[ABD] Armory World of Warcraft Tooltip

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
reiserfs

Re: [RC3] Armory World of Warcraft Tooltip

Post by reiserfs »

Ygramul wrote:Just wanted to ask again if anyone who happens by this could please advise me on the following:
Ygramul wrote:I also have another question. I've tried adjusting the CSS to make it so tooltips found near the bottom of the page don't end up partially hidden. I've tried using the "relative" property, but maybe I'm not doing it correctly. Can someone please advise me how to get the tooltip pushed up by the bottom of the page if it's found there? Thanks again.
Thanks.

I think the position of the Tooltip is controled by the JS not by the CSS, this is my theory.
indy111

Post by indy111 »

Dear sir,
This is a very nice mod for me, but could you make it support chinese armonry(TW.WOWARMORY.COM)?
I made some code changes of Armory World of Warcraft Tooltip, Ex:

Code: Select all

// Set language en/de/es/fr/uk (uk for eu.armory)
$armory->setlang('uk');
replace with

$armory->setlang('tw');
but still can't show the chinese on tooltip, chinese weapon name replace with ??? and status text still english

if this mod can support chinese that would be perfect, Thanks!

B/R, Johnson.
oliver141180

Post by oliver141180 »

I'm having a problem getting the tooltip to show upon mouseover. The link appears to work and I have been able to modify the html ref to get the links so go to the relevant part of the armory in a new window, but it will not work with the tooltip.

I have checked the java console on firefox and it throws and error when i mouse over the link, stating "ajax_showTooltip is not defined", and also "ajax_hideTooltip is not defined". I'm using a custom style so have tried going back to the default prosilver style and still get the same problem.

Any help/advice appreciated

Oliver
reiserfs

Post by reiserfs »

indy111 wrote:Dear sir,
This is a very nice mod for me, but could you make it support chinese armonry(TW.WOWARMORY.COM)?
I made some code changes of Armory World of Warcraft Tooltip, Ex:

// Set language en/de/es/fr/uk (uk for eu.armory)
$armory->setlang('uk');
replace with

$armory->setlang('tw');
but still can't show the chinese on tooltip, chinese weapon name replace with ??? and status text still english

if this mod can support chinese that would be perfect, Thanks!

B/R, Johnson.
I cant, but i tryied. When i enter in tw.wowarmory i get only ?????, if someone port an chinese version i put on oficial.
reiserfs

Post by reiserfs »

oliver141180 wrote:I'm having a problem getting the tooltip to show upon mouseover. The link appears to work and I have been able to modify the html ref to get the links so go to the relevant part of the armory in a new window, but it will not work with the tooltip.

I have checked the java console on firefox and it throws and error when i mouse over the link, stating "ajax_showTooltip is not defined", and also "ajax_hideTooltip is not defined". I'm using a custom style so have tried going back to the default prosilver style and still get the same problem.

Any help/advice appreciated

Oliver

Post your forum URL, but i think you dont put the .js includes on overal_header.htm
oliver141180

Post by oliver141180 »

Post your forum URL, but i think you dont put the .js includes on overal_header.htm
sorry had a line missing for the tooltip, corrected it now and works fine.

thanks for the help
Oliver
reiserfs

Post by reiserfs »

My mod still alives lol.

Ok i dont have any update here, but i will release the final version on December, so stay tuned and feedback the bugs.
alohastone

Post by alohastone »

First of all: Big big big thanks for creating this addon! I have been looking for some good itemstats replacement for quite a long time now, because itemstats kept producing errors due to different installs (eqdkp version didn't work together with the WBB version, etc.) and server restrictions (one version of itemstats didn't work with open_basedir restriction etc. pp.).
That's why I like the idea of pulling the item (and char) infos directly from WoW Armory, without writing all the item infos into the local DB. Tooltips load quite fast, the data is always up-to-date, and you don't need to fill up your DB with loads of item stats. Really nice approach!

I also like the char info a lot, that's something I've also been waiting for quite some time. I'm no coder, that's why I didn't know how to do it myself, but I wanted to build up a new guild forum and connect the WoW Armory player data with the phpbb profile. With your mod it would be possible to include the player tooltip into the forum template, so that by hovering over the poster's name, you get his / her charinfo displayed, right? Maybe putting an additional Armory Icon next to the poster's name, which is linked to his armory profile, and displays the char info tooltip when hovering over it, would be a really nice option.

