[ABD] Prime Anti-bot - Anti-spambot Text Verification

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
peaksoft

Re: [RC1] Prime Anti-bot - Anti-spambot Text Verification

Post by peaksoft » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:50 pm

I have text verification set to enable on both the Visual Confirmation page and the User Registration page, but the mod does not function - new users can still register without the question appearing.

I have done two clean installs, with exactly the same result.

(Five minutes later....suddenly it's working. Many thanks.)

apbevan

Post by apbevan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:49 pm

I have installed the Mod but I don't get an option to turn on Text Verification inside "ACP -> General -> Board Configuration -> Viasual Confirmation Settings"

I do see the option inside User Registration though.

I have retraced all my steps making sure I have copied the files to the correct directories, Assigned correct privileges, and added the code to the proper files. I must have missed something.

Any help would be appreciated.

SentryRaven

Post by SentryRaven » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:22 pm

I have a problem after moving from one server to another.
The prime captcha was working on the old server without problem, but once I moved it to the new server now, after I enter the answer to the question I have defined, I am being sent back to the login screen, where it says: "You cannot enter this part of the UCP without being registered".

You can take a look here: http://forums.eve-bank.net

I have already purged the cache and deleted my own cookies, but to no avail.

wired076

Post by wired076 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:12 am

Code: Select all

$this->tpl_name = 'acp_captcha';[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_captcha.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_captcha.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_captcha.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_captcha.php:1)
I am getting this error after installing this mod when I navigate to ACP->Visual Confirmation Settings.

What do I need to do to fix this? Please advise.

D4rK_Pr1nC3

Post by D4rK_Pr1nC3 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:06 am

prime we need some light over this... I'm about to install your mod in my forum, but reading so many people having problems in the last pages, makes me wonder.... does it really work easily? I have a really clean phpbb installation, but my PHP skills are not the best ones.

Please clarify.

PD: One of the things your installation steps are missing (haven't tried it yet) is the checking for file permissions, for the new files you are adding. If the app has no permissions to read prime_captcha.php it won't work.

baloo

Post by baloo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:31 am

I installed this last week. Followed the instructions, had it up and running within 10mins. No problems whatsoever.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:50 am

apbevan wrote:I have installed the Mod but I don't get an option to turn on Text Verification inside "ACP -> General -> Board Configuration -> Viasual Confirmation Settings"

I do see the option inside User Registration though.

I have retraced all my steps making sure I have copied the files to the correct directories, Assigned correct privileges, and added the code to the proper files. I must have missed something.

Any help would be appreciated.
The very first file edit in the instructions (the "adm/style/acp_captcha.html" one) is the one that makes it show up on that page, in combination with the file edit for the "includes/acp/acp_captcha.php" file.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:57 am

wired076 wrote:

$this->tpl_name = 'acp_captcha';[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_captcha.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_captcha.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_captcha.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_captcha.php:1)
I am getting this error after installing this mod when I navigate to ACP->Visual Confirmation Settings.

I'd bet that you edited the included PHP file with a text editor that saves files using a byte order mark. Editor programs that recognize BOMs will typically not visibly display them, but PHP sees them and it can cause those errors.
Ken F. Innes IV

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:01 am

SentryRaven wrote:I have a problem after moving from one server to another.
The prime captcha was working on the old server without problem, but once I moved it to the new server now, after I enter the answer to the question I have defined, I am being sent back to the login screen, where it says: "You cannot enter this part of the UCP without being registered".

You can take a look here: http://forums.eve-bank.net

I have already purged the cache and deleted my own cookies, but to no avail.
I have no idea why my MOD would cause this to happen. I know of no reason for it. Checking out your link, your registration page says "Creating a new account is currently not possible", so not really possible for me to see what you're seeing.
Ken F. Innes IV

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:15 am

primehalo wrote:
wired076 wrote:

I'd bet that you edited the included PHP file with a text editor that saves files using a byte order mark. Editor programs that recognize BOMs will typically not visibly display them, but PHP sees them and it can cause those errors.
I have been using Notepad++ and I have even tried to re-encode the files in UTF-8 without BOM and this error still exists.

Please advise.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:12 pm

There is a character somewhere that it should not be. If it's not a BOM, then it could be a space or a new line, or anything else. Sometimes I'll find a random "s" hanging out because I don't press the CTRL button hard enough when I try to save. But that's what the error means, something is being sent to output before the headers are being sent.
Ken F. Innes IV

D4rK_Pr1nC3

Post by D4rK_Pr1nC3 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:01 am

baloo wrote:I installed this last week. Followed the instructions, had it up and running within 10mins. No problems whatsoever.
thx, I'll install it tomorrow and let you know. If this stops bots from posting in my forum, I'll create a prime fans club, really.

wired076

Post by wired076 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:53 pm

primehalo wrote:There is a character somewhere that it should not be. If it's not a BOM, then it could be a space or a new line, or anything else. Sometimes I'll find a random "s" hanging out because I don't press the CTRL button hard enough when I try to save. But that's what the error means, something is being sent to output before the headers are being sent.
It was an issue with an edit on this file: includes/acp/acp_captcha.php

All is now fixed.

For all others with this issue I recommend WinMerge which is a free program that allows you to compare two files and shows where the file has been modified compared to another. I checked my files against the standard 3.0.4 files.

wired076

Post by wired076 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Is it possible to change the question that is asked to users and have it change to a choice of questions from a list each time the page is retrieved??

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:25 am

You would have to modify it to do that.
Ken F. Innes IV

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”