[ABD] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
[ d3v ]

Re: [ALPHA] Attendance Mod (0.1.1)

Post by [ d3v ] » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:15 am

hehe, i had the same issue - it is most likely a permissions setting - the feature is turned off by default on all boards.

jump into the phpBB permissions, and edit permissions for the board you want to enable it on.

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:11 am

I appreciate the reply, could you please tell me where specifically in the permissions? All are set for the admin to yes, but I dont see a specific option for attendance or anything.

[ d3v ]

Post by [ d3v ] » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:51 am

i use a lot of groups on the forum, so instead of forum based permissions, i use group based permissions.
anyway...

1. login to acp
2. click permissions tab
3. click 'groups forum permissions'
4. choose the group
5. choose the forum
6. click advanced permissions (under all yes/all no/all never)
7. click the registration tab, and set permissions from there :)

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:21 am

Thank you again. It appears I must have missed a step or something because I don't get a registration tab.

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:16 am

I just went and checked all of the code again and re-uploaded the files, still nothing. I wonder what it could be?

[ d3v ]

Post by [ d3v ] » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:39 am

you definately have the 0.1.1 archive, and not 0.1.0?
and also, are you running RC7?

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:53 am

At first you had me scared there, because I looked at the install notes and it said 0.1.0! And then I redownloaded the file and realized he must have forgotten to update the install file. Yes, running 3.0b7. And its a totally fresh install, this is the only mod on it, and Im using prosilver. Thanks again for helping me out.

frechdaxx

Post by frechdaxx » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:30 pm

Awesome ;)

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:31 pm

Has anyone besides d3v gotten this to work?

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:49 pm

Hooray, it's working now!

I went back and actually deleted the files that I was replacing with the new ones, then found the option in the general section that says "clear cache" RUN. I ran that and somewhere between the two, the permissions area came up, and as you said, it was NOT enabled. So I enabled that and now the mod is working perfectly.

Previously I had cleared the cache of the theme template I believe, but I did not see this option to dump the whole cache before. That must have been the culprit. Thanks again for your help!

handel27

Post by handel27 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:00 pm

not working. checked all my syntax, changed permissions, purged cache, running correct version, etc. verything that has been suggested. Not getting reg tab in new post (should be at bottom, next to "poll", correct?)

Suggestions?

TIA

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:24 pm

Did you try deleting the files on the server that you were replacing (after backing up of course), then replacing and dumping the cache? That was the way I went and then it finally showed up.

Dont forget to go into forum permissions and make sure registrations is set to yes for the groups you want.

handel27

Post by handel27 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:44 pm

thanks for the response, kras. I wasn't sure what you meant by this step exactly. i copied all the new, "am" files into their appropriate places, assuming they would copy over any files they might be replacing (although they all seem to be additions). I made the mods on my installed files with BBEdit (mac) since I'm working on a test board that is not live, so there was nothing to delete there.

I did see the permissions tab for regs in the group forum permissions tab and set the admins group to yes, but I'm still not seeing the reg option when I try to make a new post. I definitely used the "purge the cache" command in the general tab per your suggestion.

krasnogorsk-3

Post by krasnogorsk-3 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:50 pm

It sounds like a permission issue to be honest, but what I was saying was to be safe, delete all of the files you are replacing on the server after backing them up. Like all of the files you alter per the install file, delete them off the server, then upload the new ones, and dump the cache. I did both of these, then made SURE my user groups had permissions set to be able to create the registrations. Also, dont forget to upload the extra files that come with the mod. The cache to be dumped is located in the ACP in the General Tab. Thats as much advice as I can give.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:05 pm

Hi all,
Okay, I'm back after all ... sorry for being late, but I've been ill for a while. Unfortunately I've to give up my test forum for several reasons. So bug reports and discussions about the mod have to take place in this thread. I hope it's okay for you.

A new alpha version is also available.

Greets
Kane

PS.: I'll do my very best to increase the release intervals after this long break ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”