[ABD] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Jaga

Re: [BETA] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Post by Jaga » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:29 am

Thanks for the updates to this modification over the months/years.

I only have one probably currently with it, that impacts my users' ability to create registration topics. In the "Registration Creation" tab at the bottom of a new topic, there are two colums: left is for option description text, right is for fields and input of options. Due to my forum's fixed width, the right fields and buttons get shoved off the visible area, and the right half of them are hidden as a result.

Is there a way to redefine the width of the left column easily such that I can move those fields and buttons back over to the left? I don't mind if the left column is small and text wraps a lot, I just need to get access to those options.

Additionally (or optionally), where can I go to redefine the visible length of the input boxes such that I can reclaim a bit more space horizontally?

Thanks for the hard work, keep it up!

wired076

Post by wired076 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:16 am

Jaga wrote:Thanks for the updates to this modification over the months/years.

I only have one probably currently with it, that impacts my users' ability to create registration topics. In the "Registration Creation" tab at the bottom of a new topic, there are two colums: left is for option description text, right is for fields and input of options. Due to my forum's fixed width, the right fields and buttons get shoved off the visible area, and the right half of them are hidden as a result.

Is there a way to redefine the width of the left column easily such that I can move those fields and buttons back over to the left? I don't mind if the left column is small and text wraps a lot, I just need to get access to those options.

Additionally (or optionally), where can I go to redefine the visible length of the input boxes such that I can reclaim a bit more space horizontally?

Thanks for the hard work, keep it up!
Jaga just to check are you running the latest version of this mod?

I have checked and this error has persisted through the last few revisions. NetizenKane I have checked and this only seems to persist on style's with a fixed width. This is shown by checking the test site for this mod using standard ProSilver and checking it against a fixed width site.

I think the text box as Jaga suggested needs to autoresize to a certain extent to accommodate for fixed width sites somehow....

Jaga

Post by Jaga » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Yes, I just pulled out an older version last night, then reinstalled the latest 0.2.7 (databases and all).

Jaga

Post by Jaga » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:08 am

--snip--

I ended up changing my tact seeing as I needed to move forward with this and hadn't seen a reply.

I have resolved the issue myself by changing both language definitions, and the width of the primary option name in the script.

I would however, highly suggest you make a much more configurable mod for the future. Most people would have given up long before I did, and there are quite a number of fixed-width forums out there.

Edit: Here is what my final solution looks like:

Note that I greatly simplified each row by removing redundant verbage, moving elements, changing language, altering field width, etc. It still retains 100% of prior functionality.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:37 pm

As a matter of fact I didn't care a lot about other styles than prosilver because implementation of functionality was more important than style fit. Nevertheless this issue is so critical I'll fix it before trying to release the mod.

@Jaga: Which style do you use?
Jaga wrote:I would however, highly suggest you make a much more configurable mod for the future.
What do you want to have configurable? I wouldn't suggest to make style elements configurable.

Jaga

Post by Jaga » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:21 pm

I use a style called 360Elite. It was originally a simple black style, but I have modified it to suit my site. It was based off the original phpBB fixed-width theme (I believe), so enabling your mod to play nice with that should solve most theme issues.

Things I would suggest making user editable (via instructions somewhere) are field widths and language. Those two alone enabled me to adjust line length significantly. I took it a step further and reordered line items, and removed labels I felt were redundant after (namely "Color" and "Option"). I have tested my changes and the mod appears to be working fine.

It is more work for you to make certain items configurable via a phpBB interface, so just having instructions somewhere detailing how to modify elements of the mod would probably suffice. Many people may be php savvy, but having elements inside script tags could throw those people for a loop. Instructions would go a long way.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:31 am

Things I would suggest making user editable (via instructions somewhere) are field widths and language.
Language is set by board language settings and/or user profile settings. Maybe it would be better to replace the current labels by shorter ones. Field width could be worth to be configured by ACP. I don't like to encourage users to change source code or templates.

