[ABD] Custom Title MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
spacefish

Re: [ALPHA] Custom Title MOD

Post by spacefish »

ghettowboy wrote:almost like i made duplicate entries or something.. but i know i havn't.. any suggestions?
It does look like they're added twice. Check those files again, then refresh templates/clear cache and see what happens. If it's still not right, can you .zip or .rar those 2 files and post a download link here and I'll have a look at them? I just checked mine again and using the edits as above they still only show once and I've tried out the 3 different Custom Title options (No replacement, Replace rank only and Replace rank and rank image) and can't reproduce the problem you have there.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

It looks like one of them is the custom title and the other one is the rank description. Change one and see what happens. I say that because your "View Profile" shot looks like the second occurrence is bold. Or, you have the template edits in there twice and one of them was inserted differently than the other edit.
ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

ok... i seem to have figured what was the problem.... but now to figure out how to solve it.. it appears that there was a conflict somewhere with the custum title edits and the rank title... and i'm guessing that the origanal edits posted by gremlinn said to replace the the origanl rank title entries with the custom title edits for this reason... i'm also guessing that the custum title edits modifies and uses the rank title.. so with both the origanal rank title code and the custom title code , what ever you put in the custom title box.. will echo in the rank title space.... what leads me to believe this is that for testing i removed the origanl rank title code.. and its as it shouuld be now.. .. but even still... it shouldn't be like that should it?? shouldn't they be operating seperatly from each other..??

also another reason why i believe this to be true... if you take a look on the memember list page.. under rank it gives ya the cutom title..... ??
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Hey ghettowboy - I'm really sorry but I posted the wrong info for the 'memberlist_view.html' edits :oops: - I posted that you were to add before the online_img conditional when in fact you should have found the old rank title info and replaced it with these new edits. The mod configuration (in ACP) allows you to have either just a custom title or a custom title and rank title (and/or image) so those file edits do replace the original rank title code and uses the conditionals to display what you have set in ACP.

Check that file again and make sure it looks something like this - and remember to take into account any other mods that may have required edits to this file. I've included code in the file from both before and after the custom title/rank title edit so you can see how the end result should look:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_USER_INACTIVE -->
			<tr>
				<td align="center" class="error"><b class="gen">{L_USER_IS_INACTIVE}</b><br />{L_INACTIVE_REASON}: {USER_INACTIVE_REASON}<br /><br /></td>
			</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<tr>
				<td align="center"><!-- IF USER_COLOR --><b class="gen" style="color: {USER_COLOR}"><!-- ELSE --><b class="gen"><!-- ENDIF -->{USERNAME}</b><!-- IF U_USER_ADMIN --><span class="genmed"><br />[ <a href="{U_USER_ADMIN}">{L_USER_ADMIN}</a> ]</span><!-- ENDIF --></td>
			</tr>
			<!-- IF CUSTOM_TITLE or RANK_TITLE or RANK_IMG -->
			<tr>
			<td align="center"><strong>{CUSTOM_TITLE}</strong></td>
			</tr>
			<!-- IF CUSTOM_TITLE and RANK_TITLE or CUSTOM_TITLE and RANK_IMG --><br />
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<tr>
			<td align="center">{RANK_TITLE}</td>
			</tr><!-- IF RANK_TITLE and RANK_IMG --><br />
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<tr>
			<td align="center">{RANK_IMG}</td>
			</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF AVATAR_IMG -->
				<tr>
					<td align="center">{AVATAR_IMG}</td>
				</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF ONLINE_IMG -->
			<tr>
				<td align="center">{ONLINE_IMG}</td>
			</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
As for the viewtopic_body.html, it looks like either the code was put in twice or you have the same custom title as rank title as Gremlinn said.
ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

well, as far as the viewtopic_body.html files is... wouldn't it make sense that i reaplace the old rank code there also since again it has the same conditions as the memberlist_view??? i do not have double entries anywhere's and i doubt that the additional edits that were made to to the viewtopic_body.html file would cause a duplicate listing of the custom title.... so that only leaves me to believe that, with both the origanal code and the custom title edits in the file together is making it do this.... BUT, i have replace the original code with the the custom title code... and all is well as far as that goes now.. no more duplicates..

however, i am unable to determine atm if this totaly overrides the rank title option.... ?? if i wanted to have bot h a custom title and user rank??? if this is so then i guess i can live with that.. but am just curious..

also apparently, whenever you make changes thru the acp it looks for a acp log entry code of some sorts.. and there is none atm... how could i add one?
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I think I did it again :oops: ... I had ISP problems for about 3 days there and quickly posted my reply while the internet was working but obviously I didn't check what I'd posted very well. :roll:

Here are the complete edits again ...

