[ABD] PhpBB Webmail

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Liquix

Re: [DEV] PhpBB Webmail

Post by Liquix »

How will security work? Will admins get access to all the passwords? It's no use in an email system that stores all the passwords as raw data in the DB.
HabboPalace

My Mods(For PhpBB3):

Hide Bots, My VIP Code
Veron

Post by Veron »

Maybe feature like:
- it would be created one group which has privilage to create an email adress with my domain and ose that email true phpbb smtp in pop?
Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

Veron wrote:Maybe feature like:
- it would be created one group which has privilage to create an email adress with my domain and ose that email true phpbb smtp in pop?
nice idea
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

One more reason that will push me to go to Phpbb3 :D
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com
hsiehstanley83

Post by hsiehstanley83 »

One more thing I would like to ask.
Do you want the users to have the same passwords as the phpbb user database or a new one?
How will security work? Will admins get access to all the passwords? It's no use in an email system that stores all the passwords as raw data in the DB.
The admin will be able to change settings of each user independantly.
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

I don't know if the user should use the same password or not. On the one hand, with phpBB3 you can force the use of a stronger password, but if someone somehow breaks the password to the forums, they have the email password as well.

Generally speaking you should have a different pass for email, but in this case it may not matter.
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

Will this also allow to directly create email accounts ? or I still have to go to my host cpanel to do so ?
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com
hsiehstanley83

Post by hsiehstanley83 »

playerfr wrote:Will this also allow to directly create email accounts ? or I still have to go to my host cpanel to do so ?
No, you need to go to your host cpanel to create email accounts, then tell phpbb about your pop3 information.
Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

any updates about this?
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

hsiehstanley83 wrote:
playerfr wrote:Will this also allow to directly create email accounts ? or I still have to go to my host cpanel to do so ?
No, you need to go to your host cpanel to create email accounts, then tell phpbb about your pop3 information.
Will they be able to change there password ? as if I have to create through cpanel then I have to put a Password.
hsiehstanley83

Post by hsiehstanley83 »

playerfr wrote:
hsiehstanley83 wrote:
Will they be able to change there password ? as if I have to create through cpanel then I have to put a Password.
Sure they can.

Ok, here I would like to ask what most of you thikn about.
For most share host, you do not have a root permission, which means the admin have to add/delete user accounts throught their control panel.
So, it seems like the admin have to add their emails for the users by hand.

If your host uses cpanel, then I can create a script that will automaticly create emails for users,
But for other control panels, I will have to take a look.

Thanks.
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

If a new member registers, will this create an email@mydomain.com address?
hsiehstanley83

Post by hsiehstanley83 »

Depands whether you are on a share host, and how your website control panel works. ;)
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

hsiehstanley83 wrote:Depands whether you are on a share host, and how your website control panel works. ;)
I have CPanel and unlimited email addresses.
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

hsiehstanley83 wrote:
playerfr wrote:
hsiehstanley83 wrote:
Sure they can.

Ok, here I would like to ask what most of you thikn about.
For most share host, you do not have a root permission, which means the admin have to add/delete user accounts throught their control panel.
So, it seems like the admin have to add their emails for the users by hand.

If your host uses cpanel, then I can create a script that will automaticly create emails for users,
But for other control panels, I will have to take a look.

Thanks.
I have cpanel too :) so it will be nice to create a script so that it avoid doing thing by amdin. But however the email must be validated by admin. I dont want anyone to come and creates emails. Or a option that if a user in a Group he can create email that can be nice idea.

I cant wait to see all this working on my board :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”