[ABD] Shop Mod (0.4.1)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ChaosBurnt

Re: [ALPHA] Shop Mod (0.3.0)

Post by ChaosBurnt »

Phantom784 wrote:What you're talking about is already planned as my "shelf" feature, although I haven't gotten much work done on that yet. However, if you just need to know what items were purchased, I'd suggest making the edit in the following post that will pm the admin (well, whoever user's id is 2). This'll be included in the next release. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5047025
Good to know Phantom, nice one mate.
Phantom784 wrote:Also, something where buying an item to get a new style available to use or gain access to a file download (not sure which of those features you'd need for your premium styles, ChaosBurnt) could be done as a new item backend. This way, the admin doesn't even have to do anything to make the new style available.
Now this seems like how I originally would have liked your shop mod' to fucntion, sort of having the shop purchasable items linked to an actual download. I did try to figure out how I could do this but my tine pee brain just can't work it out mate. Is that what you saying by the item backend Phantom? If so, how would we go about making this take place, any ideas on how to set it up mate?
For everyone's information, the templates I provided are back under the copyright property of the original designer, EidolonHades.
PorkoWog
Name: Gary

Post by PorkoWog »

Phantom784 wrote:What you're talking about is already planned as my "shelf" feature, although I haven't gotten much work done on that yet. However, if you just need to know what items were purchased, I'd suggest making the edit in the following post that will pm the admin (well, whoever user's id is 2). This'll be included in the next release. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5047025
Whilst this is a good feature, it isn't EXACTLY what I was looking for. You are saying that I am sent a PM each time a user purchases a product from the shop. I don't wish for a PM to be sent just to me, I wish for a default item (user selected) to be displayed when a user posts, so for example, the equivalent would be to display my item to the right of this topic under my post information (under 'Posts:', 'Joined:' and 'Location:')...

Sorry if it seems confusing, let me know if you understand where I'm coming from. :oops:
Phantom784

Post by Phantom784 »

PorkoWog: I understand what you're saying, and that's what the shelf will be. However, you mentioned earlier that you wanted to use the shop to see what hosting packages people have. With the pm, as soon as they buy a hosting package, you get notified, so you can configure their account (or whatever you have to do). The reason I mentioned that is you can implement it right away, and I know that I've been taking a while to release a new version (and honestly, I haven't gotten too much work done on it).
Want to contact me? Find out how at http://francisfisher.com/contact.php
PorkoWog

Post by PorkoWog »

Oh ok, no problem at all then Phantom784... I've already got this covered though because people don't apply for hosting via the forum as of now, but they apply via a client billing system which deals with everything automatically. I just have to find a script or code that automatically removes a certain amount of posts from a user depending on the hosting package that they own per month (I own a free hosting service where points are the currency; you pay a certain amount of points per month for your particular hosting package).

Do you know anywhere where I can find something like this? If not, then I am going to request something like this to be created. :)

Thanks for your help and I can't wait until you release a new version/updates for the shop modification.
ChaosBurnt

Post by ChaosBurnt »

Awesome Phantom, not what I really would like this mod to do but this will work perfectly for the interim.
I've just finished setting the shop up on the forum I'm going to implement the shop for downloads and tested out the PM addon you've given us, works perfect so far mate.
One thing though, if we remove the $. you mentioned in an earlier post it messes with the PM function when someone purchases an item. No big deal, the $. isn't that important, but figured you might want to know about that.

Excellent mod mate, thank you very much Phantom :)
For everyone's information, the templates I provided are back under the copyright property of the original designer, EidolonHades.
Phantom784

Post by Phantom784 »

PorkoWog: it would be pretty easy to set up a script that runs a a cron job every month to deduct points from user accounts.

ChasoBurnt: How exactly does removing the dollar sign mess up them pm?
PorkoWog

Post by PorkoWog »

How do you think I could do this Phantom784? Have you done it yourself or has anyone requested it be done before?
ChaosBurnt

Post by ChaosBurnt »

Phantom784 wrote:ChasoBurnt: How exactly does removing the dollar sign mess up them pm?

Alright Phantom, okay mate, this is what happened.
I added the addon you recommended for the PM bit and purchased an icon and the PM was sent out no problem. I made the edits you suggested in earlier post to remove the $. then purchased an icon but no PM was sent out. I replaced the $. and purchased an icon and the PM was sent out. It could just me be being really stoopid mate, I don't know.
Phantom784

Post by Phantom784 »

ChaosBurnt: I couldn't replicate the error you're getting, so I dunno what's going on. I wouldn't expect the dollar sign to affect the pm in any way.

PorkoWog: I haven't done this or had it requested. It sounds more like something that should be requested from the cash mod or simple points mod than the shop mod.
Benely

Post by Benely »

Does this mod work the iPoint system?
PorkoWog

Post by PorkoWog »

Oh ok, no problem at all then. Thanks very much for your help Phantom784! It is much appreciated. :D
bigaldizzler

Post by bigaldizzler »

Hi there :)

I was wondering if you can provide some screenshots of this mod? I would like to see things such as how the acp for the mod looks like, how the shop looks like in the user's perspective, where the items go when people purchase it, etc. things of that nature? Thanks!

I am definitely looking forward to this! I also saw your post on handyman's cash mod I hope you can get this mod to work with his point system! :mrgreen:
spiegelj

Post by spiegelj »

This mod works with handymans cash mod users have an inventory tab in the ucp were items will bedisplayed after they have purcased the item. I use Handymans cash MOD and This Shop MOD on my board
bigaldizzler

Post by bigaldizzler »

This mod works with handymans cash mod users have an inventory tab in the ucp were items will bedisplayed after they have purcased the item. I use Handymans cash MOD and This Shop MOD on my board
Thanks for the response! About the items displayed are they also displayed in the user's post near their avatar for everyone to see? also may you pm me a link to your site, Thanks! :ugeek:
Phantom784

Post by Phantom784 »

bigaldizzler wrote:Thanks for the response! About the items displayed are they also displayed in the user's post near their avatar for everyone to see? also may you pm me a link to your site, Thanks! :ugeek:
Thats in the works.
Last edited by Phantom784 on Sat May 03, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”