[ABD] OTF Gallery

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Mighty Gorgon
Name: Luca Libralato

Re: [BETA] OTF Gallery

Post by Mighty Gorgon » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:13 am

You're welcome, let me know if you find some other bugs so I can fix them. :)

I hope to update the package before Christmas.

Badal

Post by Badal » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:28 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /otf_slideshow.php on line 115: fopen(album/xml/demo.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3396: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3397: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3398: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
i am facing this error in "demo" ."slid show"...but other folders and slid show option are working fine..!

Mighty Gorgon

Post by Mighty Gorgon » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:23 pm

Can you please try to check permissions of this file and its parent folder please?

album/xml/demo.xml

Make sure that XML folder is CHMOD 0777.

Try also to manually delete demo.xml

crinrict

Post by crinrict » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi,
great mod. Seems to be working fine for me so far.

Just a couple of requests/ questions

- Is the BBCode part necessary for something ? I don't see the purpose of it and it's rather large. Is it possible to get rid of it ?
- Would it be possible to add photos from other pages into the gallery. For example if people have their own image-host and want to show their pictures in the gallery. I don't want to upload all the peoples photos on my host.

Otherwise just what I need. Simple and easy

Crinrict
Crinrict

dragonz

Post by dragonz » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am

dr.death wrote:Nice MOD!

If i click on a thumbnail, the image is shown.
But if i go back with the browsers back button i receive this error: the website is expired....

( IE7 )
Same thing is happen to me dose anyone have a fixs for it or what file do I need to edit.

Thanks
Dragonz

Badal

Post by Badal » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:47 am

thanks.. i rename demo folder and now its working.. thanks and good work dude keep it up :D

Mighty Gorgon

Post by Mighty Gorgon » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:55 am

crinrict wrote:Hi,
great mod. Seems to be working fine for me so far.

Just a couple of requests/ questions

- Is the BBCode part necessary for something ? I don't see the purpose of it and it's rather large. Is it possible to get rid of it ?
- Would it be possible to add photos from other pages into the gallery. For example if people have their own image-host and want to show their pictures in the gallery. I don't want to upload all the peoples photos on my host.

Otherwise just what I need. Simple and easy

Crinrict
Regarding the "big" BBCode part, the error should be related only to IE and should have been fixed some posts ago, try to check the fix I provided to cherokee red... in any case you can remove it from the template if you don't need it.
Adding external links to the gallery would be possible only through a table in the DB (or include via TXT file, which I don't like)... at the moment this mod has no DB tables, maybe in the future. :D
dragonz wrote:
dr.death wrote:Nice MOD!

If i click on a thumbnail, the image is shown.
But if i go back with the browsers back button i receive this error: the website is expired....

( IE7 )
Same thing is happen to me dose anyone have a fixs for it or what file do I need to edit.

Thanks
Dragonz
I'll have a look on it... maybe I need to change the header passed to the show image script... As an alternative way you can force images to open in a new page by adding

Code: Select all

target="_blank"
in the thumbnail link.

If you need further help in implementing this, let me know... in any case next time I'll work on the mod I'll try to fix it. :)

avstu

Post by avstu » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:19 am

How stable is this?

Can users submit there own pictures or is it only admins?

Is it possible to add a description feature under each pictures?

And also i use my own custom skin (http://www.avillafan.com/forum ) Would this be easy enough to add to a different skin?
www.avillafan.com

A Aston Villa fan site, for the fans, by the fans..

avstu

Post by avstu » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:16 pm

Also when installed it doesnt fit in with my layout
www.avillafan.com

A Aston Villa fan site, for the fans, by the fans..

AlessandraF

Post by AlessandraF » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:12 am

Hey Mighty, there is some possibility to convert my Photo Album 2.0.53 Smartor to this new Album?
Grazie so much!

spikechu

Post by spikechu » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:18 am

Hey nice mod.

few questions though.

I am looking for a mod that will allow each user to have there own gallery that will display there images in there Profile page and only the user can can upload images to there gallery /album.

and to allow for multiply albums per user.
can this mod do this ?
let me know

Mighty Gorgon

Post by Mighty Gorgon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:02 am

avstu wrote:How stable is this?

Can users submit there own pictures or is it only admins?

Is it possible to add a description feature under each pictures?

And also i use my own custom skin (http://www.avillafan.com/forum ) Would this be easy enough to add to a different skin?
I guess it is almost stable, I haven't been reported for particular misfunctions so far... maybe because nobody is using it. :lol:

Users can submit pictures, but all submitted pictures will be added in the same category... this feature is meant to provide an easy to use UPLOAD IMAGE feature to insert images in posts (you have an extra button while posting to upload images).

No possibility to add description... because this mod has currently no DB. :wink:
avstu wrote:Also when installed it doesnt fit in with my layout
What do you mean, it's too wide?

Did you apply the fix I proposed some posts ago?
AlessandraF wrote:Hey Mighty, there is some possibility to convert my Photo Album 2.0.53 Smartor to this new Album?
Grazie so much!
Unfortunately this Gallery doesn't rely on a DB so you can't convert Smartor Album to this Gallery system.

I have seen in this section some Album Mods being started, but to be honest I didn't had the time to test them so far, so I cannot say if you can easily convert your old Smartor album to one of these. :(

I can't promise anything, but if I find enough free time and someone helping me in supporting it, I may recode from scratch something similar to the old FAP. For sure I won't start before Spring, because I'm involved right now in some other projects. :?

So... if you need a Gallery right now, jump to one of the Gallery Mod topics in this forum and chose the one you like the most. :)
spikechu wrote:I am looking for a mod that will allow each user to have there own gallery that will display there images in there Profile page and only the user can can upload images to there gallery /album.

and to allow for multiply albums per user.
can this mod do this ?
let me know
No, this mod isn't based on DB, so you cannot achieve what you need. I'm sorry. :(

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:51 pm

Hey MG, my gallery is still working great - so far no errors :)
1 little question though. Currently the bbcode output for all my images is as follows -

[url=http://sixstringromance.co.uk/ssr/pic.php?pic_cat=pics&pic_id=Gtrr.JPG][img]http://sixstringromance.co.uk/ssr/thumb.php?pic_cat=pics&pic_id=Gtrr.JPG[/img][/url]
Notice in the URL there is no www. - is there anyway to force this (just my personal preference to have it show). :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

Mighty Gorgon

Post by Mighty Gorgon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:19 pm

Path is created using generate_board_url() function... I guess if you add www in your config you should get it in the address as well... :?

Or you should hardcode it in otf_gallery.php by changing this line.

'PIC_BBCODE' => '[url=' . generate_board_url() . '/' . $pic_img_url . '][img]' . generate_board_url() . '/' . $pic_img_thumb . '[/img][/url]',
In these days I have coded an interesting caching/sorting feature for those who have thousands of images in the posted images folder... I need the time to clean the code and then I guess I may release another version with this enhancement.

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:29 am

Mighty Gorgon wrote:Path is created using generate_board_url() function... I guess if you add www in your config you should get it in the address as well... :?
I had it set, just didn't set the option 'Force Settings' to yes - work now thanks :oops: :D
Mighty Gorgon wrote: In these days I have coded an interesting caching/sorting feature for those who have thousands of images in the posted images folder... I need the time to clean the code and then I guess I may release another version with this enhancement.
Sounds good :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”