[ABD] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mathd

Re: [BETA] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Post by mathd » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi,

during the installation, I've gone through every steps without trouble, but now, in the DIY part, it says to open the install_am/install.php, but I can't find it :? Is it necessary to run the file or with all the steps above, that's all right? BTW, I haven't put the modified files on the server yet. Only the database has been modified by the creation of the new tables.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 am

during the installation, I've gone through every steps without trouble, but now, in the DIY part, it says to open the install_am/install.php, but I can't find it
Shit, I forgot to add the install folder to the current beta version. This is fixed now, so download the current beta again, upload the install folder and run the install_am/install.php.
Sorry for that.
Greets
Kane

wired076

Post by wired076 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:12 am

NetizenKane wrote:The confirmation bug (see above) should be fixed with the current beta version. Fix for the bug is done in viewtopic.php.

Find:

Code: Select all

$sql = 'UPDATE ' . AM_REGISTRATIONS_TABLE . '
				SET am_registration_confirmed = ' . time() . '
				WHERE am_option_id = ' . (int) $am_regoption_id . '
					AND topic_id	= ' . (int) $topic_id;
			$db->sql_query($sql);
Replace with:

$sql = 'UPDATE ' . AM_REGISTRATIONS_TABLE . '
				SET am_registration_confirmed = ' . time() . '
				WHERE am_option_id = ' . (int) $am_regoption_id . '
					AND topic_id	= ' . (int) $topic_id . '
					AND am_user_id	= ' . (int) $user->data['user_id'];
			$db->sql_query($sql);
Thanks NetizenKane that has fixed that problem.

I have a few other questions in regards to this mod but I will verify all my edits for this mod have been updated first before asking!

wired076

Post by wired076 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:09 am

Ok... I have a few questions in regards to this mod...

I wish to have a preset that saves all the information in regards to allow registration change, allow confirmation, activate registration as well as the colour of the options and remove save as preset from the posting page as well as removing select layout from posting page.

On the posting page I only want the text box for the option and the slots to come up with add/remove option and all other details stored in the preset from the ACP.

Are you able to help me to do this with the mod. I think that this would be a good thing to be incorporated into this mod as otherwise each am post is going to have different colour schemes used which will screw up an entire website's colour scheme and layout.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

A screenshot of what I am saying here can be seen at http://itconstruct.com.au/documentation ... m_post.png

wired076

Post by wired076 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:09 am

wired076 wrote:Ok... I have a few questions in regards to this mod...

I wish to have a preset that saves all the information in regards to allow registration change, allow confirmation, activate registration as well as the colour of the options and remove save as preset from the posting page as well as removing select layout from posting page.

On the posting page I only want the text box for the option and the slots to come up with add/remove option and all other details stored in the preset from the ACP.

Are you able to help me to do this with the mod. I think that this would be a good thing to be incorporated into this mod as otherwise each am post is going to have different colour schemes used which will screw up an entire website's colour scheme and layout.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

A screenshot of what I am saying here can be seen at http://itconstruct.com.au/documentation ... m_post.png
To update:

1. I have been able to remove the save preset and layout completely without any issues.
2. I have placed style="display: none" for each three checkboxes as otherwise even with a preset these were not working to hide them.
3. I still need to define standard colours to be used for the options. Is there a way for me to do this with the preset or not without defining the name or number of slots. Preferably I would like to define three different colours to be able to be used one after the other in case of more than one option being defined in a post.

Please advise.

deauvilleuk

Post by deauvilleuk » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi,

After a few issues with my hosting having a hardware issue and nearly loosing everything I tried this again using AutoMod and everything works great, issue I can see is when I go to new posts list or the forum I can see the options which looks to take up a bit of space. Is it possible to hide the options from these views and maybe keep the [0-0] only next to them ?

Graham

deauvilleuk

Post by deauvilleuk » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:57 pm

...seems to have done what i asked now ?

as you click on the [0-0] the list appears...click elsewhere it hides.

...nice :mrgreen:

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 pm

I seem to have an issue with this mod when I click on a predefined prest and click go on the posting page as a script debug comes up on IE 8 and says the following:

Line: 858
Character: 5
Code: 0
Error Message: 'null' is null or not an object
URL: http://dinkdankdoo.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=19&sid=7d6f65f7318f0c64bacb135ec3900c24
I am running the latest version of this mod.

Please advise.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:46 am

Did you define the preset by ACP or by checking the preset box while posting?

wired076

Post by wired076 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:13 am

NetizenKane wrote:Did you define the preset by ACP or by checking the preset box while posting?
I defined the preset in the ACP and then this error/warning occurs when on the posting am section of the post a reply page.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:17 pm

I defined the preset in the ACP and then this error/warning occurs when on the posting am section of the post a reply page.
Er ... please explain again, I can't find it.

Johan-NL

Post by Johan-NL » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Any development at the moment? I'd like this mod with the feature I requested :D

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 pm

NetizenKane wrote:
Er ... please explain again, I can't find it.
Sorry I believe this error message has disappeared, I was tweaking the mod at this stage on the site.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 am

Okay, that's better than a bug ;-).
@Johan: I'm doing some code cosmetics to get this mod released, so new features are not in the pipeline at the moment. Please be patient.
Greets
Kane

wired076

Post by wired076 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:00 pm

NetizenKane wrote:Okay, that's better than a bug ;-).
@Johan: I'm doing some code cosmetics to get this mod released, so new features are not in the pipeline at the moment. Please be patient.
Greets
Kane
It sure is. If you are interested, after bugs are fixed I have some cosmetic suggestions to improve this mod.

I also think that adding support for HandyMan's MOD Version Check mod would be helpful as it allows users to go into their ACP and click on check mods and it tells them if their mod is up to date.

It can be viewed here - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12628915

To use this mod 4 steps are required in setting them up and they are listed in the author_instructions in the contrib folder of the mod.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”