[ABD] simple acp pm read [1.0.4b]

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
comuter

Re: [BETA] simple acp pm read [1.0.3B]

Post by comuter »

is the delete button ever going to be added????????this mod is useless without it, and for the person that says you can delete all private message ofcertian your wrong its not possile even if you delete the user the PM (Spam) turns to annonmous as sender :?

joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Jwazoo15 wrote:I get this annoying error :

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_prvmsg.php on line 67: Undefined variable: to
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_prvmsg.php on line 67: Undefined variable: to
Same error for me...
I learn English with phpbb.com :)

Dr.Death
QA Team

Post by Dr.Death »

IPB_Refugee wrote: If yes, we should fall on our knees and beg Dr. Death to take over the MOD.

Hehe, nice try ;-)

Sorry, i have no time to take over.
I have enough todo with my own mod and moderating phpbb.de
Doc.

CrimsonThunder

Post by CrimsonThunder »

I really like the mod and wish it could be continued. Its pretty useless without the delete button as it should only be used to make sure spam messages and flame messages are not being sent.

Things that could be added.

- Delete PM
- Delete all PM's by author.
- View PM's that have been deleted.
- Delete history of PM in the Private Message Admin Panel.
- Only Site Founder can read PM's.

r4wMUnt34q

Post by r4wMUnt34q »

This seems like a fine idea, but you should think about coincidences it may cause, if it gets out and users get to know that an admin can read their "Private" messages. Yes it is a form of control, but arent such admins a little bit paranoid ? Some people may be discussing private things and user privacy is really going to be threatened by this... It is good to know what is going on, but I think it would be better to pretend you dont know about it and Im afraid not all people using this MOD will be able to be like this...

Some people like their privacy, think of it ;). Like I dont care if an admin reads my stuff, but there are such people who would mind this I think...

CrimsonThunder

Post by CrimsonThunder »

r4wMUnt34q wrote:This seems like a fine idea, but you should think about coincidences it may cause, if it gets out and users get to know that an admin can read their "Private" messages. Yes it is a form of control, but arent such admins a little bit paranoid ? Some people may be discussing private things and user privacy is really going to be threatened by this... It is good to know what is going on, but I think it would be better to pretend you dont know about it and Im afraid not all people using this MOD will be able to be like this...

Some people like their privacy, think of it ;). Like I dont care if an admin reads my stuff, but there are such people who would mind this I think...
Putting it in the Privacy Policy would be the way to go. No one reads that anyway so its their own fault for not knowing. :P

r4wMUnt34q

Post by r4wMUnt34q »

Nice privacy policy then.. Why wont we call it no privacy policy ? :)

Sithnar

Post by Sithnar »

Im more interested in this to keep the PM's on my board tidy, so a delete function is a must.. dont care about the content.
Sithnar - Head Nerd @ DarkLord's Realm

joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

joebart72 wrote:
Jwazoo15 wrote:I get this annoying error :

Same error for me...
UP please ;)

mattgid

Post by mattgid »

I think I discovered a bug -.-"

when I exit the acp from the read private messages page (clicking the "board index" link on the read pm page) , I get logged out!!! D:
✖✖_Matthew Gideon_✖✖

joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Solution for this problem :

Code: Select all

Open :

includes\acp\acp_prvmsg.php
Find : (line 67)

$to .= ($to) ? ', ' . $to_link : $to_link;
Replace with :

@$to .= ($to) ? ', ' . $to_link : $to_link;

notsa

Post by notsa »

cool i wish all the bugs were fixed.
you could make it so you can choose that only admins (or certain groups) can see it and you can delete pm's :D .

hopefully this will be certified soon so it can be released in full. :)

naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

This mod is perfect and about the delete button should not be there because its not privacy :D

But if members complain Regarding where did their PMS disapear to

Before you delete them you can make a topic regarding PRUNEing the pms so the ones that have not been read for a certain amount of time can be deleted automatically ?

But great mod
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )

mattgid

Post by mattgid »

[IMHO] there should not be any function that edits PMs, be it editting the contents of PM or deleting it. Signs of administrators being able to read the board's members' PMs should be minimized. Cos after all. it's PRIVATE messages. You should be happy that this function is even available. ;) [/IMHO]
✖✖_Matthew Gideon_✖✖

mattgid

Post by mattgid »

and anyway..
mattgid wrote:I think I discovered a bug -.-"

when I exit the acp from the read private messages page (clicking the "board index" link on the read pm page) , I get logged out!!! D:
✖✖_Matthew Gideon_✖✖

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”