[ABD] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ragu78

Re: [RC3] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Post by ragu78 »

Sounds great, I cant wait.

Another thing I would love see is how you challenge someone ....
If I remember correctly you had to enter in a clan ID number. I think it would be better if, we'll viewing the ladders page it has next to the team if there avaliable to be challenged or not. If they are then you can click there name and it brings you to there clan profile page with a challenge now button which when clicked will start the challenge process.
naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

A.I. BOT wrote:While I am at it, I am going to improve some things in the main files. Heres what my ideas are to put into 1.4.0 (nothing massive).

Redoing the challenge/match system.
Right now 1 table is for matches and challenges but I would like to expand that. 1 table for challenges and 1 table for matches. The challenges table will have the challenger, the challengee, challenge post date (when challenge was made), challenge details (any additional info), challenge finder time**. The matches table will have the challenger, the challengee, match finish time, winner, looser, temporary winner score and temporary looser score.

**Heres the cool part, you DONT have to challenge a clan, you can select "Show in match finder" and select a time a time from 5-60 mins, so you can just select "Show in match finder" and click 10 mins. Your challenge will show up in the match finder saying your looking for a match within the next 10 mins, someone can challenge you by clicking a link :P

If you issue a challenge to a clan and put it in the match finder, it will appear in the other clans "Mange Challenges" page. They can see the clan (with link to their clan profile), the challenge details and the challenge post date. They can accept or decline. If they accept, the challenge will be deleted and moved into the matches table.

When reporting a match, winner and looser must report correctly before their temporary scores will be added to their clan profile. This ensures no one will skip off the reporting.

MatchComm
This is a new page in the Clan CP. If you accept a match with a clan, you can go to the matchcomm page. It will list the clans you have accepted challenges from and next to their name it will show any unread messages. Example:
"Joe Clan (Unread: 3)
The Killers (Unread: 1)
ANother Clan (Unread: 0)"

You can click the clan name, it will show messages your clan and the other have been sending (looks just like a chat ;)), at the bottom you can post a message for like a new match time or a new map change or something. Sweet, eh?

Match Finder
As mentioned above, this is a section in the Clan CP which will allow you to select a time between 5-60 mins if your looking for a match, if you enter 15 mins, it will look for all clans wanting a match within the next 15 mins and you can select "Challenge this Clan" and it will challenge them for you.

The challenge will appear in the clan's "Manage Challenges" where they can accept or decline.

-------

These are the basic ideas I have for the next version, some major but its worth it and WILL take time to write. Any other ideas you can pass along :) but it sounds good eh?

Thanks.
sounds great. just take your time and make it the best mod out there :D individual people can also challenge other clan members. and alot can be added but i dont know where to start.
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

What do you mean indivdual members can challenge other clan members?

I have the match finder done, some more new additions and such, lots of work has been done. There is even a new installer which automatically installs all the modules, config options, permissions and tables (all databases supported!). I'm thinking about modularizing the Clan CP much like the new Rivals ACP and putting it into the User CP. What do you think?

Thanks.
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

Ya that would be good, would make it stand out alittle more. Also ....

How about the option to lock sign ups for individual ladders. Like if the ladder is locked then no new teams can sign up for that ladder and no new members can sign up for the team that is signed up for that ladder.

The addition of match score added in for league system (more info in last paragraph).

The option to not associate a ladder with a tournament is a must. That way if you want to hold tournaments without the team needing to be in a certain ladder you can.

Able to add the match score to the report loss section, then the score displays on the clans previous match page. Also both teams will then have to agree on the score also before the match is finished.

Maybe duplicate the current ladders system and convert it to a league system and add new database tables to support it, then rename all references of Ladder to league. That way this will have it all, a tournament system, a ladder system and a league system.
With the duplication of the ladder system to be used as a league system would actually work out pretty good because you can use the already points system and win/loss system. In the ACP where you currently add the ladders and sub ladder would also work because they can create the divisions. The tournament system also works good with this because then at the end of the season you can associate the leagues divisions to the tournament system for the play offs. Then if you mod the tournament system to be able to not associate a ladder to it then you can take the winners from your division playoff tournament and add them manually into a new tournament for the finals. Just like how the ladders are associated to the tournaments system.
naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

i tell you what i mean by my message.

