4th)

Why is it saying July 4th when today is obviously July 5th?

Also One of the usernames is displaying the last visit time of 7/6/07 1:33am when it was today July 5th around 10:00pm when he visited but my username is displaying everything correctly.
Last edited by Stitch625 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:52 am

Stitch625 wrote:Fantastic Mod! Anti, the update is awsome! I love all the features. I just a couple problems right now that I can see.

(This data based on users active during Wednesday July 4th)

Why is it saying July 4th when today is obviously July 5th?

Also One of the usernames is displaying the last visit time of 7/6/07 1:33am when it was today July 5th around 10:00pm when he visited but my username is displaying everything correctly.

Suggestion: make the most ever users online in one day match the phpbb3 stats.
The most ever members to visit in one day was 34 on Friday June 22nd, 2007

MY ACTUALL COUNT IS 51 ON APRIL 30TH 2007, 8:28PM
It'll exceed the "currently online" number once you get more people to visit in a day...

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:11 pm

I'm not sure, but I think the problem you were having with the days, could stem from actually using board_timezone. try disabling it and see if it displays the correct period. If so, I'll look into it further. I do not use this option on my test/development server because it is located in the same timezone as I am, there by, if I do it would put it another 8 hours behind the real time it should be displaying for me.

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:42 am

Ok, I disabled the board time and now the correct time is being displayed but now the list wont be dumped at midnight board time because now it is going by server time wich is 3 hours difference.

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:12 pm

I'll have to do some reading, and some testing... but I think I know about where the problem is.

bikesandscooters

Post by bikesandscooters » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:49 pm

Think this has been asked before and I thought it may be included in the new version.
The date format here:

Visitors Today
In total there were 4 users online :: 2 registered users, 0 hidden users, 1 bot, and 1 guest
(This data based on users active during Today)
The most ever members to visit in one day was 4 on Saturday July 07th, 2007

Can I change the date format to be the same as my board
3rd July, 2007, 8:39 pm

Also have you thought about writing an install from RC1 to RC2, I worked out the changes, but you could get it wrong very easy.
Cheers Steve
http://www.bikesandscooters.com.au Discussion for bikes and scooters in OZ!

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:23 pm

there will be an update_1.0.1rc1_1.0.3rc2.xml and possibly an update_1.0.2rc1_1.0.3rc2.xml file included in the package soon. But for those people wishing to update, I suggest simply using the pre-modded files, so long as you haven't otherwise modified those files with another mod, and then running the install_visit_db.php file and seleting the update method suited to your needs.

FYI: The latest version (1.0.3RC2) was built using phpBB3.0 RC2 and has NOT been tested on any earlier versions, so there I make no guarantee.

IronDogg

Post by IronDogg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Anti.Social wrote:FYI: The latest version (1.0.3RC2) was built using phpBB3.0 RC2 and has NOT been tested on any earlier versions, so there I make no guarantee.
How about phpBB3 RC3? Forsee any issues with RC3 and your 1.0.3, or would it be fairly okay to do a fresh mod install of 1.0.3 on phpBB3RC3?

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:46 pm

Wow! I hadn't even noticed they pumped out an RC3 already... I will update my demo board and see how things go with this mod, but I dont think there should be any problems with it ;)

I'm also working on a new update.. this one is fixing, and correctly handling users permissions to view users who are marked as hidden, as the previous method was sort of fudged and only allowed board founders to view. The new method will allow moderators & administrators via the $auth->acl_gets('a_', 'm_') return value.
As well as fixing an error in period calculation when using board_timezone, even though the purge time/date was being correctly calculated. Sorry, small oversight on my part there.

The database structure, and config table additions will remain the same from current version to next release, and the only changes so far have been in the functions_visitors.php file, making an udpate from 1.0.3 RC2 to 1.0.4 RC2 VERY simple. I will also do my best to attempt to get update instructions from previous version to current included in the package, but I dont always have the time I'd like to sit down and sort through the differences and write the instructions being the stay @ home father of 3 young children who are currently not in school (thank you summer vacation, lmao). So, on that note, if someone has the spare time, and nothing better to do, feel free to do this for me, you WILL get credit. Also, if anybody has language files for this mod other then english send them to me and I will include them in the next updated package.

I really think this mod is comming together quite nicely and should most definatley be ready for release when phpBB3.0 is final. I just wanted to thank all of you who have helped during it's development for your bug reports, suggestions, and encouragement. Without you this wouldn't be all that spectacular of a mod, nor would it be this far along on a completion scale. At this point I can definatley say that I am proud of it and cant wait to get on to a few of the other ideas that I have cooking. (this does not mean this is the end of it's development cycle though).

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:39 pm

Anti,

The new version is working great on RC3 other than the minor bug about the board timezone I had mentioned above. I just updated my board last night.

Great Job on this mod! Looking forward to the bug fixes in next release. :)

Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:21 pm

Alright boys & girls, a new version is out. I have updated the download links & mirrors, screenshots, and a bit of the post body it's self. Also, there are update instructions from 1.0.3 RC2 -> 1.0.4 RC2. You WILL NOT need to run the database installer/updater for this, as there were no changes from the previous version to 1.0.4 RC2. Anybody installing from scratch, will need to run the installer.

I have added a few things, as well as updated the pre-modded files, and install instructions.

Let me know if you run into any problems, and as always, give me as much information as available to you about said problem.

If you have modified the language files to suite your language, and would like to make them available to the public, let me know and I will get listed on the main page with download links, and your name.

Stitch625

Re: [RC2] Visitors Today (1.0.4)

Post by Stitch625 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:34 am

Thanks for the updated mod Anti, So far things seem to be working good on my RC3 board. I won't know till this weekend if the list gets dumped at midnight Board time since I have to go to bed early during the week for work but It is displaying the correct time now. I see only one minor detail and that is in the Board settings. Seems that the "warning Duration" setting is now listed under the Last Visited settings.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”