[ABD] Game Review Mod 0.9.3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sandkaka

Re: [RC] Game Review Mod 0.9.0

Post by Sandkaka »

Thaales wrote:
Sandkaka wrote:Okey, I've done that now but without any success.
How to "refresh your forum cache"?

go to admin cp panel and in "general" purge your cash then go to "Styles" and refresh your prosilver/subsilver2(the one you installing the mod) template and theme . that should do.
I purged the cache, and checked back on index page of the board and I saw.... nothing at all!
The whole forum is just a blank page. I wonder what I did wrong..

I've tried to re-upload unchanched constants.php, overall_header.html and overall_footer.html, but the (huge) problem remains.

Edit: Wrote wrong extensions - fixed!
Last edited by Sandkaka on Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thaales

Post by Thaales »

Sandkaka wrote:
Thaales wrote:

go to admin cp panel and in "general" purge your cash then go to "Styles" and refresh your prosilver/subsilver2(the one you installing the mod) template and theme . that should do.
I purged the cache, and checked back on index page of the board and I saw.... nothing at all!

I've tried to re-upload unchanched constants.php, overall_header.php and overall_footer.php, but the (huge) problem remains.

can you put a link to your board ?

Ill read what you did in the page 1...
Sandkaka

Post by Sandkaka »

Thaales wrote:
Sandkaka wrote:
Thaales wrote:

I've tried to re-upload unchanched constants.php, overall_header.php and overall_footer.php, but the (huge) problem remains.

can you put a link to your board ?

Ill read what you did in the page 1...
http://swescape.se/
Thanks for helping me out.
t27duck

Post by t27duck »

Sandkaka wrote:
Thaales wrote:

The changed files should overall_header.html and overall_footer.html in your styles folder. They should not be php files. constants.php is the only php file that should be changed.

Thaales wrote: have you though about the possibility to make this Mod a Download Area Mod instead of a gamming reviews Mod. I think with that should work really cool and make a good Download Center/Area for forums.

Good job !, as my Forums get bigger , better and final Ill add your mod xD

Thanks and I have no idea what it is your are talking about :D
Always have a back up plan for your back up plan.
Sandkaka

Post by Sandkaka »

t27duck wrote:
Sandkaka wrote:
Thaales wrote:

The changed files should overall_header.html and overall_footer.html in your styles folder. They should not be php files. constants.php is the only php file that should be changed.
Oops, I meant .html.
Got a clue how to solve my problem?
t27duck

Post by t27duck »

Download constants.php and the styles files to your local system, open them in Notepad or something and make absolutely sure they are the unmodified versions.

You could try and delete everything in the cache folder on your server.

I honestly don't know what would cause this as the only "important" file that needs to be edited is constants.php.
Sandkaka

Post by Sandkaka »

t27duck wrote:Download constants.php and the styles files to your local system, open them in Notepad or something and make absolutely sure they are the unmodified versions.

You could try and delete everything in the cache folder on your server.

I honestly don't know what would cause this as the only "important" file that needs to be edited is constants.php.
Thanks, the forum works now when I deleted everything in the cache.

Well, I guess that I'm on step one once again now.
Sandkaka

Post by Sandkaka »

I now have the shortcut next to FAQ, but when clicking it it just takes me to "http://swescape.se/fc.php?sid=f46886167 ... a397885509"
Where it says "No input file specified."

I've changed the linkname to Spelrecensioner (swedish), but the standard is "Friend codes" something you should change maybe?

However, why do I get the message above?
t27duck

Post by t27duck »

Sandkaka wrote:I now have the shortcut next to FAQ, but when clicking it it just takes me to "http://swescape.se/fc.php?sid=f46886167 ... a397885509"

I've changed the linkname to Spelrecensioner (swedish), but the standard is "Friend codes" something you should change maybe?

Ok....The issue with your link is my bad. I mixed up the URL for my Friend Code Mod with the Game Review Mod.

The download on my site has been fixed!

Now, the reason (my guess) why you're getting that error is because the Mod is programmed assuming you have English as your forum's active language. It is looking for a language file that doesn't exist. To get it to work (it'll be in English) copy the language/en/mods/gamereviews.php file to language/[YOUR LANGUAGE]/mods/gamereviews.php
Sandkaka

Post by Sandkaka »

t27duck wrote:
Sandkaka wrote:I now have the shortcut next to FAQ, but when clicking it it just takes me to "http://swescape.se/fc.php?sid=f46886167 ... a397885509"

Ok....The issue with your link is my bad. I mixed up the URL for my Friend Code Mod with the Game Review Mod.

The download on my site has been fixed!

Now, the reason (my guess) why you're getting that error is because the Mod is programmed assuming you have English as your forum's active language. It is looking for a language file that doesn't exist. To get it to work (it'll be in English) copy the language/en/mods/gamereviews.php file to language/[YOUR LANGUAGE]/mods/gamereviews.php
Actually my standard forum language is British english.
t27duck

Post by t27duck »

Can you check what permissions gamereviews.php and addgamereviews.php are set for on your server?
Sandkaka

Post by Sandkaka »

755 on both
t27duck

Post by t27duck »

That should be right.

And you are positive the template files (the .html files) are uploaded to your server?
Fernix

Post by Fernix »

have you though about the possibility to make this Mod a Download Area Mod instead of a gamming reviews Mod. I think with that should work really cool and make a good Download Center/Area for forums.

Good job !, as my Forums get bigger , better and final Ill add your mod xD
That would be a very good thing, if you can implement it, you got a download here ;)
Sandkaka

Post by Sandkaka »

t27duck wrote:That should be right.

And you are positive the template files (the .html files) are uploaded to your server?
/root/styles/prosilver/template/ are they located in.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”