These are requestes which will make this whole modification come to a new level

--------------------------

Right now, each member can sign in two or more clans.

If its possible 1st we can have, Each Registered user ( member ) can sign up to 1 Clan ONLY. they can not change clans.

They can also have an option to leave the clan ( where a pm is sent to the leader and captain) and when leaving a clan they can not join another clan unless beeing invited by a captain or leader.

The leader has the power to kick them out or not let them quit the clan ( by taking permissions to leave the clan ) basically like a contract sign up :D

The main case here is having a clan to join multiple ladders as the current version does not allow that. I know you are working on it but i guess this is the main priority. so people can have tournaments in different ladders.

Also you should have an option where Clan members can challenge other clan members So

CLAN POO ( member ) sent a challenge to a clan member from CLAN X.

which brings me to where Members asssigned to their clan can create mini tournaments which the loss goes against their CLAN :D this way people will think twice before sending out a challenge.

If a clan member declines the challenge it basically gives them a draw no points in either side. Well instead of a draw if you can give them No match.

right now these are the main parts to work on. Everything else is fine.

And I know this is a stupid question or thought, but instead of having the current names such as ladders , sub ladders, can you not change it to something more Gameing Jargon ( Language)

Sorry for my english, Not my 1st language.

Thanks
Free Hosting - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )
neilbirkin

Post by neilbirkin »

Hi guys

Your mod sounds close to something that I could use. I have a darts related site at double16.com. I would like a mod that allowed users to enter details of leagues with results and postions etc.
Woulf this mod fit the bill do you think? or is there one out there that anyone knows about??

Cheers
Neil
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

naushadhassam wrote:i tell you what i mean by my message.

If its possible 1st we can have, Each Registered user ( member ) can sign up to 1 Clan ONLY. they can not change clans.

They can also have an option to leave the clan ( where a pm is sent to the leader and captain) and when leaving a clan they can not join another clan unless beeing invited by a captain or leader.

The leader has the power to kick them out or not let them quit the clan ( by taking permissions to leave the clan ) basically like a contract sign up :D

The main case here is having a clan to join multiple ladders as the current version does not allow that. I know you are working on it but i guess this is the main priority. so people can have tournaments in different ladders.

Also you should have an option where Clan members can challenge other clan members So

which brings me to where Members asssigned to their clan can create mini tournaments which the loss goes against their CLAN :D this way people will think twice before sending out a challenge.

If a clan member declines the challenge it basically gives them a draw no points in either side. Well instead of a draw if you can give them No match.

And I know this is a stupid question or thought, but instead of having the current names such as ladders , sub ladders, can you not change it to something more Gameing Jargon ( Language)

Thanks
Sorry but I dont think this is something everyone would want ... I think what your decribing is talored more towards your needs only?
naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

ragu78 wrote:
naushadhassam wrote:i tell you what i mean by my message.

Thanks
Sorry but I dont think this is something everyone would want ... I think what your decribing is talored more towards your needs only?
what i am quotting, basically might help everyone....

this way it will remain the same just a way for members of each clan making tournaments by them selfs and so on.

If no one wants this then you dont need to do it. I thought it could help gamer sites that have alot of gaming tournaments. Well this can help eveyrone.
Free Hosting - Here
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

@naushadhassam: I wont be modifying the member stuff at the moment. I dont see the need, the current system for it seems fine. Clan leaders can kick/remove members and it would be too hard and IMO useless to tracker which clans they were in and not allow them to join any others. "when leaving a clan they can not join another clan unless beeing invited by a captain or leader", members cant join a clan any other way, they either make a clan or they get invited to join one via PM.

Member vs member is absolutly most likely never going to happen, the code is designed for clans not members so it would be too incompatable. Work-around: get the member to make a clan using his/her username.

It makes no sense for clans to join tournaments from different ladders, why should a Halo 3 clan beable to join a COD4 tournament?

To my knowledge, platforms, ladders and sub-ladders would be gaming "language". Platforms = stuff like PS2, PC, XBOX ... Ladders = COD4, HALO, etc .... Sub-Ladders = (as example) Clans, Doubles, Quads.
-- END --

@ragu78: Clans wont be entering scores, same issue with maps: it overcomplicates the code and the mod in general. Its too much to track, display and use. A ladderless tournament: I can add that option :). I have a round robin-type of league system already created ages ago, never put it in the code yet because I want the other systems stableized before I add anything else :). There is challenge buttons now in 1.4.0 :) as well in the match finder.