One more thing I came across when using your mod: I use EU armory settings, and german language, because my guild comes from germany. But in the item and char tooltips, some info is displayed in english (e.g. "Health, Mana, Stamina Intellect") while some are displayed in german (e.g. the class and race, as well as professions). I had a look at the .php files of your mod, and I noticed that some info are fetched from WoW Armory, while some are hardcoded in the mod files. I don't know if the WoW Armory XMLs don't fetch these hardcoded words and phrases, if so, I think it would be better to use separate language files where those words and phrases are stored, and define the language file according to the language setting in your mod, instead of hardcoding the words and phrases directly in the .php files.

Then you could use %firedmgtext% in the .php file, and store the value for it in the language files. E.g. in english.lang %firedmgtext% is equal to "Fire Damage", and in german.lang %firedmgtext% is equal to "Feuerschaden". That way the Mod would be suitable for all languages, and people could decide what language they want to use.
I can imagine it's quite a lot of work to use this new structure, but personally, I would really love to see this feature. As for the german language file, I'll be glad to help and translate the english stuff.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share with ya. Thanks again for the time you're putting into this, and sorry for my bad english and weird explanations, I'm doin' my best hehe. One Love and greetings to Brasil!
my personal weblog: alohastone.com
reiserfs

Post by reiserfs »

I know the language suport is very weak, but im working on a new clean code with language suport and stuff.

Right now i can't finish and release this, couse i have a lot of college work to finish first.
So december i enter on vacations and will have a lot of free time to PLAY WOW (lol) and finish the Mod, with better language suport and a new secret feature. xD

Stay tuned.
alohastone

Post by alohastone »

Niiiiiiiiiice! :D

Enjoy your vacation then and let me know when you need help with translating.
LRdM

Post by LRdM »

I changed the $armory->setlang('en'); to $armory->setlang('uk'); in both char.php and item.php but I'm getting 'Unable to connect to Armory portal' error messages on the tooltips still for both characters and items. I tried editing the var $armory = "http://eu.wowarmory.com/"; in phpArmory.class.php as well and no luck. The armory site is up and running (for once) so it's not that :P Any ideas?
Shantalya

Post by Shantalya »

Very nice mod!
I hope I could change your version.

This is a German version, and I have changed:
  • Bonding improved.
  • Spell Data Trigger improved.
  • Trigger function improved.
  • Drop Chance added.
  • Races added.
  • Unique improved.
  • Attributes improved. (-+2 Spirit? Now not more. - or + now)
  • Projectiles are now supported.
  • Instancebound added.
  • And much more.
And the XML parser is not perfect.
When 2 values: 1 equip and 1 use.
In Blizzard XML is equip trigger 1 and use trigger 0
Your XML parser makes "0" to "" (none)

...and here is my tooltip Ajax have now no longer iFrame with IE (tested with IE 6.0): JS+CSS+item.php file

I hope you can use that

[Sorry for my very bad english]
Last edited by Shantalya on Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
alohastone

Post by alohastone »

Now that's a really nice edited version. I really like the ajax loader and the transparency in the tooltip, adds kind of a web 2.0 style to it. Really nice.

Of course I also like the fact that this version comes in german. But it's hard-coded too, and as I said before, it would be cooler to store the language stuff in different language files.

I know it's not an official release, but is has some really nice ideas in it. Maybe you can integrate those in your next release?

While testing this edited version, I also noticed that there seems to be an error with german umlauts, at least for my installation / server. I run into this stuff all the time, so maybe it has to do something with my php version or server configuration. Screenshot of the error:

You can find a phpinfo file here:

http://www.paebbels.com/phpinfo.php?print=phpinfo

Professional help is being sought and greatly appreciated :D

Thanks for working on your version and sharing it!

EDIT: Another error in this version: If the itemname or playername is pretty short, the tooltip is placed too far to the left, so you can't read half of the tooltip. Should be placed more to the right.
reiserfs

Post by reiserfs »

That is some nice changes, i will change the oficial JS conde on next version

Ty Shantalya, you will be on credits.
Shantalya

Post by Shantalya »

@alohastone:
search in item.php: <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
add before: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
test now
reiserfs wrote:That is some nice changes, i will change the oficial JS conde on next version

Ty Shantalya, you will be on credits.
thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”