[ABD] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
eliseo

Re: [BETA] Xbox Live Tag (1.1.0)

Post by eliseo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:51 am

whoknowswhat wrote:Not sure why it is not working for you, it works fine for me, except the button's tooltips that pop up when the cursor is over them.
i was finally able make the buttons work. and they work as they are, that is, two images stacked together in a single file. if you notice in the ./styles/prosilver/imageset folder there are other images that are exactly like that. i assume phpBB handles the mouse over automatically. so there's no real need to remove one of the images.

HTH

eliseo

Re: Modified button contrib to keep flash card and add Halo3 too

Post by eliseo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:16 am

Dielman wrote:That done though, it still fails to add the gamertag into the links it generates, and as an example, only generates links such as http://live.xbox.com/profile/MessageCen ... e.aspx?gt=, leaving the {postrow.XBL_ID} out completely.
i didn't have any problems with he <li>'s or the <spans>, yet i did run into the very same problem as you, that is {postrow.XBL_ID} was empty.

i noticed that that variable is set in viewtopic.php in the following line:

Code: Select all

'XBL_ID'	=> ($row['enable_xbl'] && $config['allow_xbl'] && $config['allow_xbl_posts'] && $user->data['user_allow_xbl'] && $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live']) ? $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live'] : '',
i don't know which condition returns false, but one of those is false and that makes the whole variable be set to a empty string. so i created my own variable under the previous one with the following code:

'XBL_GT'	=> $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live'] ? $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live'] : '',
with this in mind i changed the code in ./styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html to this:

<!-- IF postrow.XBL_GT -->
<li class="xblmessage-icon"><a href="http://live.xbox.com/es-MX/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_GT}" title="{L_MESSAGE_XBL}" target="_blank"><span>{L_MESSAGE_XBL}</span></a></li>
<li class="xbladd-icon"><a href="http://live.xbox.com/es-MX/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_GT}&act=Add" title="{L_ADD_XBL}" target="_blank"><span>{L_ADD_XBL}</span></a></li>
<!-- ENDIF -->
that worked. i know its not the best solution, but that'd work until CoC posts a better solution or someone else hints in the right direction. but for now it works because in my forums all users have entered their GT.

what im looking to do next is to not display the message and friend request buttons under my own gamercard, because i don't want to send a message or add myself as a friend. yet i don't know how to do that yet...

HTH

CoC

Post by CoC » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:21 am

:? - Not sure to be honest why it wouldn't work for you.

How you have it now like this,

'XBL_GT'   => $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live'] ? $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live'] : '',
Will show the tags even if you switch the mod off or a member chooses not to view any of the tag related things.

On my board I have it,

'XBL_CONTACT'	=> ($poster_id  == $user->data['user_id']) ? '' : ($config['allow_xbl'] && $user->data['user_allow_xbl'] && $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live']) ? $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live'] : '',

<!-- IF postrow.XBL_CONTACT --><li class="xblmessage-icon"><a href="http://live.xbox.com/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_CONTACT}" title="{L_MESSAGE_XBL}"><span>{L_MESSAGE_XBL}</span></a></li>
					<li class="xbladd-icon"><a href="http://live.xboxchoses.com/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_CONTACT}&act=Add" title="{L_ADD_XBL}"><span>{L_ADD_XBL}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
So if I ever turn the mod off nothing will be displayed, or if a member chooses not to view anything nothing will be displayed to them.

Also your own message/friend request buttons or not shown, which I see is something you're looking for.

whoknowswhat

Post by whoknowswhat » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:20 pm

eliseo wrote:
whoknowswhat wrote:Not sure why it is not working for you, it works fine for me, except the button's tooltips that pop up when the cursor is over them.
i was finally able make the buttons work. and they work as they are, that is, two images stacked together in a single file. if you notice in the ./styles/prosilver/imageset folder there are other images that are exactly like that. i assume phpBB handles the mouse over automatically. so there's no real need to remove one of the images.

HTH
If both images stacked in the same file works for you that is great!
No idea why my tooltips are not working for me though, I must have a bug in my own install somewhere, maybe it is my cut up images :lol:

Edit:
I edited the contrib for the image rollover to work, thanks for pointing my rollover mess up out to me eliso!
I would have never noticed.
I also made the Halo 3 button a rollover.
Last edited by whoknowswhat on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

whoknowswhat

Re: Modified button contrib to keep flash card and add Halo3 too

Post by whoknowswhat » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:53 pm

Dielman wrote:
eliseo wrote:
whoknowswhat wrote: After Add,

<!-- IF postrow.XBL_ID --><li class="xblmessage-icon"><a href="http://live.xbox.com/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_ID}" target="_blank" title="{L_MESSAGE_XBL}"><span>{L_MESSAGE_XBL}</span></a></li>
               <li class="xbladd-icon"><a href=http://live.xbox.com/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_ID}&act=Add target="_blank" title="{L_ADD_XBL}"><span>{L_ADD_XBL}</span></a></li>
<li class="xblh3-icon"><a href=" http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player={postrow.XBL_ID}" target="_blank" title="{L_H3_XBL}"><span>{L_H3_XBL}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
thanks a lot man. unfortunately the fix didn't work for me. yet i found why, the IF condition at the beginning is not met. that is

<!-- IF postrow.XBL_ID -->

returns false, so none of the modifications get rendered. i have no clue why my XBL_ID is not set or it returns false. it doesn't make too much sense since the gamertags work correctly, but not the buttons :| would someone give a hint as to what could possibly be missing or wrong?