Jonnster

Post by Jonnster » Mon May 10, 2010 4:14 pm

So can this mod only be used with the ProSilver style? I'm new to PHPBB so sorry if this is a silly question but I've checked the install instructions and it mentions this style but I'm using a totally different style which doesn't have any of the files mentioned.

wired076

Post by wired076 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:19 am

Jonnster wrote:So can this mod only be used with the ProSilver style? I'm new to PHPBB so sorry if this is a silly question but I've checked the install instructions and it mentions this style but I'm using a totally different style which doesn't have any of the files mentioned.
No this is not a silly question.

The instructions for subSilver based styles is in the contrib folder.

If you are still confused please let us know what your style's name is so we can help you further.

monkey gun

Post by monkey gun » Thu May 13, 2010 10:29 am

hey, this mod has added so much to my board thank you so much.

One feature i would like to be is to maybe to include an option to limit users setting registrations to only pre-sets. I have members creating all sorts of multicoloured registrations with different description...some of them quite bizarre :)

Thanks again

wired076

Post by wired076 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 am

monkey gun wrote:hey, this mod has added so much to my board thank you so much.

One feature i would like to be is to maybe to include an option to limit users setting registrations to only pre-sets. I have members creating all sorts of multicoloured registrations with different description...some of them quite bizarre :)

Thanks again
Hi Monkey gun.

Just to keep you updated on NetizenKane's mod. He has said the following on the last post page:
NetizenKane wrote:Okay, that's better than a bug ;-).
@Johan: I'm doing some code cosmetics to get this mod released, so new features are not in the pipeline at the moment. Please be patient.
Greets
Kane
I would however also like to see this particular feature added to the mod in the near future.

NetizenKane can you please update us on the mod's status including what is the expected date to be submitted to the mod development team for approval to the mod database?

ivory

Post by ivory » Fri May 21, 2010 4:23 pm

I wonder if you can help me please. ive seen the option "pm all registered users" in conjunction with this mod, so that the person who created the sign-up, as the button to click, to pm those who signed up. Can you tell me where abouts i can go to find this modification?

many thanks :)

susie

Bombsaway

Post by Bombsaway » Mon May 24, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi,

I'm having issue with this in the phpbb RedSilver skin.

The signees show up in the main preview page and also on te thread they show as tiled avatars. Works fine in ProSilver though.

Any ideas?

cwhall

Post by cwhall » Tue May 25, 2010 10:13 am

I'm having a little problem with this mod, i've got it all set up and working and the admin user account has been able to make the topic and put in the event registation, but only that account is able to register for the event, i've created other users and given them all permissions but it just keeps giving them the page but no way to signup.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

wired076

Post by wired076 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:48 pm

ivory wrote:I wonder if you can help me please. ive seen the option "pm all registered users" in conjunction with this mod, so that the person who created the sign-up, as the button to click, to pm those who signed up. Can you tell me where abouts i can go to find this modification?

many thanks :)

susie
Hi Susie I am sorry but I am not sure where this feature is or whether it exists. NetizenKane when he is back next will need to comment on this for you.
Bombsaway wrote:Hi,

I'm having issue with this in the phpbb RedSilver skin.

The signees show up in the main preview page and also on te thread they show as tiled avatars. Works fine in ProSilver though.

Any ideas?
Which instructions did you follow for installation on the RedSilver skin? ie the ProSilver or SubSilver 2 instructions?

Can you please provide a link to your board where you are having this issue?
cwhall wrote:I'm having a little problem with this mod, i've got it all set up and working and the admin user account has been able to make the topic and put in the event registation, but only that account is able to register for the event, i've created other users and given them all permissions but it just keeps giving them the page but no way to signup.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks
Can you please check whether you have provided the other users, ie non administrator the ability to register for an event and that you have added this ability to the actual registration posting?

How have you given other users this permission ie have you defined this for an individual user or per a group?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”