Thanks.
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

Sounds good ...

So you will not be adding any way to add map names to the ladders? I think this would be a great addition, also have it random pick 3 maps for challenges.
Kovia

Post by Kovia »

Hello, I apologies to sound like a total noob but I am pretty new to php and unsure of the errors I have come up agaisnt.

I followed the installation instructions and once everything is uploaded I get the following error

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3414: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3415: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3416: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
I would be greatful for any help anybody is able to give me, thank you in advance

You can the issue on my forum at: http://www.unidin.co.uk/valhalla/

===================================================================

Also when clicking the Ladder or Tournament links at the top I get the following error

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'unidin_phpb1.phpbb_rivals_ladders' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Can be seen at: http://www.unidin.co.uk/valhalla/rivals ... 5d76e89486

===================================================================

Again.... I am sorry to sound like a total noob but as far as PHP / SQL go, well I am a total noob right now.

I would be very greatful if anyone can help me get this working :D
Yukan

Post by Yukan »

Do the database part of the edits.
Kovia wrote:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'unidin_phpb1.phpbb_rivals_ladders' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3412: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3414: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3415: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3416: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
And this error often means you didn't do/didn't correctly do edits in the following file:
{phpBB_root_folder}/includes/functions.php
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

Actually, that means you have blank spaces/lines at the top of /language/en/common.php which need to be removed, or that you didn't save the file as UTF-8 Without BOM.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

Hopefully I can get 1.4.0 out this week. Everything is basically done for it execpt some misc cleaning and a re-do of the manage members. Heres the features for 1.4.0 so far.
New feature list for 1.4.0:
- Rivals is now integrated into the phpBB ACP, modular.
- Rivals CCP is now integrated into the phpBB UCP, modular. proSilver and subSilver2 files included.
- Language variables have been cleaned and better uses the phpBB template system.
- Language file is now slimmer, all unsed language strings removed.
- New Match Finder page. Quickly find open challenges and add yourself to the match finder easily.
- Database queries better cleaned using db escaping and request_var. More secure.
- More information showen for matches and challenges in the UCP.
- Mass accept and decline challenges. Mass report matches.
- Main UCP page shows more clan information.
- Utilizes phpBB's template IFs, will better improve the display of things.
- subSilver2 and proSilver templates cleaned up a bit.
- Challenge buttons are present in clan profile and match finder. Quickly challenge a clan in an instant.
- Find a Clan has been improved. Faster, returns better results.
- Assigning a tournament to a ladder is optional.
- Rivals' config integrated with phpBB's config table.
- Automated installer. Compatable with all databases phpBB supports. It installs all the modules, permissions, queries, configs, etc.
- Permissions added. You can assign who gets to do what and view what with Rivals' ACP so the admin isent left to do all the dirty work :P
- Tickets better improved. Shows the clan's profile, ladder details and so fourth. The ticket issuing page is better explained for reporting a ticket.
- Code has been cleaned up. More up to the phpBB standards than ever before.
- MODx file more simpilified for usability.
- Clan messages has been removed. All PMs now sent to clan leader's phpBB inbox.
- Tournaments slightly improved with regards to orphan clans in the brackets.
- AFAIK all bugs reported recently have been fixed.
- MatchComm page. Discuss details, changes or have general chats with other clan leaders your facing. All in real-time using AJAX. Has a handy display page showing any unread messages from other clans.
- Member management more improved, links users to their profile, showen in table instead of select boxes now.
- Clan profile shows user's avatars.
- Challenges not accepted or declined by the other clan within 10 days is removed automatically.
- Scores are stored temparary. Both clans must report a proper report on a match to get their new clan stats.
- SQL table structures better improved. Some split for debugging purposes (if needed), and speed.
- Other stuff...
These are completely massive, massive changes and additions to Rivals both visually and more-so at it's core. Again, I hope to release sometime this week but keep in mind I am working everyday for the next 5 days :( so I will try but I don't know.

Thanks.
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

GREAT, sound like a good release AIBot ... cant wait. Thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”