[ABD] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Neon_
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:50 am

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by Neon_ »

The "LINE NUMBER ON/OFF" link doesn't seem to be doing anything on my board. Any ideas?
Image
DarrenSW
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by DarrenSW »

Probably, you haven't installed it properly or there is some cache issue.

Do you have a link for me?
Neon_
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:50 am

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by Neon_ »

< link removed >

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Neon_ on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
DarrenSW
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by DarrenSW »

You didn't edit forum_fn.js file properly. Do you have an editor that is capable of showing line numbers?

If you do, open forum_fn.js file:
Mark everything from (including) line 253 to (including) line 330. Cut it out and place after the last brace (last line in forum_fn.js)
Neon_
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:50 am

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by Neon_ »

woops :oops: damned brackets...

Anyway, thanks a lot. It works great now.
Image
cillinz
Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:29 am

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by cillinz »

DarrenSW wrote:Yes, a new release will be out this week.
I can't stand waiting for it ;) :ugeek:
stotis.net <- Lithuanian the best.
User avatar
mBack
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 11:14 pm
Location: Germany, NRW, Oberhausen
Contact:

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by mBack »

DarrenSW, I like what progress thid mod makes and I am going to discontinue my phpBB mod. Your one is much better.

I have started a TYPO3 GeSHi Extension with an Auto-Syntax-Updater that gets the syntaxes from my webserver and checks for updates. If you are interested in using that repository, too and want to do a "backend" part of this mod, you can contact me per PM. Would be nice if the 2 projects (for different things) use the same repository.

Edit: Here is a quick video that shows my repository backend in TYPO3:
http://www.screencast.com/t/PX5VeGF2II

Best regards
mBack
Neon_
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:50 am

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by Neon_ »

Any status updates?
Image
DarrenSW
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by DarrenSW »

New version (0.7.5) is out now, see first post in this topic for more info.
d4rk^
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:15 pm

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by d4rk^ »

DarrenSW wrote:New version (0.7.5) is out now, see first post in this topic for more info.
Thanks!


It's just a detail but the changelog here on the forum, and the one in the install.txt file differs a little:

On the forum:
DarrenSW wrote: MOD History:
  • 0.7.5
    • Expand/Contract codebox function added
    • A bunch of bug fixes
In the install.txt file:
MOD History:
2007-07-29 - Version 0.7.5
- Expand/Contract codebox function added
- Couple of bug fixes
You could have mentioned the bigger bug fixes though. ;)


Maybe you could include a patch file with instructions on how to update the MOD from version 0.5.2 to 0.7.5?
I'm not sure, but maybe you want people to update the MOD like this:
0.5.2 -> 0.7.0 -> 0.7.5
instead of:
0.5.2 -> 0.7.5
I've seen a lot of MODs having .txt files for different version updates, for example something like Update_from_1.0.0_to_1.0.1.txt and Update_from_1.0.0_to_1.2.5.txt.
Just a suggestion though. :)


You didn't place the files in a root directory. ;)


And what's that new .php.php.swp file in the geshi directory?


In the Update_from_0.7.0.txt there's
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------------
#
languages/en/common.php
It should be language, without the s.


In install.txt:
Be sure to purge the cache from the admin area and clear the cache of your browser to.
too, double o.


Mmm... I'm not sure but something's wrong with this new version...

The noticeable thing is the line styling disappearing after clicking Line number On/Off.
The other thing is some problem with the css, but I'm still not sure... I think I'll just completely reinstall phpBB and see if it still occurs.


Oh, and the most important. Did you test the MOD on RC 4 or on RC 3 version of phpBB 3? Maybe there were some changes which influence the MOD?
DarrenSW
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by DarrenSW »

Almost all of bug fixes has to do with IE and to name those would keep me busy for a long time. ;)

Files will not be placed in root directory before final version is out. I still need to reed more about modx format and that's the last thing I will do. Development first, the rest later you know. :)
d4rk^ wrote:And what's that new .php.php.swp file in the geshi directory?
Didn't I removed it? It's some sort of swap file that was redistributed with core GeSHi 1.0.7.20.

0.7.5 was tested on clean RC4 and it's working as it should. Older post that was using previous versions needs to be reposted as line styling was not used as it is now and that's why yours line styling are disappearing.

What do you mean when you say problem with CSS?
d4rk^
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:15 pm

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by d4rk^ »

DarrenSW wrote:Almost all of bug fixes has to do with IE and to name those would keep me busy for a long time. ;)

What do you mean when you say problem with CSS?
Nah, never mind. I've reinstalled phpBB 3 RC4 and everything seems to be in order now.

