[ABD] Shop Mod (0.4.1)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Scriptmaster10

Re: [ALPHA] Shop Mod (0.3.0)

Post by Scriptmaster10 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:31 am

When the shop mod progresses into further development "Backends" will be created, similar to the lottery backend which will enable items to be "used" for various effects. Backends can be created by anyone (once the shop mod progresses) so there will be plenty of uses.

Battle mod - not really part of the Shop Mod, it would require a LOT more code. What you are after is an RPG mod, if you search around you will discover some in development. If you are still unsatisfied I would recommend installing phpbb2 and installing the various componants of "Moogies RPG" or "advanced dungeons and rabbits"

alex_coningham

Post by alex_coningham » Sun May 25, 2008 11:01 am

yeah im waitng for a release of adr with the shop finished. when will the 'backend' be ready? surely the battle mod cant be that hard... could you look into it?

desertst0rm
Translator

Post by desertst0rm » Sun May 25, 2008 3:29 pm

desertst0rm wrote:Phantom784 you forgot adding User inventory in User Administration.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I double checked the install.xml and it tells you to add the inventory page in the DIY area.[/quote]

Yes, I added that. What I mean is the admin can't remove the item of other members. Example I want to throw members item how can I do that?

Phantom784

Post by Phantom784 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:37 pm

Right now, the only way for the admin to get rid of a user's items is to directly manipulate the database. I'll eventually add a moderator control panel so admins/mods with the appropriate permissions can access a user's inventory.

As for backends, you currently can program your own backends, I put a lot of comments in blank.php explaining how the API works. To make a new backend, make a copy of blank.php in the same directory (with a different name, of course), and modify it to do what you want. Of course, you need to know some PHP in order to make a backend. If any programmers need help with or want to make suggestions for the API, please let me know. I am planning on extending the backend API to add more flexibility.

I've been doing a lot of work on the mod lately, and I should have a new release soon. The main new features will be the "shelf" to allow users to display items under their signature or user name, and installer script, and the configuration page in the ACP.
Want to contact me? Find out how at http://francisfisher.com/contact.php

Draygon

Post by Draygon » Sun May 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Any chance the "Categories" will be added with the new release as well? :mrgreen:

desertst0rm
Translator

Post by desertst0rm » Sun May 25, 2008 7:21 pm

Hope you add a inventory of all items details (all item bought and who bought it, returned item something like that) in the ACP.

alex_coningham

Post by alex_coningham » Sun May 25, 2008 10:32 pm

hope you add something to actually do with these items :)

bigaldizzler

Post by bigaldizzler » Mon May 26, 2008 3:48 am

alex_coningham wrote:hope you add something to actually do with these items :)
Just curious, what do you mean by add something to do w/ these items? I have seem a forum where you can purchase 'items' which are displayed as pets next to your avatar (not sure what else you can do w/ them). On another forum I was on you can click on people's pets and feed them :D I was just a lurker so I didn't get to use all the features :cry:.

Scriptmaster10

Post by Scriptmaster10 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:35 pm

That will have been the Rabbitoshi mod (coded by the long gone lapin-malin) for phpbb2 - as of yet this mod has not been produced for phpbb version 3. Hopefully we should see someone take it on soon. Again you may want to take a look at the Advanced Dungeons and Rabbits mod as Rabbitoshi was kind of connected to that... (kind of).

I cant wait to see Shop Mod leap into action.

alex_coningham

Post by alex_coningham » Mon May 26, 2008 10:09 pm

yeah im eagerly awaiting adr but there wont even be another ALPHA release for a month, so it wont be till next year for any RC release... this shop mod works well (except for the wasted tab in acp) its just it seems pretty useless at the moment. cant wait for some functionality. thanks

chinaren

Post by chinaren » Wed May 28, 2008 2:52 am

Woo! Yeah! I added it.

But, yeah, not so much you can do with it yet. :?

How hard would it be to add an item you can download, such as a word file for example, in the shop? I mean, you go to the shop and then when you buy it it downloads the 'item' to your PC.

Anyway, eagerly waiting for more on this. Thank-you for your work so far. :D
www.TomeCity.com All about stories
My Books:

rsrikanth05

Post by rsrikanth05 » Wed May 28, 2008 8:36 am

I hope this is like vBulletin vBplaza.
where it shows richest users, gives a thief optoon [ more info here:http://fhq.forumer.com/fshops-making-mo ... thief.html ] and all that.

Phantom784

Post by Phantom784 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:11 pm

chinaren wrote:Woo! Yeah! I added it.

But, yeah, not so much you can do with it yet. :?

How hard would it be to add an item you can download, such as a word file for example, in the shop? I mean, you go to the shop and then when you buy it it downloads the 'item' to your PC.

Anyway, eagerly waiting for more on this. Thank-you for your work so far. :D
When I start working on different items, I could pretty easily add an item that gives access to a download.
rsrikanth05 wrote:I hope this is like vBulletin vBplaza.
where it shows richest users, gives a thief optoon [ more info here:http://fhq.forumer.com/fshops-making-mo ... thief.html ] and all that.
I've never used vBplaza, but I beleive this is pretty similar. Since the "money" functionality has to be provided by a seperate mod (such as Handyman's Cash Mod, showing the richest users would be the responsibility of that (I'm not sure if it does so or not, but if you want that functionality, you should ask Handyman`. As for stealing, I'll implement something like this as an item that you buy, then when you "use" it, you select a user to target. The admin will be able to configure success rate. I'll also have something people can buy to help protect themselves.
Want to contact me? Find out how at http://francisfisher.com/contact.php

desertst0rm
Translator

Post by desertst0rm » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:14 am

Phantom784 could you also add a feature that send pm containing a prepaid pin to the buyer. :?: :?:

alex_coningham

Post by alex_coningham » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:27 am

y not just give the user money from ACP??? no need for any prepaid vouchers...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”