Code: Select all

Open:  memberlist_view.html

Find:

<!-- IF RANK_TITLE -->
				<tr>
				</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF RANK_IMG -->
				<tr>
				</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF AVATAR_IMG -->
				<tr>
					<td align="center">{AVATAR_IMG}</td>
				</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->

Replace with:

<!-- IF CUSTOM_TITLE or RANK_TITLE or RANK_IMG -->
			<tr>
			<td align="center"><strong>{CUSTOM_TITLE}</strong></td>
			</tr>
			<!-- IF CUSTOM_TITLE and RANK_TITLE or CUSTOM_TITLE and RANK_IMG --><br />
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<tr>
			</tr><!-- IF RANK_TITLE and RANK_IMG --><br />
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<tr>
			</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->

Open: ucp_profile_profile_info.html

Find:
<!-- IF S_BIRTHDAYS_ENABLED -->

Add, before:

<!-- IF S_CUSTOM_TITLE_ENABLED -->
<tr>
	<td class="row1" width="35%"><b class="genmed">{L_CUSTOM_TITLE}:</b><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_CUSTOM_TITLE_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
	<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" name="custom_title" size="30" maxlength="{CUSTOM_TITLE_MAXLENGTH}" value="{CUSTOM_TITLE}" /></td>
</tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->

Open viewtopic_body.html

Find:

<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE --><div class="posterrank">{postrow.RANK_TITLE}</div><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF postrow.RANK_IMG --><div class="postrankimg">{postrow.RANK_IMG}</div><!-- ENDIF -->

Replace with:

<!-- IF postrow.CUSTOM_TITLE or postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.RANK_IMG -->
					<div class="customtitle">{postrow.CUSTOM_TITLE}</div>
				<!-- IF postrow.CUSTOM_TITLE and postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.CUSTOM_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG -->
				<!-- ENDIF -->
					<div class="posterrank">{postrow.RANK_TITLE}</div>
				<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG -->
				<!-- ENDIF -->
				<div class="postrankimg">{postrow.RANK_IMG}</div>
				<!-- ENDIF -->

Open: theme/stylesheet.css

Find:
.posterprofile   { font-size: 10px; color: #D0D0D0; }

Add, after:
.customtitle   { font-size: 9px; font-weight: bold; color: #B0B0B0; }
... hope that works better for you. :?
ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

thanks spacefish... it works... but kinda what i was asying tho.. ;).. you rock m8!
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

Restore your files from you backups (you should ALWAYS backup before you add another mod). Then follow the mod install instructions exactly. Each add will only happen once and each find will be started from the previous find and the first find will start at the beginning.

I got this mod installed in my development site perfectly on prosilver and subsilver 2, with many other mods. I have no errors with this mod at all. I would say this mod is just about complete.
mattgid

Post by mattgid »

Gremlinn wrote:I would say this mod is just about complete.
I think not. At least it needs more support from the author. And doesn't that make you wonder "where is he? :? "
✖✖_Matthew Gideon_✖✖
ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

mattgid wrote:
Gremlinn wrote:I would say this mod is just about complete.
I think not. At least it needs more support from the author. And doesn't that make you wonder "where is he? :? "
that is irelavent atm.... because of and thanks to the generous efforts of some of the other members here that believe this mod is worth it, progress has moved on... and thats what its about! ;)

THANKS GUYS!!! :D
mattgid

Post by mattgid »

yeah. spacefish, especially. But are they allowed to just take over the mod like that?
✖✖_Matthew Gideon_✖✖
ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

why wouldn't they??? this is a public forum, so with that i would think whats posted here is for the community to use and develope further... beside its more than clear the original author abandoned it... so, instead of this goin to waste like so many good mod ideas i've seen so far..... it's been continued... and thats good :D
mattgid

Post by mattgid »

ok. first. rewrite the whole instructions!!! Minestill doesnt work >_>
✖✖_Matthew Gideon_✖✖
ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

well, what is the problem your having?
mattgid

Post by mattgid »