TIA.
The problem appears to be the <li>'s and sthe <span>'s, when I installed this extra bit for the mod I had to change them to just <li> and change the <span>'s to img's with direct image references.

That done though, it still fails to add the gamertag into the links it generates, and as an example, only generates links such as http://live.xbox.com/profile/MessageCen ... e.aspx?gt=, leaving the {postrow.XBL_ID} out completely.
I am having an issue myself with the <li>'s and <span>'s producing the proper tooltip, but I think that is a problem with my personal install.
I have edited the contrib I made with a fix for the image issue, I didn't understand that phpbb handles rollovers in that way so I cut up the images, they have been reverted back to the originals posted by CoC, I will update my halo 3 button with a rollover effect soon and edit my post with it.
See if the fix works, (replace images and do the refreshes), if not you may have a bad install.

whoknowswhat

Post by whoknowswhat » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:27 pm

CoC wrote::? - Not sure to be honest why it wouldn't work for you.

How you have it now like this,

'XBL_GT'   => $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live'] ? $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live'] : '',
Will show the tags even if you switch the mod off or a member chooses not to view any of the tag related things.

On my board I have it,

'XBL_CONTACT'	=> ($poster_id  == $user->data['user_id']) ? '' : ($config['allow_xbl'] && $user->data['user_allow_xbl'] && $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live']) ? $user_cache[$poster_id]['xbox_live'] : '',

<!-- IF postrow.XBL_CONTACT --><li class="xblmessage-icon"><a href="http://live.xbox.com/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_CONTACT}" title="{L_MESSAGE_XBL}"><span>{L_MESSAGE_XBL}</span></a></li>
					<li class="xbladd-icon"><a href="http://live.xboxchoses.com/profile/FriendsMgmt.aspx?gt={postrow.XBL_CONTACT}&act=Add" title="{L_ADD_XBL}"><span>{L_ADD_XBL}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
So if I ever turn the mod off nothing will be displayed, or if a member chooses not to view anything nothing will be displayed to them.

Also your own message/friend request buttons or not shown, which I see is something you're looking for.
I am having an issue on my board I can not figure out, the tooltips under all of my XBL buttons show up funny, I.E. { ADD_XBL } , { MESSAGE_XBL } , and { H3_XBL } .
Any idea what is going on in my install?

whoknowswhat

Post by whoknowswhat » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:18 pm

gamebar360 looks awful on a black background due to the transparency and text colors used.

so.addParam('wmode', 'transparent'); // optional: use if changing transparency
The preceding line is the code that controls the transparency.
root/styles/style/template/viewtopic_body.html is the location of it.

Any Idea how to remove the transparency? I asked the code author, no response yet.
I would guess it is either a percentile or a string, but he does not say in any of his configuration info.
Thanks

th2mods

Post by th2mods » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:33 am

Heres a nother little problem for you :P

Might be me though...

One, even in the UCP if enabled to automaticaly attach XBL to post it doesnt do it..

Second, the xbl info under the name on a post on everyone says, undeified, privet profile.

The second issue just started happening.

SteveLeMaster

Post by SteveLeMaster » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:16 pm

I installed the mod without a problem, I can see it in the admin panel, but I can't figure out how to use it in sigs. The field doesn't show up in the profile,but, it does show up in posts...LOL

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

SteveLeMaster

Post by SteveLeMaster » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:59 pm

Ok. I see it only works in the prosilver theme.

My bad! Bugger. Too bad I can't get it to work in the UTIS theme pack.

whoknowswhat

Post by whoknowswhat » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:02 am

SteveLeMaster wrote:Ok. I see it only works in the prosilver theme.

My bad! Bugger. Too bad I can't get it to work in the UTIS theme pack.
You have to add what you added to the template files of prosilver and repeat it to UTIS.
So anything you added in a template file for prosilver, you add to UTIS.
Any file you add for the mod in the template folder of prosilver you add to the template folder for UTIS.

Do not forget to backup your templates before modifying them, also when finished refresh your template for UTIS on the style tab of the ACP.

I have this working on a theme I am working on....

SteveLeMaster

Post by SteveLeMaster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:52 am

I did that and I still couldn't get it to work right. It shows up in the UCP and ACP, however, I can't get it show up in posts.

I must have missed something somewhere. As it is a test board you are more than welcome to login as admin and poke around. If it crashes, I'll just reinstall it.

Email at webmaster@pctechspot.net for the logins if you're interested.

Krazed

Post by Krazed » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:37 am

Hi guys,

Installed this mod yesterday and is working great except when users go to register on the forum they get an error:

GENERAL ERROR

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Field 'user_xbl' doesn't have a default value [1364]
Any help to fix this would be much appreciated

Cheers,
Krazed

EDIT: Woops has already been covered a few pages back. Serves me right for not reading through the topic thoroughly enough. Have got everything running properly and have just finished putting in the XBL rollovers which are working fine except for the tooltips (?) coming up as { MESSAGE_XBL } and { ADD_XBL }. Anyone know how to fix this?
Last edited by Krazed on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krazed

Post by Krazed » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 pm

Bump

Anyone?

SSC streezer

Post by SSC streezer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:25 am

on my forum it isn't working at all :(

when i go to de UCP i get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/www/web92/html/phpBB3/includes/ucp/ucp_prefs.php on line 337

and in the ACP de configurations aren't displayed correctly -> printscreen: http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9923/komischvi2.jpg

how can i run this thing???
streezer

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”