DarrenSW wrote: Files will not be placed in root directory before final version is out. I still need to reed more about modx format and that's the last thing I will do. Development first, the rest later you know. :)
Well... OK.

DarrenSW wrote:
d4rk^ wrote:And what's that new .php.php.swp file in the geshi directory?
Didn't I removed it? It's some sort of swap file that was redistributed with core GeSHi 1.0.7.20.
Nope, you didn't.


And what's that empty css-gen.cfg file for? :P I'm guessing it's needed, since it's in the original GeSHi package as well.


It seems that the demo board got updated and has the same problem with the line styling as I had. I'm guessing the problem is within the new MOD update instructions.

DarrenSW wrote: 0.7.5 was tested on clean RC4 and it's working as it should. Older post that was using previous versions needs to be reposted as line styling was not used as it is now and that's why yours line styling are disappearing.
OK, but as I said, the problem wasn't in the reposting. I've reposted some posts, and the problem was still there. The issue disappeared after installing a fresh phpBB RC 4 + bbGeSHi.



I think you misunderstood my request for Expanding/Contracting the code box. What you did, is a Hide feature, not Expand/Contract one. But that's good, I had such feature in mind too. :P
Anyway, when I said Expanding/Contracting feature, I meant something like this or this. Now you know what I was talking about? :)
DarrenSW
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by DarrenSW »

In the core GeSHi distribution there is a contrib directory that contains a couple of php-files. One of those is cssgen.php that uses css-gen.cfg file when creating css-classes for language-files.
d4rk^ wrote:OK, but as I said, the problem wasn't in the reposting. I've reposted some posts, and the problem was still there. The issue disappeared after installing a fresh phpBB RC 4 + bbGeSHi.
Did you change something inside code-tags when you reposted message? As you maybe know, code blocks aren't reparsing if they are unchanged.

Posts on demo board aren't reposted since line styling is the old one using style-attribute. The new styling is using class-attribute instead.
d4rk^ wrote:I think you misunderstood my request for Expanding/Contracting the code box. What you did, is a Hide feature, not Expand/Contract one. But that's good, I had such feature in mind too. :P
Anyway, when I said Expanding/Contracting feature, I meant something like this or this. Now you know what I was talking about? :)
Ahhh I see, will fix that for next version.
d4rk^
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:15 pm

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by d4rk^ »

DarrenSW wrote:In the core GeSHi distribution there is a contrib directory that contains a couple of php-files. One of those is cssgen.php that uses css-gen.cfg file when creating css-classes for language-files.
So... it's needed I assume? :P

DarrenSW wrote:
d4rk^ wrote:OK, but as I said, the problem wasn't in the reposting. I've reposted some posts, and the problem was still there. The issue disappeared after installing a fresh phpBB RC 4 + bbGeSHi.
Did you change something inside code-tags when you reposted message? As you maybe know, code blocks aren't reparsing if they are unchanged.
Err... no, I don't think so... To be honest, I can't remember... The important thing is, that it's working on a fresh phpBB. :) The MOD is still in development so no one would use it on a live board anyway. What matters, is that there are no bugs in the current MOD version.
But as I mentioned in my previous post, the demo board is still bugged...

DarrenSW wrote: Posts on demo board aren't reposted since line styling is the old one using style-attribute. The new styling is using class-attribute instead.
So you're saying that to fix that, you just need to repost the posts or just create new ones? If so, then register yourself on the demo board, compose a post in any section, press preview and see for yourself. :)
Maybe it is a problem with the updating after all? If so, I might re-check it by installing an older version of the MOD and then updating it according to the instructions.

DarrenSW wrote:
d4rk^ wrote:I think you misunderstood my request for Expanding/Contracting the code box. What you did, is a Hide feature, not Expand/Contract one. But that's good, I had such feature in mind too. :P
Anyway, when I said Expanding/Contracting feature, I meant something like this or this. Now you know what I was talking about? :)
Ahhh I see, will fix that for next version.
No! Leave, but rename the current Expand/Contract to Hide. And add the real Expanding/Contracting feature.
DarrenSW
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: [DEV] bbGeSHi - a better syntax highlighter

Post by DarrenSW »

Css-gen.cfg isn't needed in current version of bbGeSHi but I have plans for it.
d4rk^ wrote:So you're saying that to fix that, you just need to repost the posts or just create new ones?...
Hmm, I tested update procedure on clean RC4 and it was working. Will read trough update-instruction and see if I forgot something there.
d4rk^ wrote:No! Leave, but rename the current Expand/Contract to Hide. And add the real Expanding/Contracting feature.
I was thinking to fix it that way. ;)
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”