[ABD] PhpBB Webmail

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
candysmall

Re: [DEV] PhpBB Webmail

Post by candysmall »

playerfr wrote:
hsiehstanley83 wrote:
playerfr wrote:
hsiehstanley83 wrote:
playerfr wrote:Will this also allow to directly create email accounts ? or I still have to go to my host cpanel to do so ?
No, you need to go to your host cpanel to create email accounts, then tell phpbb about your pop3 information.
Will they be able to change there password ? as if I have to create through cpanel then I have to put a Password.
Sure they can.

Ok, here I would like to ask what most of you thikn about.
For most share host, you do not have a root permission, which means the admin have to add/delete user accounts throught their control panel.
So, it seems like the admin have to add their emails for the users by hand.

If your host uses cpanel, then I can create a script that will automaticly create emails for users,
But for other control panels, I will have to take a look.

Thanks.
I have cpanel too :) so it will be nice to create a script so that it avoid doing thing by amdin. But however the email must be validated by admin. I dont want anyone to come and creates emails. Or a option that if a user in a Group he can create email that can be nice idea.

I cant wait to see all this working on my board :D
The other problem would be changing their Username. Will the address also change? I would like this feature SO, SO much!
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

so any news on this ?
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com
hsiehstanley83

Post by hsiehstanley83 »

Now working on mail recieving and sending feature ;)
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

Any estimate? I'm so excited about this feature!
Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator »

I too am really excited about this. :)
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

goldsboc

Post by goldsboc »

THAT WILL BE WONDErFUL! Maybe we will be able to go with Version 3 in our production instead of 2. We have not been able to even think about using V3 because of the NEED to to have ability to send/receive to the forums.

Any idea how long it'll take?

Thanks for your work!
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

yes cant wait to see it :) hope we will have an alpha version soon ;)
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com
hsiehstanley83

Post by hsiehstanley83 »

I'm still thinking if I should start integrate the code I wrote recently with phpbb3 or not.
Within 4 month, phpbb3 went from RC1 to RC4.
So, I still think I should wait for the gold release before I release this mod...

Sorry for the inconvinience.... :(

*EDIT: I know this might disappoint alot of you, but here, is something that will disoppoint most of you even more. I'm only going to work on adding email adress, or email address managing if you are using cpanel. I appoligize again.
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

hsiehstanley83 wrote:I'm still thinking if I should start integrate the code I wrote recently with phpbb3 or not.
Within 4 month, phpbb3 went from RC1 to RC4.
So, I still think I should wait for the gold release before I release this mod...

Sorry for the inconvinience.... :(

*EDIT: I know this might disappoint alot of you, but here, is something that will disoppoint most of you even more. I'm only going to work on adding email adress, or email address managing if you are using cpanel. I appoligize again.

I don think there will be a drastic changes in core code, we are on RC 4 and they want this to be the final RC before Gold. Gold will be mainlay with bug fixes foudn in RC4. I dont think that it can effect a lot the mods. Even between RC1 and RC4 , majority of mods if nto to say all, works some need jsut a littl tweak to be compatible. So it is not a waste of time writing a Mod for RC4 ;) IMHO
hsiehstanley83

Post by hsiehstanley83 »

Still working on it ;)
Got a lot of test(homework) recently,
which delayed my progress....

sorry.
apeee

Post by apeee »

phpbb gold is out now, so when do we expect your mod will be released?
Draygon

Post by Draygon »

Wow... three months and no word... I was really looking forward to this one too... :cry:
carloslfigueroa

Post by carloslfigueroa »

i wait this mod
dwright2104

Post by dwright2104 »

i am very interested in this MOD as i am currently going to integrate a simple php webmail client into my phpbb forum. if you need any help developing testing ect i am glad to help

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”