[ABD] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
[ d3v ]

Re: [DEV] Attendance Mod

Post by [ d3v ] » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:04 am

I think he is asking for the ability to perhaps send a mass email to everyone registered (or just specific groups) when a new event is created?

That would be kinda cool :)

Not sure how you would impliment it though, without everything getting very messy (for larger boards).
As I see it, you would need to have an option to either send a PM or email, then a scroll box with all of the groups listed, where you can CRTL+Click all the groups you want to inform?

HMMMMMM

Maybe have an admin backend feature where you can setup some rules?
Maybe have a similar setup as above, but then have the ability to save your selection as a rule - maybe called "GA Ladder Members"
So whenever there is a GA war, you choose your GA Ladder Members from a dropdown box, and click 'inform'?

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:40 am

Okay, I got it now.
The notification by mail and/or PM is an idea which someone had already for the old modification (regmod). I'll put it on my list, but I'm not sure about how the function should work in the end. We'll see.

frechdaxx

Post by frechdaxx » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:42 pm

Looking forward to this ;)

chado

Post by chado » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:27 am

jUST AN IDEA
maybe have an option in the user profiles to allow event notification
if user has event notification enabled they will recieve an email/pm about the event upon creation.

for my forum personaly, i would love to see an option upon creating an event that will run a mass email/pm to groups and all users etc. driving more users to the site.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:32 am

chado wrote:maybe have an option in the user profiles to allow event notification
if user has event notification enabled they will recieve an email/pm about the event upon creation.
That sounds like a functionality normally used at newsletter systems. Could be useful. I'll put it on the list.

By the way: I'll will collect all ideas this week and update the first posting of this topic with it.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:45 pm

Okay, a new version is active. New features are:

- deactivate option buttons if no more open slots are available is active
- unregister from an event
- set option at registration creation if users are allowed to change their vote or unregister
- hiding a registration (Activate Registration set to false) is now usable
- cosmetic changes

First posting of this topic is also updated.
Greets
NetizenKane
Last edited by NetizenKane on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:25 pm

A new version has arrived
Now users are able to select a layout for their registrations. Up to now I've implemented 5 different layouts which differs only in details. There will be more layouts in the near future with more differentiated layouts.
Please report bugs if you find some.

Greets
NetizenKane

PS.: I'm planning to release the first beta version and the end of october.
Last edited by NetizenKane on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 am

Hi,

the first alpha version for local testing is available. It comes with the ModX installation script which I used the first time. So please be careful when you install the mod, backup your files and don't try an installation on a live environment. Suggestions, bug reports and all the other stuff is very welcome.

Download the Alpha Version 0.1.0

Greets
NetizenKane

NetizenKane

Re: [ALPHA] Attendance Mod

Post by NetizenKane » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:01 am

Hi,

the second alpha version for local testing is available. Bugs in the install script and errors due to the new phpBB release candidate 7 are fixed (thanks to Vecchio, Mandi and Saji for testing and suggesting). Please test this version only on a non-live environment.

Download the Alpha Version 0.1.1

Greets
NetizenKane
Last edited by NetizenKane on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ d3v ]

Re: [ALPHA] Attendance Mod (0.1.1)

Post by [ d3v ] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:27 am

mod is awesome, does exactly as advertised :)
made organizing the clans css wars SO much easier.
much better than the phpbb2 version, and the developer is very active and helpful.

props mate, thanks so much for this helpful modification.

drumgirl67

Post by drumgirl67 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:15 pm

Woot!

I will try this out when I get home today.

handel27

Post by handel27 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:00 pm

anyone care to post an easy mod solution of a 3.0 noob? Do i have to hand edit all the files individually, or is there an easymod-like process i can use?

much obliged.

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:20 am

I'm really happy you decided to create this, but sadly I am unable to get it to work, perhaps someone can help?

First of all, the demo board is down, and has been all day, I assume the end result is a tab down by the poll/upload area, correct?

Otherwise, I am not getting any errors on my site after complete install as per the instructions (had one parse error but it was just my syntax), nevertheless there is no extra tab showing up down there.

I'm very new at this, was there an additional installation point I needed to do besides what was in the install file? Thanks for your help, my community really needs this.

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:22 am

handel27 wrote:anyone care to post an easy mod solution of a 3.0 noob? Do i have to hand edit all the files individually, or is there an easymod-like process i can use?

much obliged.
AFAIK Easy Mod is only available for 2 not for 3. It takes awhile but you can hand edit it.

In reality though, it does have to be about the most archaic install I have done for any software in a decade, not the author's fault but why phpbb doesn't have this ability built in is a giant mystery.

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:24 pm

Anyone? I just went through all my code again and I'm not seeing where I messed up? What would be the particular edit that would cause the new posting tab to not show up?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”