[ABD] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
eliseo
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:50 am

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.0.0)

Post by eliseo » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:16 am

this mod works like a charm! thanks a lot mate! :D

yet i have a few questions:
  • i noticed that gamertags are not unique in the forum :( so i could say my GT is "xbox guy" and anyone else in my forum could change their GT to "xbox guy" too, how can i make them unique?
  • i added the code to ask for the GT when the user registers, but i noticed the GT field is not required, it is just optional. how can i make the GT a mandatory field for registration?
  • i noticed that in the UCP there's only one gamertag style (gel) and color (blue), how can i add more styles and colors to the dropdown box?
  • finally,i noticed that there's no gamertag validation like the one they have in MGC, so i could say i'm "major nelson" and the system would have taken it, is there a way to validate a user's GT? i know this might be hard to do but i was just wondering if that's planned for a future release?
i tried to make those changes myself but i'm too new to this whole phpBB thing, i just know enough to be dangerous and i don't want to break my forums again...

Groove200uk
Registered User
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.0.0)

Post by Groove200uk » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 pm

So has anyone got this working successfully on 3.01 ?

I used to have it working on an older version , but since the upgrade/new style ive got problems with it. UCP options are missing , but the admin ones are still there. I can turn it on for users via acp , but cannot select any different sigs , only 1 is avaialable.

If it does indeed work , ill go back through the install and see what is missing , but im concerned why only one sig is avaialble in the acp.

User avatar
CoC
Registered User
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:16 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Post by CoC » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:46 pm

Updated to work with 3.0.1 and changed some things within the mod as well.

Groove200uk
Registered User
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Post by Groove200uk » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Ah nice one pal....

Ill have a go tonight to see if I can fix it with the help of your new files/notes

thepita
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Post by thepita » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:48 am

Thanks Alot CoC!!!! I have just finished installing this on my site http://damngamer.com/phpbbforum

It works perfectly on 3.0.1 now!! everything shows up Thanks A Ton!!!!

Groove200uk
Registered User
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Post by Groove200uk » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:48 am

Nice one Coc.....re-did my install last night with the latest files/instructions and all back working perfectly !

Awesome job.

One question. The standard grey/yellow gamercard that appears under the users avatar in posts , can this be changed to a gamercard/net one with a different style ?

We have a blue forums , and would like to use a blue gel type.

Thanks

G

eliseo
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:50 am

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.0.0)

Post by eliseo » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:46 am

CoC wrote:Copy the images to ./styles/prosilver/imageset

Image Image

What that adds is a link to send the user a message on Xbox Live, or a link to add them as a friend.
i tried to implement the buttons but it didn't work, i don't get any errors it just doesn't show up at all. do i need to remove the flash gamercard in order for the buttons to work?

what i would like is the buttons under the flash card, to the right of the regular PM and email buttons. any ideas why this might not be working in my forums?

cheers.

whoknowswhat
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.0.0)

Post by whoknowswhat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:16 pm

eliseo wrote:
CoC wrote:Copy the images to ./styles/prosilver/imageset

Image Image

What that adds is a link to send the user a message on Xbox Live, or a link to add them as a friend.
i tried to implement the buttons but it didn't work, i don't get any errors it just doesn't show up at all. do i need to remove the flash gamercard in order for the buttons to work?

what i would like is the buttons under the flash card, to the right of the regular PM and email buttons. any ideas why this might not be working in my forums?

cheers.
Same problem here....... Using 1.1.0 of the mod and 3.0.1 of phpbb
I too would like the icons displayed under the gamer card and to the right of original buttons.
BTW, Thanks for the great MOD!

