[ABD]RSS Feed Poster

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
leguman

Re: [DEV]RSS Feed Poster

Post by leguman »

does it use allow_url_fopen ?
This function is not enabled on my webhost so I guess I will not be the only one complaining.
Is there a way to use wget or something else instead ? Sorry I don't know anything about php.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

That's too bad. This would be a really great MOD. I know a lot of people would be excited for it's continued Dev. But, I understand that real life kicks in and kicks in hard. :)
Shop smart, shop S-mart.
Fernix

Post by Fernix »

Im really disapointed, I really need this mod, so if anyone has spare time and can contribute helping to finish it, or make a new one, I'll be very pleased.

Bye
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Yeah I'd love it as well but such is life! :)
Shop smart, shop S-mart.
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

I know what you guys mean, every single time I get a new RSS feed I wish that I had this finished, but I'm just too busy and I'm having a hard time figuring everything out for creating a phpBB mod.

If anybody has time and wants to help out or take over (your choice, I can still devote some time to this, just not much at all) let me know.
barrycarlyon
Name: Barry Carlyon

Post by barrycarlyon »

shotgun
Barry Carlyon
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

I would be able to continue learning the phpBB CP portions, so if someone would like to help me we could split the project into two parts.

I'll make the back end, the control panel, saving and modifying the DB, if someone else could help me make the rss side of this. Making it read from a link in the DB, import the information, format, and finally post it in a new topic under a specified user id.

Anybody want to do that?
IHMUN

Post by IHMUN »

Yea, Id really like to see this mod finished. For the RSS side, why not take apart a few previous RSS mods. There are some for phpBB2, and also some for IPB if Im not mistaken. Those would make decent sources for information.
Kojote1980

Post by Kojote1980 »

i would honestly donate 10us$ via paypal once the project is released for the public and in useable form! if you have a paypal adress please let me know and keep up the nice work!!!
fofr

Post by fofr »

I shall also make a donation to the cause.
Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

The FIND mod by Netclectic -- and currently maintained by Handyman -- is a great place to start. Handyman has recently produced a new version that is amazing for phpBB2. You can contact him and follow his dev progress at his forums.

My guess is that the mod itself would need little rewriting, other than switching over from Netclectic's insert_post function (that powers the mod) to the new submit post() that powers phpBB3's posting system.
It seems to me that most of the parsing code wouldn't need to be touched. Also, the ACP side would need to be updated.

I hope this helps in some way.
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :
bsmtsavings

Post by bsmtsavings »

This would nake an awesome mod, and is one of the things that separates vbulletin and ipb from phpbb. Are there any other mods out there like this?
pzn

Post by pzn »

I'm really looking forward to this mod, I hope you're still working on it!
bsmtsavings

Post by bsmtsavings »

MasterZ wrote:man.. progress *was* coming along good, but life kicked in...

I have been trying to learn a new programming language in hopes of getting a new job (learning C#) and on top of that my wife got me hooked on World of Warcraft. I do want to finish this project, but since I have little experience with phpBB modding, I have no idea when I will be able to get to it.

I'm sorry guys, I know this is a high priority for a lot of you, but I have too many projects to do before this one. And a new job comes first.
Doesn't look good from what I see....
notsa

Post by notsa »

aww :( :( i hope you can continue soon mate :cry:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”