[ABD] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
gawaindc

Re: [BETA] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Post by gawaindc » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:03 pm

I have quite a few errors/bugs to report, but not sure whether to post here or not. Is there a list of bugs you're already aware of?

gawaindc

Post by gawaindc » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:11 pm

kateland wrote:gawain, my clan is interested in helping with the user guide for this. Unfortunately they're looking to me to push it along (and none of them is a tech writer) and I'm ridiculously busy.

It would help things immensely if someone can get a wiki going for this - it'd be the best way to populate it through group effort. Thoughts?
With regards to the User Manual, I'm happy to do all the work on this, I have written professional software guides before with screen grabs, how to's etc and would be happy to lend my skills to this project too. However I'm fairly new to clan gaming and as such don't know all of the Ins and outs so would need some support with that. I've pretty much figured out how rivals all works as an application no problem, but working out how to gear the manual towards "real world" clans is where I could use some help.

Anyone able to help with this, PM me. I will begin work on a fully fledged userguide probably tomorrow or Monday, assuming A.I. Bot has no problem with me doing that?

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:52 am

Whatever you can do to help would be great. With regards to the bug reports, just post em.

Benely

Post by Benely » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:24 am

Is there an update due soon or a fix for the invite system?

gawaindc

Post by gawaindc » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:41 pm

Ok, I will get going with regards to the manual as soon as I get some sort of contact (PM will do) from someone familiar with the ins and outs of clan gaming. 8-)

Here are the bugs I've discovered on my localhost. Apologies if any of these are already known or have been posted before.
If you’re not signed in as a clan member When clicking Tournaments and then clicking on Signup you get a page showing this error.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1)' at line 1 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

When logged in as a clan and go to Tournaments and click signup it works perfectly, but you can also click it again after you’ve already signed up and it will sign you up again.

When I go to Clan CP and go to clan messages, it shows I have no messages. The only button available from here is “submit” so I click the button and it throws up the following error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals/ccp_messages.php on line 32: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
But once I click back to Clan CP it goes. I am using Firefox.

When clicking on Clan Members in Clan CP and clicking one of the top buttons i.e. Remove, Assign as Leader, Assign as Backup Leader, it will take you to a SQL Error page showing:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND member_clan = 3' at line 1 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

And same for Pending Members, and Invite a User.

When editing the clan details in the Clan CP and clicking submit, it gives you no information in the information box, its just blank, the same happens when joining a ladder.

When trying to join a clan (that I’m not a part of) I get a message saying You can not invite yourself!

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:12 pm

Okay:

- If the user is not signed into clan, dont show tournament signup button -- will fix
- If the user is signed into a clan, dont show tournament signup button if their already signed up -- will fix
- Clan Messages, dont show submit button if there are no messages -- will fix
- Clan Members page -- will find out whats wrong and will fix
- Will add information text when editing clan and joining ladder
- Will fix invite things

I will plan to release an update (0.3.2) next Wednsday hopefully (very busy with work and school) with all these fixes and have subSilver compatable files (not a entire priority for next release however).

Thanks.

gawaindc

Post by gawaindc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:22 am

Great stuff. I have reworked most of my files to display in subsilver correctly, but I'm not sure of the standards of phpbb so it may not be compliant. If you want me to send you my changed files however to speed things up, just drop me a PM. 8-)

REVELAT10N

Post by REVELAT10N » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:36 pm

Greetings all... well I went ahead and installed this mod using the acidtech theme and everything seems to be working fine. I had to make a few tweaks here and there to get it to display how I wanted it to but overall it appears to be working fine. I'll be testing it out thoroughly this weekend to see if I can come across any issues.

One question I have is not a bug issue but more of a request. Can someone tell me if I can change the display of the word CLAN to TEAM? I explored the language file and made some changes there (changing CLAN to TEAM) but it seems to only effect the index page. One you go into the ladders, tournament or CP pages everything reverts back to CLAN. I’ve tried digging into the other files to find the proper outputs to change but have had no success. Even tried searching my database to see if it was being called from there.

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:27 pm

Changing all Clan strings to Team strings should fix it... I dont think I have any hardcoded clan strings. Maybe you need to rebuild your templates in the phpBB3 ACP? I dont know though... keep trying :)

Thanks.

REVELAT10N

Post by REVELAT10N » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:36 pm

That worked.... my first skim through the language file and I did not see anything - I had to look in the language file under the MODS folder and found all the terms I need to change. So we finally got into testing this and here are some things we found. When trying to challenge another team the following error occurred:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: submit_pm() in /home/e/3/2/1256/1256/public_html/forum/rivals/ccp_matches.php on line 141
And then while navigating the different sections I noticed one area where the tables are not appearing as they should - mind you this may be because of my selected style, however everything else looks pretty good. HERE is a link to an image showing what is happening. It appears the STATISTICS and MATCH HISTORY tables are over lapping.

gawaindc

Post by gawaindc » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 pm

REVELATION, I had the same thing as you did. This is because AcidTech is a Subsilver theme and so far the theme files in the mod are for Pro Silver. Just go through the coding of the ladders_viewclan.html to fix this. Although it's worth noting A.I. Bot will be releasing Subsilver compatible files with the next update (or very soon at least).

The other bug you've found has also already been noted. :D

REVELAT10N

Post by REVELAT10N » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:02 am

Thanks gawaindc! I did a search for my first error to make sure I wasn't double posting a known issue but the search results came back void. I will take a look at the file you mentioned and see if I can't fix that. I noticed you mentioned the file as an html file which I have seen the scripts refer to, but arent all the files php files?

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Just an update... still swamped with exams and work :(. Things I have fixed up/added this week thus far:

* Clan Messages, dont show submit button if there are no messages -- DONE
* Will add information text when editing clan and joining ladder -- DONE
* Will fix submit_pm error when making a challenge -- DONE
* Will add subSilver2 support. -- DONE THANKS TO gawaindc
* Will convert clan tournament reporter over to new system. -- DONE
* Clan Members page — will find out whats wrong and will fix
* Will fix invite things
* If the user is not signed into clan, dont show tournament signup button — will fix
* If the user is signed into a clan, dont show tournament signup button if their already signed up — will fix

Thanks.

orangpelupa

general error on rivals

Post by orangpelupa » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:52 am

i got this error ...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 40: include(./rivals/.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 40: include(./rivals/.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 40: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './rivals/.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
Return to the index page
General Error
template->_tpl_load(): No file specified for handle body
and i already followed the installation description found in DOCS folder

can someone help me?

atfreeforum

Post by atfreeforum » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:05 am

A.I Bot,

How is the progress so far?
free forum hosting - phpBB 2.0.22 (31 mods) - phpBB 3.0 (13 mods)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”