[ABD] Armory World of Warcraft Tooltip

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Ethidal

Re: [RC3] Armory World of Warcraft Tooltip

Post by Ethidal »

Actually, that wasn't me that posted the Detheroc character.

SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR »

Ethidal wrote:Actually, that wasn't me that posted the Detheroc character.
whoops looks like I quoted the wrong post. Heh, sorry :oops:

RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

Your server might've gotten placed on a temporary block list @ the Armory. - That happens if your server makes too many connections in too short a time frame.. - Or maybe the Armory was having some issues at the time.

The original author is working on a caching system to help reduce the likeliness of that. (Thankfully, he's not the author of reiserfs, otherwise we'll be waiting a long time for the next version..... :mrgreen: )

Elementardrache

Post by Elementardrache »

Two more Problems with this mod:

1. if you enter an item and the search in armory gives two items back you get a "item not found"

I have only a example in german:

you enter "Dämonentöter" with the wow tags. But in the armory is also a "Dämonentöterhandschutz". So you get in the tooltip "item not found".

2. PHPBB3 uses UTF-8. In the Tooltip are ? instead of äöüß.

tragicdog

Post by tragicdog »

I getting an error on IE, and in firefox, opera, and safari the tool tips are not showing up... I have done everything in the install file twice and still no tooltips... anyone have any idea?

the error in IE is 'tooltip' is undefined

I'm sure its something simple, but a little help is needed.

reiserfs

Post by reiserfs »

god dammit im very busy and cant get time to work on the project sorry guys but next version will take more time to finish.

RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

No worries.. - Hope whatever it is thats keeping you is good and if not, hope it works out for the best.

Thanks for making what you've done available! :D

RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

tragicdog wrote:I getting an error on IE, and in firefox, opera, and safari the tool tips are not showing up... I have done everything in the install file twice and still no tooltips... anyone have any idea?

the error in IE is 'tooltip' is undefined

I'm sure its something simple, but a little help is needed.
Are you using the new version or the old? - The new version has some known issues.

If you're using the old version, did you put the script info in the overall_header.html for the style you're using?

tragicdog

Post by tragicdog »

Lol, I'm such a moron sometimes. overall header was it. thanks.

jolraelgeo

Post by jolraelgeo »

I have installed this mod in a forum.
The character works great, but the item ajax shows "Unable to connect to armory portal..." But if I click in the link, I can see the item in the Armory.

Do you know what could it be?

Thanks in advance!

Notalda

Post by Notalda »

For what it's worth, I liked this mod, even though it did have a few shortcomings, namely no caching, and way too large tooltips, with too many irrelevant information (I only use the character tooltips, fyi).

To fix those issues, I went ahead, and updated the included phpArmory class, and added phpArmoryCache, modifying includes/common.php to use that one.

Once done, I modified char.php, making $stats_conf an associative array, with all entries set to false, and split the make_talent function into two: one that sets up the information, and stores it into a hash, and another which uses this to set up the HTML code.

The former is now being used by the stats_conf/*.php files, to determine the spec of the char, and only list the stats relevant (and interesting) to the spec.

This change cut the tooltip size to about half on average, even more for hybrid classes, while still showing the most interesting stats.

Oh, and I also changed the mod to show percentages instead of ratings wherever possible.

More information, download, and so on and so forth are available from my weblog. (Yes, I know, the download isn't exactly the most conveniently set up, but I didn't have time to set up a proper release and distribution procedure yet)

Notalda

Post by Notalda »

A quick update: Since my last post, I added a proper download link to my blog, and also applied a quick fix, which makes the mod not show a profession if it has no data.

This means that for a char that has no professions, none will be shown. If it only has one, only one will be shown. Previous versions put broken images and empty profession info into the tooltip, which looked bad.

New download is available here, demo can be seen on the application forum of my guild.

Nathanien

Post by Nathanien »

Hmm... I cannot open the file... maybe it's broken...?

Moddi

Post by Moddi »

Deprecated method document.getSelection() called. Please use window.getSelection() instead.

Got that error while using Firefox, and this from IE 6.0

Error: 'tooltip' is undefined.

First of all, it aint working for me.

wow logo[cyclone shoulderguards]

This is how it look and when i hover the mouse over it, nothing happens, i can click it and go to armory, but the actually Tooltip wont show up, any ideas?

www.anautocenter.se/SGP/forum

Moddi

Post by Moddi »

Well i got it to work but i got this..

"unable to connect" and u know the rest of it :p

http://anautocenter.se/SGP/test.php.txt

here u go

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”