[ABD] Custom Title MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
RedTrinity

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by RedTrinity »

ghettowboy wrote:
RedTrinity wrote:
ghettowboy wrote: it shows like this when disabled...... which style are you running(skin i mean)?
Am using Serenity (Subsilver2 based) - but the last time I tried installing this script and the exact same problems were happening, we were using Prosilver.
RT, i have just installed this and have it running on serenity style with no issues, using the install instructions provided.... only thing i can say is to start again with the edits.. :?:

edit:
make sure youre using the beta version of the the custom title mod and not the alpha... and also make all the subsilver html edits..(including the last one that says prosilver..)
Will check, though I should add that I am using Stargate Portal as well which the Serenity template came with by default so that might have something to do with it.

Will let you know how I go.

Cheers :D

emoibm

Re: [ALPHA] Custom Title MOD

Post by emoibm »

CrimsonThunder wrote:A very special thank you to endout.com for helping me.

To make it work you have to put a number in the days, number in the posts and a number in how many letters for you to not get the error.

Now I'm having another problem, when I go to edit someones custom title I get this error:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'user_custom_title' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_icq = '', user_aim = '', user_msnm = '', user_yim = '', user_jabber = '', user_website = '', user_from = '', user_occ = '', user_interests = '', user_custom_title = NULL, user_birthday = ' 0- 0- 0' WHERE user_id = 2

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_users.php
LINE: 1060
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 463
CALL: acp_users->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Anyone know how to fix? :)

endout.com has made a comment on this earlier. I have sent him a PM asking him for more info, if he can help me out. I'll post it here. ^_^ its basically how to edit an SQL. I've never done it before. :(

Stil can't fix this error.
Someone can please send me a pm with the solution ?

Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 »

Did you run the sql entry?

Does anyone know how i can fillin the title?
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services

updown

Post by updown »

In the Administration-Protocol, there seems to be a missing entry in a language-file when the settings of the Mods were changed in the ACP.

This is the entry of the protocol:

Code: Select all

{LOG CONFIG CUSTOM TITLE}
Did I miss something or is this still not defined? I also haven't found it in the install-script... :?:

ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

updown wrote:In the Administration-Protocol, there seems to be a missing entry in a language-file when the settings of the Mods were changed in the ACP.

Did I miss something or is this still not defined? I also haven't found it in the install-script... :?:
no you didn't miss anything... that was sorta left out for some reason... was the same in the alpha version also..

to fix this :

open language/en/acp/common.php

Find:

'LOG_CONFIG_VISUAL'			=> '<strong>Altered visual confirmation settings</strong>',
Add after on new blank line:

'LOG_CONFIG_CUSTOM_TITLE'   => '<strong>Custom Title Settings Updated</strong>',
save

and that should make for a nice fix for ya..

Mandarola

Post by Mandarola »

where can I change my custom title!? I install the mod perfectly and the modules too.

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

I can't see the options to set custom titles. I did all the edits, the module in the acp show up, but no settings in UCP or permissions...

Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

ghettowboy wrote:
updown wrote:In the Administration-Protocol, there seems to be a missing entry in a language-file when the settings of the Mods were changed in the ACP.

no you didn't miss anything... that was sorta left out for some reason... was the same in the alpha version also.. .
Wow, I had no idea such a language string was even required. It looks like they're constructed dynamically. I guess I'll add that whenever I release a new version. Thanks for catching that! I'd never have noticed (seeing as how I don't actually use the MOD myself). A bug tracker would really be helpful. I'd set something up, but it seems like there's no good way to refer users to it.

ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

i love this mod.... speaking of updates... are there any planned?

Cr33per

Post by Cr33per »

I have had this mod for a long time and I could never get this to show up in the UCP after I updated to phpbb3.0 Gold .. I'm I missing something ?
I can only change it in my ACP :?
Last edited by Cr33per on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cr33per

Post by Cr33per »

I have had this mod for a long time and I could never get this to show up in the UCP after I updated to phpbb3.0 Gold .. I'm I missing something ?

Edit:OPPPS :roll:

Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

Cr33per wrote:I have had this mod for a long time and I could never get this to show up in the UCP after I updated to phpbb3.0 Gold .. I'm I missing something ?

Edit:OPPPS :roll:
If it doesn't show up in the UCP (and there aren't any errors), the most likely cause is that the relevant template hasn't been modified properly, or the template cache hasn't been cleared.

Cr33per

Post by Cr33per »

O beleave me I have done everything right. I even set all the permissions right. The only way I can get it to show up in the UCP is if I cahnge the code in the ucp_profile.php

// Check if the custom title is enabled.
                $custom_title_enabled = false;
				if ($auth->acl_get('u_title_edit'))
				{
					if ($auth->acl_get('u_title_ignore_reqs'))
					{
						$custom_title_enabled = true;
					}
					else
					{
						$registered_seconds = time() - $user->data['user_regdate'];
						if (($registered_seconds > $config['custom_title_days'] * 86400) && ($user->data['user_posts'] > $config['custom_title_posts']))
						{
						}
To

// Check if the custom title is enabled.
				if ($auth->acl_get('u_title_edit'))
				{
					if ($auth->acl_get('u_title_ignore_reqs'))
					{
					}
					else
					{
						$registered_seconds = time() - $user->data['user_regdate'];
						if (($registered_seconds > $config['custom_title_days'] * 86400) && ($user->data['user_posts'] > $config['custom_title_posts']))
						{
						}

But then anybody can change it.
I will check my edits again.

Origin30

Post by Origin30 »

Great mod, works a treat!

I temp got the same problem Cr33per, and realised refreshing wasn't seeming to update it (maybe server?)
so I added the template edits from within Admin aswell as the template edits offline. After I added the edits via admin, it all worked fine.

Spaniel

Post by Spaniel »

Thank you for making this mod - any mod that enhances the profile section is always a winner :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”