[ABD] Welcome Mod 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Glenn I

Re: [BETA] Welcome Mod

Post by Glenn I »

The file I followed was called "Welcome Panel.xml" It didn't say to edit functions.php. I'm using prosilver and haven't installed any mods yet on phpbb3. Installed this on a test board in case.

Code: Select all

// application/xhtml+xml not used because of IE
	header('Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');

header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"');
	header('Expires: 0');
	header('Pragma: no-cache');

return;
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

Hi Gelnn,
I think you have the wrong Mod here. I think you mean this Mod
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... it=welcome
Glenn I

Post by Glenn I »

Hmmm ok. Don't know what happened there :oops:
BizimPencere

Post by BizimPencere »

Thanks you

Next version ACP compatible please :mrgreen:
www.phpbbturkiye.net | Turkish phpBB3 support and development
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

BizimPencere wrote:Thanks you

Next version ACP compatible please :mrgreen:
Ha You must have been spying on me...I think you will like this version. If all is well with this version, I am going to submit it to the mods database.

Here is a list of updates & changes for this new version.

Basically in this version the code has been totally re-written. A huge thanks to Handyman, Highway of Life and Coc for providing help and support.

Messages can now be customized in the ACP

Re-wrote code in functions.php to use get_username_string for better handling and optimization

Re-wrote code in functions.php to use sprintf for proper language ordering.

Removed java script code from template files and added php coding to functions.php to get the date hour and to display the welcome message. This has reduced the template coding dramatically and was needed for better handling.

Revised language file to support sprintf ordering and also changed language variables for better code viewing.

Added \"Click to register\" Link for guest users.

Your website name will now be displayed automatically for Guests. No more need for hard coding it yourself.

I have included an instruction tutorial and an update file for those who already have the previous version installed.

Please see first post for updated download
cymist

Post by cymist »

post deleted, figured it out *smacks forehead*
Last edited by cymist on Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

nice work on the changes stitch :) personally, i prefer to use the users pc time to the board time though for the time message ... but thats just my personal preference ;)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

Hi Lefty,
Thanks for your comments,
I agree 100% about the PC time, but the phpBB Dev team shot it down and denied it because of the java Script. They want me to use php instead. I am trying to get this mod approved for the Mods database. Unless somebody knows of a way to use a php function to sinc with the users PC time. So far as far as I know you can only use php to sinc with board time or Sever time. My hands are tied.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi stitch,
did they deny it because of the JS or where it was located as phpbb3 itself uses a fair amount of javascript itself?
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

It was because of the java script itself. it wasn't the ammount. They believe if a function can be accomplished with php then that is the way it should be written. They say whenever you can, avoid using java.

I think I may go back to using the Java script myself along with the new code. This way if a guest user from another country that has a 10 hour difference in timezone they will be sure to be greeted with the correct message. But if the only way the dev team will accept the mod with php then that is how I must submit it.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Stitch625 wrote:It was because of the java script itself. it wasn't the ammount. They believe if a function can be accomplished with php then that is the way it should be written. They say whenever you can, avoid using java.
I would not know how php could accomplish that so using the Javascript should be a valid solution. You may need to move it about a bit though and put it in a function itself (not sure how that is done but i am sure there are examples enough on the net) and then call the function. i think this is definitely worth looking into as I personally believe this to be an important feature of the mod. ;)
lefty74
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

Just installed this. It is really nice.
I was on a vBulletin board the other day and noticed a welcome back greeting, I thought "how cool is that"
Now I have it on my forums,, thank you, great mod!
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

Thanks for the comments jimcarrel,
Glad you like it.
madtay

Post by madtay »

8-) thanks for the great mod!
annepenullar

Post by annepenullar »

Hello, I am receiving a Javascript error on the register page after I installed this mod.

missing ) after argument list
xslLangEl("en", "diy")prosilver.xml (line 282)
xslLanguage("en")prosilver.xml (line 272)
changeLanguage("en")prosilver.xml (line 246)
startup()prosilver.xml (line 228)
onload(load )prosilver.xml (line 1)
[Break on this error] setInterval('disable(false, "agreed")', Good morning, you`re up early);\n
Is there a workaround this issue?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”