[ABD] Custom Title MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
BioLogIn
Registered User
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:51 am

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by BioLogIn »

My version of this MOD (installed like a month and a half ago) doesn't modify default title in outgoing private messages. Is this feature not implemented yet (I'm humbly requesting such feature then), or I should simply update to the latest version of this MOD?
Aexoden
Registered User
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:18 am
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Name: Jason Lynch
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by Aexoden »

BioLogIn wrote:My version of this MOD (installed like a month and a half ago) doesn't modify default title in outgoing private messages. Is this feature not implemented yet (I'm humbly requesting such feature then), or I should simply update to the latest version of this MOD?
I admit I didn't even consider private messages. I don't think it was even an issue in phpBB 2.0.x, but I could be wrong. In any case, I'll add it to the list for Beta 2, but it could be quite some time before I get around to it.
Gresh
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by Gresh »

Sorry to be stupid, and ask a question that may have been answered, but how do Admin change users titles?

Thanks.
User avatar
*Capmaster*
Registered User
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by *Capmaster* »

Nice mod!! :mrgreen:

I couldn't get the Custom Title input to show up in UCP either ...until I remembered I had to set permissions.

Once I did that, it worked flawlessly in all four styles 8-) 8-)
DJ Skitzo
Registered User
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:25 pm

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by DJ Skitzo »

Just a quick question.

Does this replace the group rank or does it show both ranks at once? If it does replace it would it be possible for it to be modified slightly to allow the custom and group ranks to be displayed at once.

I have also been looking for a mod which allows you to display the post based rank aswell as the group rank so that moderaters and admins still have to post to get their rank up.
Aexoden
Registered User
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:18 am
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Name: Jason Lynch
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by Aexoden »

DJ Skitzo wrote:Just a quick question.

Does this replace the group rank or does it show both ranks at once? If it does replace it would it be possible for it to be modified slightly to allow the custom and group ranks to be displayed at once.

I have also been looking for a mod which allows you to display the post based rank aswell as the group rank so that moderaters and admins still have to post to get their rank up.
You can set it to show both the custom rank and the regular rank as an option. If you want to show a post rank and a group rank, though, that'll be a separate MOD. I don't know if one exists.
Gresh
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by Gresh »

Ok, apologies for the stupid question before!

Now a simple one....

Can moderators edit other people's titles?
Aexoden
Registered User
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:18 am
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Name: Jason Lynch
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by Aexoden »

Gresh wrote:Ok, apologies for the stupid question before!

Now a simple one....

Can moderators edit other people's titles?
Well, it's part of the "edit user" facility, so they'd require the ability to edit users in general, which is an administration permission. It's not something they can separately do.
User avatar
TC
Former Team Member
Posts: 3633
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:23 pm
Location: Kµlt °ƒ Ø, working on my time machine

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by TC »

hi -

is further development planned on this to get beyond [BETA] status?

thanks.
.:: 28:Ø6:42:12 ::.
Aexoden
Registered User
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:18 am
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Name: Jason Lynch
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by Aexoden »

TC wrote:hi -

is further development planned on this to get beyond [BETA] status?

thanks.
I have a short list of changes that need to be made to a new release, but time constraints and lack of motivation (as I don't use this MOD anymore) mean that I may not get to it anytime soon.
DJ Atomix
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by DJ Atomix »

After installing your mod (which is nice BTW), I tried installing others and they did not work. I install them correctly, but they do not show up. I also noticed that after installing you mod, the portal index link disappeared from my acp. I think these problems are associated with your mod and was wondering if you could add that to your list of things to do. As for uninstallation (until I install the other mods), should I just delete all the code I had to add? Thanks!
ham1299
Registered User
Posts: 613
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:12 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by ham1299 »

Thanks for a great MOD! :)
Heather
stradivuckos
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by stradivuckos »

I also have a problem, i've modifiled everything and custom title thing shows in UCP but, it doesn't have any effect.(after i enter it nothing shows up...).I've set permissions. So my question is: What can be the source of this problem?
Maybe i have missed at some modification part.
EDIT: thanks for making this awesome mod.
EDIT2: and sql is not a problem i've checked it now.
Aexoden
Registered User
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:18 am
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Name: Jason Lynch
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by Aexoden »

stradivuckos wrote:I also have a problem, i've modifiled everything and custom title thing shows in UCP but, it doesn't have any effect.(after i enter it nothing shows up...).I've set permissions. So my question is: What can be the source of this problem?
Maybe i have missed at some modification part.
EDIT: thanks for making this awesome mod.
EDIT2: and sql is not a problem i've checked it now.
Do you mean it saves it and then it doesn't show up in your profile or on your posts? If so, that's most likely a problem with editing the templates. The first step is to go into the ACP and clear the cache, just to make sure that's not an issue. Otherwise, check the template modifications, especially if you're using themes other than subSilver2 or prosilver.
stradivuckos
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Re: [BETA] Custom Title MOD

Post by stradivuckos »

Okay after doing some modifications... This happened.
I can only change custom title via ACP and now it doesn't show in UCP but now it shows on every topic post etc. So what is the source of this problem (which means templates aren't a problem anymore :D)
EDIT: If i fix this can others see custom title in my profile?
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”