User avatar
CoC
Registered User
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:16 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Post by CoC » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:43 pm

You need to purge the theme and images.

whoknowswhat
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Post by whoknowswhat » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:58 pm

CoC wrote:You need to purge the theme and images.
That did the trick, works like a charm, I added target="_new" to the 2 a href tags though. Opens the xbox links in a new tab or window.

eliseo
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:50 am

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Post by eliseo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:01 pm

i did that too and still doesn't work, so i'm not really sure what could be wrong :?

for the sake of clarity, i did the following:
ACP -> Styles -> Style Components -> Themes -> prosilver: Refresh
ACP -> Styles -> Style Components -> Imagesets -> prosilver: Refresh

i also did:
ACP -> Styles -> Style Components -> Templates -> prosilver: Cache (deleted all files)
ACP -> General -> Clear Cache -> Execute

does anyone know what could i be missing?

TIA.

whoknowswhat
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Modified button contrib to keep flash card and add Halo3 too

Post by whoknowswhat » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:01 pm

Edited 7/3/2008:
Changelog:
I switched 2 of the images back to the original from CoC, I was confused with how rollovers work, I messed up. :roll:
I made the Halo 3 button a rollover

Note:
After updating your code if you use this, do a theme and imageset refresh, then purge cache.
When you check it out, if not immediately updated, click refresh in your browser a few times. I have to refresh the browser twice in Fire Fox 3.0 before the changes show up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here you all go!
Open ./styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html

Find,

Code: Select all

               <!-- IF postrow.U_JABBER --><li class="jabber-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_JABBER}" onclick="popup(this.href, 550, 320); return false;" title="{L_JABBER}"><span>{L_JABBER}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
After Add,

Code: Select all

               <!-- IF postrow.XBL_ID --><li class="xblmessage-icon"><a href="http://live.xbox.com/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_ID}" target="_blank" title="{L_MESSAGE_XBL}"><span>{L_MESSAGE_XBL}</span></a></li>
               <li class="xbladd-icon"><a href=http://live.xbox.com/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_ID}&act=Add target="_blank" title="{L_ADD_XBL}"><span>{L_ADD_XBL}</span></a></li>
<li class="xblh3-icon"><a href=" http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player={postrow.XBL_ID}" target="_blank" title="{L_H3_XBL}"><span>{L_H3_XBL}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open ./styles/prosilver/theme/buttons.css

Find,

Code: Select all

.quote-icon, .quote-icon a      { background: none top left no-repeat; }
After Add,

Code: Select all

.xblmessage-icon, .xblmessage-icon a   { background: none top left no-repeat; }
.xbladd-icon, .xbladd-icon a   { background: none top left no-repeat; }
            .xblh3-icon, .xblh3-icon a   { background: none top left no-repeat; }
Find,

Code: Select all

ul.profile-icons li.warn-icon   { width: {IMG_ICON_USER_WARN_WIDTH}px; height: {IMG_ICON_USER_WARN_HEIGHT}px; }
After Add,

Code: Select all

ul.profile-icons li.xblmessage-icon   { width: 20px; height: 20px; }
ul.profile-icons li.xbladd-icon   { width: 20px; height: 20px; }
ul.profile-icons li.xblh3-icon   { width: 30px; height: 20px; }
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open ./styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css

Find,

Code: Select all

.quote-icon, .quote-icon a      { background-image: url("{IMG_ICON_POST_QUOTE_SRC}"); }
After Add,

Code: Select all

.xblmessage-icon, .xblmessage-icon a      { background-image: url("{T_IMAGESET_PATH}/icon_message_xbl.gif"); }
.xbladd-icon, .xbladd-icon a      { background-image: url("{T_IMAGESET_PATH}/icon_add_xbl.gif"); }
.xblh3-icon, .xblh3-icon a      { background-image: url("{T_IMAGESET_PATH}/icon_add_h3.gif"); }
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open ./language/en/mods/xbl.php

Find,

Code: Select all

//Common
$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'XBOX_LIVE'									=> 'Xbox Live ID',
	'XBOX_COPY' => '<div id="page-footer">Xbox Live Tag Mod &copy; 2007 <a href="http://www.skyblueuntrust.com/">CoC</a></div>',
));

