[ABD] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Elias
Name: Elias

Re: [RC3] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Post by Elias »

When a user creates a clan does the admin receive an e-mail about it?
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

Benely

Re: [RC3] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Post by Benely »

Nope he doesn't. :)

Lawliet

Re: [RC] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Post by Lawliet »

i found it to be an extremely complex mod.
does anyone know of JUST the tourney mod? without the ladders, tickets etc?

i mean this one's brackets are great, it's all easy, but you can sign up with one user multiple times to a tourney, by having multiple teams, the whole thing sits on the ladders too, which i guess i had big problems implementing

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

Rivals is not designed to be just a tournament mod, sorry.

Big Announcement
Right now in Rivals, you cant be a user and challenge other users in a ladder or tournament, etc, etc. I believe I have found a way to modify the clan_class.php file to make users pseudo-clans.

Basically, I'll add a field to the clans_table called is_user. If set to 1, the clan_owner value for that clan will link to the user's ID in the users_table. So, when the clan class goes to get the "clans" data it will see it is actually a user, it will set the clan_name to the user's name, and use the clan's data (score, etc) from the clans_table and merge the data.

This way, I hardly got to modify anything in the core to get this to work. What I will do is, under "Your Other Clans" in the main UCP page for Rivals, I will add "User Clan" which will allow them to "login" to their pseudo-clan. Of course, some modules like Edit Clan, Find a Clan, etc will be disabled when your in user mode.

In the ACP you will have an option to create a ladder as a user accessible ladder. Only users can join the ladder, and only users can challenge other users.

So there we go, I have figure out a way to do the most wanted feature in Rivals for a long time IMO. Rivals will not be limited to clans anymore, users can join ladders, challenge other users, see rankings on the ladders, be in tournaments, etc, etc.

Of course, my laptop is still not fixed yet so I cant work on this till maybe another week depending on how well Dell erm I mean Hell, is going to be about fixing it fast enough... for the 3rd time now... ugh.

Anyways,
Thanks.

embrance

Post by embrance »

hey guys,

i got a question to this wonderful looking mod rivals.

i installed it to my carboncopy style and it shows up in overall_header (Ladders, Create a Clan, Tournaments), but there is no configuration available?!

in my admin acp there is an entry under "System\Modules Configuration", but it wont show up anywhere., even in the users preferences.

can anybody help me make it visible?

my forum is www.tekken-dojo.de

thanks in advance..

marcel

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

Did you run the automated installer.... install_rivals/install.php?

embrance

Post by embrance »

yes i did, but there was an error... don't know what it told me any more.

when i was trying to do it again its telling me this:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'phpbb_rivals_challenges' already exists [1050]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb_rivals_challenges ( challenge_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, challenger mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, challengee mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, challenge_posttime int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, challenge_details text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (challenge_id) ) CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: install_rivals/functions_install.php
LINE: 274
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: install_rivals/install.php
LINE: 37
CALL: load_schema()

naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

A.I. BOT wrote:Rivals is not designed to be just a tournament mod, sorry.

Big Announcement
Right now in Rivals, you cant be a user and challenge other users in a ladder or tournament, etc, etc. I believe I have found a way to modify the clan_class.php file to make users pseudo-clans.

Basically, I'll add a field to the clans_table called is_user. If set to 1, the clan_owner value for that clan will link to the user's ID in the users_table. So, when the clan class goes to get the "clans" data it will see it is actually a user, it will set the clan_name to the user's name, and use the clan's data (score, etc) from the clans_table and merge the data.

This way, I hardly got to modify anything in the core to get this to work. What I will do is, under "Your Other Clans" in the main UCP page for Rivals, I will add "User Clan" which will allow them to "login" to their pseudo-clan. Of course, some modules like Edit Clan, Find a Clan, etc will be disabled when your in user mode.

In the ACP you will have an option to create a ladder as a user accessible ladder. Only users can join the ladder, and only users can challenge other users.

So there we go, I have figure out a way to do the most wanted feature in Rivals for a long time IMO. Rivals will not be limited to clans anymore, users can join ladders, challenge other users, see rankings on the ladders, be in tournaments, etc, etc.

Of course, my laptop is still not fixed yet so I cant work on this till maybe another week depending on how well Dell erm I mean Hell, is going to be about fixing it fast enough... for the 3rd time now... ugh.

Anyways,
Thanks.
That is great news :D Will donate once its over and working fine

Thanks
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )

Selimbasak

Post by Selimbasak »

I've installed this mod but I can't see where to add clans or go to the rivals page
(my template is not prosilver or subsilver2)

Hinzy

Post by Hinzy »

Hi,

I have installed rivals (great mod), is there anyway to get it to work with the acidtech style?

Thanks Hinzy

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

I'm not supporting any other styles... your gonna have to figure out how to get the links to work in your overall_header files and such.

Thanks.

Benely

Post by Benely »

Hinzy wrote:Hi,

I have installed rivals (great mod), is there anyway to get it to work with the acidtech style?

Thanks Hinzy
If im right I think acidtech is a subsivler style, so jsut upload the folders that are inside the subisilver styles folder in to your acidtech style folder.

socomoddjob

Post by socomoddjob »

Having big issues getting this going on my board.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 18: include(./rivals/classes/class_clan.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 18: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './rivals/classes/class_clan.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 19: include(./rivals/classes/class_tournament.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 19: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './rivals/classes/class_tournament.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 20: include(./rivals/classes/class_ladder.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 20: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './rivals/classes/class_ladder.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 21: include(./rivals/functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 21: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './rivals/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3537: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3539: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3540: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 52: include(./rivals/platforms.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 52: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './rivals/platforms.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php')

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

Seems you didnt upload the files to the right places.

Dielman

Post by Dielman »

Having the following when trying to report a result from admin panel.

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'match_details' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_rivals_matches (match_challenger, match_challengee, match_finishtime, match_tie) VALUES (2, 6, 1214804013, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/rivals/acp_rivals_report_match.php
LINE: 36
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_rivals.php
LINE: 150
CALL: acp_rivals_report_match()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471