After Add,

Code: Select all

//Contact Buttons
$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
   'ADD_XBL' => 'Add as Xbox Live Friend',
   'MESSAGE_XBL' => 'Send Message Over Xbox Live',
   'H3_XBL' => 'View Halo 3 Stats',
));
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy the images to ./styles/prosilver/imageset

./styles/prosilver/imageset /icon_add_h3.gif = Image
./styles/prosilver/imageset /icon_message_xbl.gif = Image
./styles/prosilver/imageset /icon_add_xbl.gif = Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not forget to refresh both your image sets and your theme on the style tab, then purge your cache on your general tab. Then Enjoy! :ugeek:

Note: to open up the button clicks in a new tab instead of a new window change the target="_blank" to target="_new", or, to just let the button navigate you away from the board, remove the target="_blank"

Edit: 10/01/08 was to replace the images, the links were dead.
Last edited by whoknowswhat on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.

eliseo
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:50 am

Re: Modified button contrib to keep flash card and add Halo3 too

Post by eliseo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:50 am

whoknowswhat wrote: After Add,

Code: Select all

               <!-- IF postrow.XBL_ID --><li class="xblmessage-icon"><a href="http://live.xbox.com/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_ID}" target="_blank" title="{L_MESSAGE_XBL}"><span>{L_MESSAGE_XBL}</span></a></li>
               <li class="xbladd-icon"><a href=http://live.xbox.com/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_ID}&act=Add target="_blank" title="{L_ADD_XBL}"><span>{L_ADD_XBL}</span></a></li>
<li class="xblh3-icon"><a href=" http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player={postrow.XBL_ID}" target="_blank" title="{L_H3_XBL}"><span>{L_H3_XBL}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
thanks a lot man. unfortunately the fix didn't work for me. yet i found why, the IF condition at the beginning is not met. that is

<!-- IF postrow.XBL_ID -->

returns false, so none of the modifications get rendered. i have no clue why my XBL_ID is not set or it returns false. it doesn't make too much sense since the gamertags work correctly, but not the buttons :| would someone give a hint as to what could possibly be missing or wrong?

TIA.

whoknowswhat
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Post by whoknowswhat » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Not sure why it is not working for you, it works fine for me, except the button's tooltips that pop up when the cursor is over them.

Maybe it is just a bad install of the contrib, or maybe CoC would know more on this.
I am new to the phpbb scene.
Sorry I couldn't be of further assistance. If I come across something I will post it though.

Dielman
Registered User
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:52 am

Re: Modified button contrib to keep flash card and add Halo3 too

Post by Dielman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:03 pm

eliseo wrote:
whoknowswhat wrote: After Add,

Code: Select all

               <!-- IF postrow.XBL_ID --><li class="xblmessage-icon"><a href="http://live.xbox.com/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_ID}" target="_blank" title="{L_MESSAGE_XBL}"><span>{L_MESSAGE_XBL}</span></a></li>
               <li class="xbladd-icon"><a href=http://live.xbox.com/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_ID}&act=Add target="_blank" title="{L_ADD_XBL}"><span>{L_ADD_XBL}</span></a></li>
<li class="xblh3-icon"><a href=" http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player={postrow.XBL_ID}" target="_blank" title="{L_H3_XBL}"><span>{L_H3_XBL}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
thanks a lot man. unfortunately the fix didn't work for me. yet i found why, the IF condition at the beginning is not met. that is

<!-- IF postrow.XBL_ID -->

returns false, so none of the modifications get rendered. i have no clue why my XBL_ID is not set or it returns false. it doesn't make too much sense since the gamertags work correctly, but not the buttons :| would someone give a hint as to what could possibly be missing or wrong?

TIA.
The problem appears to be the <li>'s and sthe <span>'s, when I installed this extra bit for the mod I had to change them to just <li> and change the <span>'s to img's with direct image references.

That done though, it still fails to add the gamertag into the links it generates, and as an example, only generates links such as http://live.xbox.com/profile/MessageCen ... e.aspx?gt=, leaving the {postrow.XBL_ID} out completely.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”